Duke4.net Forums: E3 2018 - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

E3 2018  "What to watch for?"

Hey guys,

I have been away from the gaming universe for quite some time. What is worth watching out for this time?

Any interesting things that is NOT another battle royale or maybe some Duke news?

You can move/delete this thread if it already exists :(

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

My eyes are specifically on Nintendo and Bethesda. But I keep an ear out for the rest as well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the long rumored Rocksteady Superman game.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

I'm almost certain Doom 5 is coming (I refuse to call it Doom 2), Serious Sam 4... Those are the two I'm keeping my eye on most. Sadly no duke news to our knowledge.

User is offline   Balls of Steel Forever 

• Balls of Steel Forever

I've personally been praying to every god known to man for a new twisted metal.
Although fractured lands looks tight(I'll probably get it),
It's just more filler for a new TM game.
So, I want twisted metal to continue.
It's the only series to be on ps1, ps2, and ps3, and breaking the chain feels like it would be a poor decision from Sony, it's their last symbolic franchise.
Also the characters even in the new one were some of the most wretched and violent characters in all of video game history.
I love that series.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Given that both JSJ and Randy have said that many things are in the works that should make Duke fans happy, I'd wager we'll hear something at this E3.

But here's what I'm hoping for E3:

Doom 5:
I really really hope it doesn't go the way of Wolfenstein The New Colossus and try to make it all story heavy by humanizing the Doomslayer and what not. Doom 4 was just so good because it remembered Doom was supposed to be a video game. I wanna see Doom 5 follow up on that and what Doom 4 did well, more violence, more weapons, more demons, better level design and hopefully the music goes from 50% metal & 50% dubstep to 100% Metal.

Devil May Cry 5:
Capcom royally fucked things up back in 2013 with that god awful reboot and it's insultingly bad redesign of Dante and fans have been wanting Uncle Dante to return along with the unfinished storyline of the original series ever since.
With all these rumors, leaks and website domain refreshes, it seems like it may be happening and I really hope it does, we need a Devil May Cry hack n slash more than ever in this day and age of unbearablely boring God of War 2018 type games.

Rage 2:
I wanna see more of this game, didn't like the first one, but I like Avalanches game's and Rage 2 seems like a lot of fun.

Rocksteady's Superman game:
I hope it's true, Superman needs a good game desperately and I very much like the idea of a Rocksteady DC universe since the movies are shitting themselves constantly.

But my most anticipated game of E3 is:
Posted Image
I love Witcher 3 very very much, it's right up there in my top 5 games ever with Duke3D, Metal Gear Solid 3, Devil May Cry 3 and Resident Evil 4.
CD Projekt RED did an incredible job with that game and I can't wait for their new game Cyperpunk 2077, it's been so long since I've had that feeling of what new cool stuff we're gonna see, cause so few game makers nowadays do anything new or exciting in the AAA space.

I've been following Cyberpunk 2077 closely ever since I finished Witcher 3 and eating up every tiny piece of news we got, I haven't been this hyped since DNF was confirmed to be alive and yeah I'm well aware of how dangerous hype like that can be, but I can't help it.
I really hope this game makes it's long awaited and rumored appearance at E3.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 06 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostNever Forgotten, on 06 June 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the long rumored Rocksteady Superman game.

I don't see how a Superman game could be good unless you were playing as a villain or something.
I really hope Rocksteady are working on something else or an original IP. Give me an Urban Chaos sequel dammit!

I'm excited for Bethesda; Rage 2, Fallout 76, Prey DLC/Standalone thing, other surprises
Excited to see Serious Sam 4, CDPR's Cyberpunk, and maybe finally seeing Square Enix's Avengers game.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Dang I forgot about Serious Sam. That too. Anything Devolver does at an expo or game show of some sort is always entertaining even if their products may not be (but they always are).

The only thing I'm looking forward to is Serious Sam.

Anything else is a bonus.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'd like to think that Id have found their mojo for Doom so I don't think they will 'go Wolf' with the series. The only thing that I didn't like about New Doom was that all the DLC was for multiplayer - bleh! Some new Demon-ripping action would be amazing.

Despite it's multitude of faults, I really enjoyed Rage. I'm really looking forward to the new game - especially as it looks like they may have expanded on the features that Id's original failed to deliver.

I hope to be wrong, but I don't see anything happening with Duke. Id got their shit together and found a studio to breath life back into Rage. I can't see GBX doing the same. Even if they do, just look at what happened in the past. Their 'phone-it-in' work-ethic will scupper any attempt to serve the King with a decent outing. I'm waiting till someone else gets the IP.

Forgot to mention, I'm also looking forward to Dave Lang, Adam Boyes, and John Vignocchi's yearly after-E3 shenanigans with Giant Bomb.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostxMobilemux, on 06 June 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

Doom 5:
I really really hope it doesn't go the way of Wolfenstein The New Colossus and try to make it all story heavy by humanizing the Doomslayer and what not. Doom 4 was just so good because it remembered Doom was supposed to be a video game. I wanna see Doom 5 follow up on that and what Doom 4 did well, more violence, more weapons, more demons, better level design and hopefully the music goes from 50% metal & 50% dubstep to 100% Metal.

I would be very surprised if they went the Wolf route with Doom. I mean, even when New Order came out Doom 4 still defied that and did its own thing.

I'm fairly convinced that the heavier story emphasis is a primarily MachineGames thing. Id chose wisely to keep the story in the background and mostly optional in D4. I'm kinda hoping they do the same (though I kinda hope some of the concepts of the original D4 they were working on come back, just not at all at the expense of the gameplay).

Gameplay-wise I'm hoping mostly for more of the same, but I'd love to see some new enemies. The first game did its job being a reboot and reintroducing the enemies, now I'd like to see an original bestiary or some resurrected Doom 3 monsters like the Bruiser.

View PostHulkNukem, on 06 June 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

I don't see how a Superman game could be good unless you were playing as a villain or something.

By not limiting the possible actions to what Superman would do in the comics. It should let you play as the ultimate boyscout if you so desire, but also let your Superman be a well-intentioned extremist, a flat-out bad guy or every intermediate combination.

User is offline   Maisth 

Really excited for Serious sam 4, been waiting for that game for a long time, also having high hopes on a new Doom or even Duke game.

View PostMaisth, on 08 June 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

Really excited for Serious sam 4, been waiting for that game for a long time, also having high hopes on a new Doom or even Duke game.

A possibility that Duke will be featured in serious Sam? :( I just remember jsj writing about there were a few Duke projects atm. :P

It turns out that Serious Sam 4 won't be shown at any conference, and instead have a behind-closed-doors reveal.

They may still reveal a trailer later but don't expect any Sam at the Devolver Conference.

Doa 6 coming next year nice.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 09 June 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Doa 6 coming next year nice.

https://www.oneangry...ealistic/60789/

:(

Well not buying then sorry

EA’s conference was one big wet towel. Nothing interesting whatsoever.

View PostKaijuTurtle, on 09 June 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

EA’s conference was one big wet towel. Nothing interesting whatsoever.

It was exactly the hilarious embarassment I expected and got some good laughs on Discord.

View PostDoom64hunter, on 09 June 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

It turns out that Serious Sam 4 won't be shown at any conference, and instead have a behind-closed-doors reveal.

They may still reveal a trailer later but don't expect any Sam at the Devolver Conference.

Can't imagine them not putting a trailer out because when the teaser was released it said full trailer reveal at E3.
It being a Bethesda/Doom 2016 reveal for Quakecon only attendees type situation would be stupid.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 09 June 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Well not buying then sorry

DOA 6 just keeps on getting worse and the dev just keeps on getting dumber.
https://www.oneangry...cs-films/60904/

He says American Comics and movies were the reason for this tone down and I bet he has no idea that western comics are plummeting in sales and the biggest film franchise in the world is on the decline due to all this SJW nonsense causing them to suck.

Speak with your wallet and ignore Dead on Arrival 6, go with Soul Caliber 6.

User is online   X-Vector 

View PostDoom64hunter, on 09 June 2018 - 04:55 AM, said:

Well, it worked for Duke Nukem Forever.

View PostxMobilemux, on 06 June 2018 - 08:44 PM, said:

But my most anticipated game of E3 is:
Posted Image

Same for me. Believe it or not, I've been waiting for a game like that for 24 years: in 1994 I had read a preview of what would now be called a sandbox game, named Cyberspace, with polygonal graphics, set in a big city and in cyberspace, and only few months later I had mistakenly assumed that an article of my school newspaper (actually about the paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020) was about that video game. It described it as a series of spectacular adventures in a sprawling futuristic city and a cyberspace full of techno-threats. Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that Cyberpunk 2020 was not a video game at all, and then Cyberspace never came out!
Fast forward to May 2012, when Cybperpunk 2077 was announced. I was so excited that my dream was finally coming true, but that dream was soon quenched by years after years of nothing (who said DNF?). Now I really hope that CD Projekt RED will announce a release date at E3; if not... I fear it's gonna be DNF all over again.

DEVIL MAY CRY!!!!!!

AND CYBERPUNK 2077!!!

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 10 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Halo 6 Jump Force CyberPunk soul 6 damn I need a lot of money, wish Duke Nukem was there sad he wasn't always next year.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 June 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

DEVIL MAY CRY!!!!!!

AND CYBERPUNK 2077!!!

Damn, I need both these right now! Cyberpunk's looking like the sleazy sci-fi world I've always wanted to explore, and there's no doubt CD Projekt will knock it out of the park. Great to see a Hideaki Itsuno-led DMC sequel, too.

View PostxMobilemux, on 10 June 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

AND CYBERPUNK 2077!!!

Whew that's some ambition on display right there.

This post has been edited by SilenceSam'sSilence: 10 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostSilenceSam, on 10 June 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Whew that's some ambition on display right there.

Yep. Just like Duke Nukem Forever in 2001.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options