Duke4.net Forums: Switch one time - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Switch one time

User is offline   Maisth 

Is there a way to make a switch work 1 time and then it never works again? i've tried a lot of method but apart from closing the switch with a wall nothing seems to work, is this even possible in the first place?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Depends on what you're trying to do.

touchplates can have one-time uses

masterswitches can have a one-time activation, but if the player can reach the sector if 'activates', the player can manually manipulate that sector by 'using' it.
- so you can 'chain-link' effects using a masterswitch & the ceiling door trick to do a one-time event.

This post has been edited by Forge: 01 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

an activator with hitag of one (hitag = how many times) combined with an activatorlocked with a bogus lotag is one option.
I usually have 999 tag reserved as something that can't be triggered anywhere so it's easy to spot if you accidentally trigger it later on (unlocked message).

User is offline   Maisth 

well what i was trying to do was basically use the Z floor and ceiling technique to make a sector go up, but with a 1 time switch, so ill start experimenting with these examples you guys offer

edit: anyway i've tried the methods but i've decided to stay with the closing wall one

This post has been edited by Maisth: 02 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMaisth, on 02 June 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

well what i was trying to do was basically use the Z floor and ceiling technique to make a sector go up, but with a 1 time switch, so ill start experimenting with these examples you guys offer

edit: anyway i've tried the methods but i've decided to stay with the closing wall one

if it's a sector the player enters & you want it to act like a one time lift, a touchplate at the height you want the sector to raise to would work.

if it's a remote sector that is supposed to raise - then oasiz' method would work. (ht 1 for a one-time-up, -or- ht 2 for a one-time down).

This post has been edited by Forge: 02 June 2018 - 12:04 PM

User is offline   Maisth 

So i have another question, which it has nothing to do with Switches but with One time use thingy, but instead of a Switch its a Reactor.

Thing is in my map i have 2 reactors the player has to destroy, my question is how do i make a reactor Trigger only 1 masterswitch, i know that destroying a Reactor triggers all masterswitches but this isn't entirely true, in Episode 2 of Lunar Reactor, there's a reactor that triggers a masterswitch, but there's another one outside the map that has a masterswitch and 3 C-9, and also in the corridor that the player needs to go to press the Nuke Button there's also Masterswitches that trigger an explosive and the reactor doesn't trigger those, so my question is.

How do i make a Reactor trigger only 1 Masterswitch, or try explaining me how they manage to pull that trick out in Lunar Reactor.

This post has been edited by Maisth: 03 June 2018 - 07:32 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMaisth, on 03 June 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

How do i make a Reactor trigger only 1 Masterswitch, or try explaining me how they manage to pull that trick out in Lunar Reactor.

Just give the Reactor(s) a unique Hi-Tag value.

This post has been edited by Hank: 03 June 2018 - 07:49 AM

User is offline   Forge 

make sure all your masterswitches have hitag values

(except the one(s) you want activated when the reactor is destroyed if you don't need a time delay & if you don't feel like linking the lotag channel)

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 June 2018 - 08:35 AM

User is offline   Maisth 

gotcha thank you guys

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options