Duke4.net Forums: 80s palette - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

80s palette

User is offline   LAW 

Hello.

I am a lazy, old smartass.

Anyway is anybody in possesion or willing to do a .pal file which will resemble the pink/blue/neon color set like in the Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon? Switching a pal is probably quicker than remaking textures.

Ok Jackie, now it's my turn...

User is offline   Photonic 

I'm currently all set up to make custom build palettes. You ask for a .pal then talk about remaking or not remaking textures, so I'm a little confused about what it is you are even after. Do you want a custom PALETTE.DAT that plays Duke 3D in an 80s palette? or just a random .pal palette for some other purpose.

User is online   Phredreeke 

I think he wants a PAL with neon colors so he wouldn't have to redo the textures for an 80s look

Attached Image: duke0000.png

Sorry I asked.

User is offline   LAW 

Thanks for the reply.

I think about having that special 'neon' look in levels. So my guess is the easiest way of achieving this is by loading a custom .pal. Then you would have a brick texture with a little pink hue instead of normal brick texture. Am I right?

Edit: Just as Phredreeke said.

And your image looks cool - that's the direction. If only it had a bigger influence on the brick textures.

This post has been edited by LAW: 14 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

Doing a game palette change like I did has a ton of nasty side effects, looks like shit. If I were doing this I'd script a palette change through photoshop on just the textures you want changed, then load it all as high res with .def code and run it in opengl only.

User is online   Mark 

• Honored Donor

When I saw Blood Dragon and the color scheme requested in the first post I thought of this.
https://forums.duke4...post__p__298297

User is offline   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

What you want might be better achieved with an extended palette, rather than replacing the existing one. You might regret making it impossible to have normal brick/cement colors. Have you tried Lezing's extended color look-up table pack?

http://lzg.duke4.net/extclut.htm

Pals 0-25 look normal, but the pals keep going all the way to pal 121, with some outlandish pink/purple ones along the way.

User is offline   LAW 

I am aware of the side effects. But these could be reduced, if the color changes weren't drastic. Thanks for the tips and I saved your pic - I might use the pal from it.

Edit:

Thanks Trooper Dan. I forgot about his sets!

This post has been edited by LAW: 14 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options