Duke4.net Forums: The return of Rage - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The return of Rage

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTea Monster, on 15 May 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

From the trailer, it looks like Rage 2 is everything that Borderlands should have been and never was.

Yes and it would be great if they'd nail that because while I like the concept of Borderlands I despise everything else in it. I mean the combat sucks, the co-op sucks, the RPG system sucks, the story is bad and the humor is so bad that it's annoying. Honestly I'm amazed at the success of that franchise because if I'd want to name a few atrocious FPS titles Borderlands would certainly be one of them.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

So no id tech engine and Avalanche is doing most of the work, just being "advised" by id (even though Willits ofc stated otherwise). That's bold, to say the least. However, in the end I guess what matters is whether the game has the fluent gameplay which Doom 2016 had, and id will make sure that's the case. The fact that BL3 is apparently still far away will help them, provided they manage to release R2 before.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostZaxx, on 15 May 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

Yes and it would be great if they'd nail that because while I like the concept of Borderlands I despise everything else in it. I mean the combat sucks, the co-op sucks, the RPG system sucks, the story is bad and the humor is so bad that it's annoying. Honestly I'm amazed at the success of that franchise because if I'd want to name a few atrocious FPS titles Borderlands would certainly be one of them.

I know I'm a minority on this forum for saying this, but I think Borderlands 2 is actually a very good game, and I disagree with pretty much everything you said. I have had a lot of fun playing lots of different character builds in coop with friends. The combat CAN suck -- e.g. at high levels when enemies are bullet sponges if you don't have the correct gear/build. The co-op CAN suck -- if you playing with randos. But for the most part, the combat is fine and the coop is great (if you are playing with friends). The RPG system is fine for what it is; each class has a few skill trees and a super power. It's not supposed to be deep. The story is fine; it's not awesome but it's not bad.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostTrooper Dan, on 15 May 2018 - 11:14 PM, said:

I know I'm a minority on this forum for saying this, but I think Borderlands 2 is actually a very good game, and I disagree with pretty much everything you said. I have had a lot of fun playing lots of different character builds in coop with friends. The combat CAN suck -- e.g. at high levels when enemies are bullet sponges if you don't have the correct gear/build. The co-op CAN suck -- if you playing with randos. But for the most part, the combat is fine and the coop is great (if you are playing with friends). The RPG system is fine for what it is; each class has a few skill trees and a super power. It's not supposed to be deep. The story is fine; it's not awesome but it's not bad.

To be frank I got out at the first game so I don't know if the mechanics were improved or not in the second one. I gave the first one a legit chance though, I poured around 30 hours into it before I called it quits. Sometimes I want to try BR2 but then I always remind myself how bored I was by the end of the first one (I mean by the end of my BR1 career, I never completed it). :(

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 16 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostZaxx, on 16 May 2018 - 06:23 AM, said:

To be frank I got out at the first game so I don't know if the mechanics were improved or not in the second one. I gave the first one a legit chance though, I poured around 30 hours into it before I called it quits. Sometimes I want to try BR2 but then I always remind myself how bored I was by the end of the first one (I mean by the end of my BR1 career, I never completed it). :(

Oh, OK. Borderlands 1 is not very good, that is true. Borderlands 2 is better in every way. In fact, it's one of the best examples of a sequel fixing the flaws in a game that I can think of in the history of games. The only better example I can think of is the difference between Street Fighter 1 and Street Fighter II.

User is offline   LAW 

View PostHulkNukem, on 15 May 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

This image confirms there will be some direct ties to the first Rage; this character is from the first, I think his name was like Kovar or Kvasir, and he was the one that sent you into Deadcity and gave you suit upgrades.
Its been confirmed you aren't playing the same character and instead play a new one whose home was destroyed and left for dead; basically, you are starting out with nothing and working your way up.

Yep, Kvasir. He had a mini lab, but I didn't like him for the looks. I thought he is about to betray me or something.

This post has been edited by LAW: 17 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options