Duke4.net Forums: Bill and Ted 3 has finally been greenlit - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bill and Ted 3 has finally been greenlit  "after a decade of working"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

Bill and Ted Face the Music, with the director of Galaxy Quest set to direct and the original writers.

http://ew.com/movies...ed-3-announced/

Just two months after reuniting for EW, Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are taking their reunion to the righteous next level: Bill & Ted 3. Nearly 27 years since the release of the second film in the science fiction comedy franchise, plans were officially announced Tuesday for Bill & Ted Face the Music.

Of course, the absence of George Carlin is a sore spot, but they had said before that if this got made they've written a very appropriate homage to him into the story. Hopefully it will be good.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs
It's Green (Duke3D BETA Track!) in FLAC, OGG, & MP3 with metadata loop tags
Duke3D, Doom, Descent, Hocus Pocus, and more...
Legacy of Grabbag Metal Medley

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

Wow! I'm actually excited about that.

User is online   Mark 

• Honored Donor

^ ( air guitar riff )

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Excellent!

EDuke32 wiki svn builds bugs
Join us in #eduke32 on irc.freenode.net!

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

William Sadler has been officially confirmed to be returning as the Grim Reaper.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

User is offline   Billy Baron 

Wow! That's awesome, If there was a movie that would be second to the Duke Nukem movie, that might be it. Don't know how well it'll translate now that Bill and Ted must be like 50 years old. I don't know how many other movies out there would also be 'gnarly'...Maybe 'Lords of Dogtown'? or 'Blue Crush'? Yea, so this one sounds totally gnarly too.

Right.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 May 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Bill and Ted Face the Music, with the director of Galaxy Quest set to direct and the original writers.

http://ew.com/movies...ed-3-announced/

Of course, the absence of George Carlin is a sore spot, but they had said before that if this got made they've written a very appropriate homage to him into the story. Hopefully it will be good.

Like most of these sequels, I'm sure it'll be a POS and not worth watching. Can't Hollywood come up with new material anymore?

User is online   Mark 

• Honored Donor

If you want to get picky, probably 98 percent of movies are not original. They all have a similarity to something before.

User is online   Trooper Dan 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMaster O, on 11 October 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Like most of these sequels, I'm sure it'll be a POS and not worth watching. Can't Hollywood come up with new material anymore?

A rebuttal:

1) Bill & Ted 2 was at least as good as (and imo better than) Bill & Ted 1. So far, the franchise has a good record with sequels :D

2) This isn't a big budget money grab. It's Bill & Ted 27 years later with the original actors and writers...pretty damned cool if you ask me.

3) Even though it's a sequel, the premise of Bill & Ted is still way more original than the usual superhero movies and other cliched Hollywood crap.

Actually, I think Journey wasn't as good as Adventure. But I love them both either way.

But yeah, this isn't some rehash cash-grab. This is the original creators and actors (yes, Keanu Reeves) spearheading this love project.

Roland SC-55 Music Packs

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options