Duke4.net Forums: Bill and Ted 3 has finally been greenlit - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bill and Ted 3 has finally been greenlit  "after a decade of working"

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Bill and Ted Face the Music, with the director of Galaxy Quest set to direct and the original writers.

http://ew.com/movies...ed-3-announced/

Just two months after reuniting for EW, Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter are taking their reunion to the righteous next level: Bill & Ted 3. Nearly 27 years since the release of the second film in the science fiction comedy franchise, plans were officially announced Tuesday for Bill & Ted Face the Music.

Of course, the absence of George Carlin is a sore spot, but they had said before that if this got made they've written a very appropriate homage to him into the story. Hopefully it will be good.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 08 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Wow! I'm actually excited about that.

User is offline   Mark 

^ ( air guitar riff )

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Excellent!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

• The Sarien Encounter

William Sadler has been officially confirmed to be returning as the Grim Reaper.

Wow! That's awesome, If there was a movie that would be second to the Duke Nukem movie, that might be it. Don't know how well it'll translate now that Bill and Ted must be like 50 years old. I don't know how many other movies out there would also be 'gnarly'...Maybe 'Lords of Dogtown'? or 'Blue Crush'? Yea, so this one sounds totally gnarly too.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 08 May 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

Bill and Ted Face the Music, with the director of Galaxy Quest set to direct and the original writers.

http://ew.com/movies...ed-3-announced/

Of course, the absence of George Carlin is a sore spot, but they had said before that if this got made they've written a very appropriate homage to him into the story. Hopefully it will be good.

Like most of these sequels, I'm sure it'll be a POS and not worth watching. Can't Hollywood come up with new material anymore?

User is offline   Mark 

If you want to get picky, probably 98 percent of movies are not original. They all have a similarity to something before.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMaster O, on 11 October 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Like most of these sequels, I'm sure it'll be a POS and not worth watching. Can't Hollywood come up with new material anymore?

A rebuttal:

1) Bill & Ted 2 was at least as good as (and imo better than) Bill & Ted 1. So far, the franchise has a good record with sequels :rolleyes:

2) This isn't a big budget money grab. It's Bill & Ted 27 years later with the original actors and writers...pretty damned cool if you ask me.

3) Even though it's a sequel, the premise of Bill & Ted is still way more original than the usual superhero movies and other cliched Hollywood crap.

• The Sarien Encounter

Actually, I think Journey wasn't as good as Adventure. But I love them both either way.

But yeah, this isn't some rehash cash-grab. This is the original creators and actors (yes, Keanu Reeves) spearheading this love project.

• The Sarien Encounter

Alex Winter gave an interview about his documentary Panama Papers, but also answered some questions about Face The Music.

https://www.hollywoo...ftk-L9k9SxpdIQU

I can’t not ask about Bill & Ted. Is Face the Music actually, definitely happening?

Well, we’re in pre-prep and are set to shoot in early 2019. So right now, all systems are go. My old line when Blockbuster was in business was that I’d never believe a film was a go until the video was at Blockbuster. But I don’t know what to say anymore ... Netflix?

Given how long it’s been talked about, did you think the film would ever happen?

The idea was hatched by the four of us about 10 years ago – Keanu and myself and Chris Matheson and Ed Solomon. It didn’t happen without a lot of work. Most films aren’t easy, but a comedy sequel 25 years later wasn’t a slam dunk for most studios. While they loved the script it took us time to convince the financiers. And when they came on board they really came on board. And you know, they’ve had plenty of time to make the script great. The upside of it taking so long is the script is really good!

Does it feel strange to be skipping from the world of The Panama Papers and serious documentary making, to Bill S. Preston Esq?

The funny thing is, I was a very serious film student at NYU before I’d acted. I’d always wanted to write and direct so I went away and studied and then came out to LA and acting was my day job. I was just very lucky to land some really big projects. I don’t have any trouble turning off that side of my brain when I go to act. And there’s something about playing Bill that is so playful, it’s almost kind of a balm to all of the seriousness of the work that I’ve been doing, and also the world we’re living in. The characters are like nine years old, mentally. So there’s an innocence to them that’s very genuine and I’m really looking to hiding form the world in that character for a few months.

What was the reaction when Face the Music was formally announced?

It was an interesting litmus test. But the fan response has been enormous. It helped us get the financing because there was an overwhelmingly positive response to the idea of us doing this. Even in the age of internet comment trolling, we haven’t really encountered any pervasive negativity. The concerns that I’ve encountered are totally valid – don’t screw up the tone of the first two, make it a real Bill & Ted movie. And the question of how you revisit these characters so much later, that I’m not concerned about, because we think the comedy works great. Not that I want the film to stall any longer, but in a way, given the plotline, the older we get the funnier it gets.

Do people still shout out Bill & Ted lines at you?

Daily. Honestly, my kids are so used to it they don’t think of it.

What do they think of the films?

My kids think I’m a titanic dork.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 01 November 2018 - 10:20 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

But Alex Winter is not a vampire like Keanu Reeves

• The Sarien Encounter

How positive are we of that? They are doing this together.

Alex Winter is a vampire in The Lost Boys, so that's something. Very cool to hear something positive on this movie happening again!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm more excited to see his documentary honestly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options