• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trequonia mod [RELEASED]  "Downloadable link."

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostZaxtor, on 26 August 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

You sneak without making noise (hitting floor from jumping or falling etc ) and waiting too long.
you goto the door to ur right.
dont get caught during process of heading inside, dont forget to hit swirch to open it

Weird, I pressed it a couple times, and I got caught doing so, but after pressing it while keeping my distance from the switch just now, I didn't get caught, and I was actually be able to get in the room.

Edit: Ha Ha! the way how those Lizards ran away from the portal, priceless.

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 26 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

If you go too close u will get caught, pressing switch is very close of the limit before getting seen,

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Stargate and guys fleeing was one of the hardest trick to make

User is offline   Polunka 

View PostZaxtor, on 26 August 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

if you destroy the computer tower you cripple the CPU liztroop permanently

That's what I was trying to do while playing through Control Base. Well, I think I got it right and the main CPU was actually that thing behind a red card door that said, "you can't shut me down right now". Eventually I ended up going to the secret level without using the syringe and the protective gloves after getting tired of searching.

Or do you destroy it in some other level?

This post has been edited by Polunka: 26 August 2017 - 07:26 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

check pm

User is offline   BestViking 

Is there a trick to the boss in control base where the orbs drop out of that box in the ceiling? I feel like I have destroyed at least ten of those orbs, but they just keep dropping. There are two boss health bars though so perhaps there is something else to destroy that I am missing?

View PostBestViking, on 27 August 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

Is there a trick to the boss in control base where the orbs drop out of that box in the ceiling? I feel like I have destroyed at least ten of those orbs, but they just keep dropping. There are two boss health bars though so perhaps there is something else to destroy that I am missing?

When you destroy an Orb the box in the ceiling lowers and it reveals its weak point ^_-

User is offline   Zaxtor 

the block-shaped thing reveals its weakness (eye) eachtimes u wreck an orb.

Currently at level 11 (I stopped playing after wandering around the starting area for some minutes). Level 10 so far has been the longest one in the game (finishing it with every secret found took me over 2 hours!). And I also have managed to get every weapon enhancer.

The chaingun enhancer puzzle was an interesting one.
Spoiler

I also liked it how you used previously inaccessible areas from level 9 as part of level 10. Interconnected layouts rule! :)

This post has been edited by Polunka: 27 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Level 10 is a pretty big one. So as lv 11 etc

jumping while ducking reduces shocks so it wont blow u to pieces :)

Just finished Level 7 last night like the cool Gimmick with being chased by the blue Lizard Troopers in the maze. Thought that was tense. I'm currently on Level 8 right now, defeated the first boss of the level (Was pretty cool actually). But I'm stuck once again, this time possibly from a bug, two of them actually.

The first bug...
Spoiler

The second bug involves with these two doors. Once they open, and close, they can't open anymore. I've kept pressing the use key on them, and it just wouldn't budge.
Attached Image: duke0026.png Attached Image: duke0029.png

Also I like cameo appearance of Zaxtor from Oblivion. :)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

R u sure is a bug cus worked for me and another player reached lv11
yellow door if is the one to the mines room has a short open time.
you open it from upstairs then fall in the hole (over it) , make sure u point right way and enter it.

blue door bug?
works fine for me

I think so, but when I loaded up a different save, everything worked just fine, But I think what might've happen was that I had hit the switch multiple times, I'm not sure if that what caused the glitch though. (And no that yellow door wasn't leading to the mines, I'm past that point, it was leading into a passage with an octabrain and another door at the end, leading back to the main path).

This post has been edited by Jolteon: 27 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

View PostZaxtor, on 27 August 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

another player reached lv11

Regarding the red door: actually, that's the thing I wanted to test and then post about. I mentioned it in my post about level 8 (I was talking about something "what may be considered bugs" and that I'd need to run some tests on it before reporting).

Well, now I guess the problem's been solved. And yeah, I'd also hit that switch multiple times before heading to the door (just like Jolteon).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 28 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

I'm currently at the Power Glove boss and it's really freaking hard compared to what I saw before and even in Oblivion O_o

And as unluck would have it I happened to miss the boss slayer item >_>
Is there a special way to fight it ? or to avoid getting stunned ? Because sometimes (especially in the second half of the fight) I get stunned even when I've jumped and am on the opposite side of the room ! (at least its attacks don't have the time to get to me). And that attack-to-HP conversion technique is evil :)

Emptying devastator, almost RPG, and a few hits of the UEPB and it was still alive, with like 3 or 4 bars left T_T

User is offline   Zaxtor 

when the powerglove heads to punch the wall you jump the sec before it punches, and when it hit the wall while youre in the air (jumping) the shock cannot stun you.

those seeking orbs it drops when stunned can be destroyed.

View PostZaxtor, on 28 August 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

when the powerglove heads to punch the wall you jump the sec before it punches, and when it hit the wall while youre in the air (jumping) the shock cannot stun you.

those seeking orbs it drops when stunned can be destroyed.

It's weird because sometimes I'm stunned even when I jumped O_o

Also it looks like it can be hurt only when attacking from below and behind >_>

User is offline   BestViking 

Disabled the security orbs with the computer. Can't seem to find a way to turn off those red lasers that send them into a frenzy though. I have no idea what I've missed. The map is massive and really requires the player to have a good memory, which is why most of it is probably best to play in one go.

The orb boss was pure tedium. Way too much health for the individual orbs, and the way they move so fast around makes it difficult to hit. So the difficulty itself is not so high, since it was easy to dodge. It just took a whole lot of time, even after first figuring out that you have to shoot that blue thing on the box that lowers for a short duration between each orb. I regret emtpying my devastator into the orbs prior to knowing about that blue spot, which is the real actual boss health. Same with the RPG. So I had to use the shotgun, since I could refill that.

The idea itself is genius though, and really creative. It just needs some tweaking for the amount of health on each orb as well as their AI. If that was done, it'd be perfect.

That seems to be a lot of the case for many situations in the mod. Very, very good ideas with creative coding which probably took a lot of time. It's always much easier for the creator than for naive players. This makes for a certain bias during development that is very difficult to deal with for any developer. I think that is one of the few weak areas for the mod, besides some poor choices of enemies like giving them enormous amounts of health and placing battlelords in small, cramped areas.

I still haven't found the computer to disable those glowing liztroops, and that mickey mouse was seriously overpowered :)

I'm giving feedback throughout my playthrough if you don't mind.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

computer is inside that white tower with lots of windows.
you enter lowerpart from a building to fetch redkey to open security door to the top and with virus (if u got it) you head to cpu cube and inject it.

u can give feedback.

ps I could nerf the orb hp a bit.
when boss is out when orb dies. it dies soo fast before reentering with devastator etc.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 28 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

So I've finished this mod for once. The final battle was EPIC! Though I'd suggest nerfing the second form of Akrozar a bit in health points. I mean come on! I spent so much ammo on it in spite of having every addon turned on. But I guess the tremendous variety of his attacks could probably be an excuse for the HP amount.

I'd like to do a recap of what I have yet to find in the game (in case anyone is interested, or just to boast a little bit :)): 2 secrets at Secret Arctic Forest, 3 secrets at Control Base (plus attempt to disable the computer tower), 1 secret at Akrozis-C500's Core Area (which I think shouldn't be of any importance but anyway), the third secret level (I think I know where exactly I can enter it but yet have to figure out how to make the sequence happen) and every of its secrets if there're any, the red gem for microwave gun and the invulnerability orb.

The boss cast screen is a neat idea (a-la Doom 2).

So now I'm starting to replay the mod in an attempt to find everything on the list above.

If you like to hear some subjective feedback, I'm only gonna tell you I liked everything. I played at Come Get Some. I guess some bosses didn't frustrate me because I had weapon enhancers or boss slayers which significantly helped me in battling them. Well, probably the only thing that pissed me off to no end were the computer liztroops at Control Base (but this time I'll attempt to reduce this problem to nothingness). Ok, actually I'd still like you to reduce the HP amount of Akrozar's second form.

Btw, another thing: as later levels were kicking in, I couldn't help but notice that more and more secrets required the bridgemaker addon. I guess that could be unfair to players who haven't found the addon. Plus most of those secrets were fairly easy to find, at least for me.

This post has been edited by Polunka: 28 August 2017 - 11:59 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

I can't play it. The eduke32 says that "too many labels defined". :)

View PostSanek, on 29 August 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

That's strange. Ain't like anyone had complained about this out here before your post.

Have you maybe dropped your duke3d.grp into the directory? The mod is standalone and doesn't need a duke3d.grp copy to run. If that's not the thing I guess the only people who can help you are either Zaxtor himself or one of the source port's programmers (Hendricks or TerminX, I think).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 29 August 2017 - 07:44 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

You didn't follow the directions not to update the eduke32 version.

I've reached "Incarcerated" and there are 2 things I will report and there's one question I want to ask if I may ^^

1_ Near the beginning of the level ... Anti gravity burgers FTW !!

Attached Image: duke0000.png

2_ I've had a weird glitch in the 2 previous levels (Section 1 and 2) with Enforcers no matter what their type was ... Basically I couldn't hit them directly until they had got the chance to shoot at me at least once O_o No matter I was using hitscans or projectiles everything went through them like a ghost and only close explosions could harm them ... And as soon as they had tried to shoot me everything went back to normal, I could harm them normally.
Fortunately the glitch didn't last the whole of Section 2 but from the beginning to the Powerglove boss the glitch was there >_>

Question : It may sound a bit silly but ... Is it normal that when we are underwater we can kill Octabrains in one melee attack ? In the current level, every Octabrain I faced died and even gibbed when I hit them with the claw o_O

Also one thing that is starting to get on my nerves (though it's probably my PC's fault) is the fact that Texture cache glitches out quite regularly in Section 1, 2 and Incarcerated. When I reload at some point it starts "loading" more and more textures, last time it almost crossed the 50 000 bar *faint faint*

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 29 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 29 August 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

I've had a weird glitch in the 2 previous levels (Section 1 and 2) with Enforcers no matter what their type was ... Basically I couldn't hit them directly until they had got the chance to shoot at me at least once O_o

That thing seems to happen from time to time to some other enemies too. And I don't think it's related to the mod's custom code lines. Might be an engine-inherent glitch (same happens in vanilla Duke 3D as well, at least to me).

Also one thing that is starting to get on my nerves (though it's probably my PC's fault) is the fact that Texture cache glitches out quite regularly in Section 1, 2 and Incarcerated. When I reload at some point it starts "loading" more and more textures, last time it almost crossed the 50 000 bar *faint faint*

Same here. It starts to take effect at later levels since they get bigger and bigger and thus have lots of textures to load. I had to constantly delete the texture cache file and then wait for the game to recognise textures again (took more time than when pre-loaded).

This post has been edited by Polunka: 29 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostPolunka, on 29 August 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

That thing seems to happen from time to time to some other enemies too. And I don't think it's related to the mod's custom code lines. Might be an engine-inherent glitch (same happens in vanilla Duke 3D as well, at least to me).

Same here. It starts to take effect at later levels since they get bigger and bigger and thus have lots of textures to load. I had to constantly delete the texture cache file and then wait for the game to recognise textures again (took more time than when pre-loaded).

_Personally I have never witnessed that in vanilla Duke or in any other mod, this is the very first time I ever see that and it affected only Enforcers in my case O_o And I'm not talking about the "sleeping State" invulnerability glitch, here ther were "awake" and moving, it's just that they had to attack me before I could solidly harm them :)

_ Personally I never delete Cache files because, as you said, it takes more time to load and create a new one ... and it's already long enough when that happens >_>

Also I think I'm going to switch to the "low-res" model folder, because the Serpent Dragon boss made me drop to 13fps every time it showed up ... very hard to aim and dodge in these conditions :/

User is offline   Zaxtor 

you use the Eduke32 comes with it, not others or wont work (atm)

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Octas worst weakness is your claw, it is normal

PS
texture thing I got it too, lloaded 22,300s textures

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 29 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Dragon boss of Lv9 has some slowdown issues when explosions hit it when is almost dead

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 29 August 2017 - 12:13 PM

So I've got to level 7 (Storing Sectors) in my replay so far. Btw, I've managed to destroy the main CPU at Control Base! So much easier to proceed now. And though I'm not sure about that, but this action might have an influence on my ability to get to the 3rd secret level.

Now I'd like to report some things that can be regarded as bugs which I've (re)discovered during my replay session by now. The post will contain attached screenshots so that Zaxtor doesn't have any problem at seeking the culprits. So if you don't wanna spoil yourself some fun, don't open them (though they mostly contain Mapster information and no automap shots contrary to the way I'm used to report such things).

Every shot will contain a picture of a buggy (or questionable) place along with signs signifying the mapname (such as ExLx) of the level and the number of the sector/sprite in question.

Attachment #1: A sector that's been mistakenly given the secret lotag. Looks pretty much like you forgot to remove that lotag after copying part of the previous level where the sector is an actual secret.

Attachment #2: Here I have doubts about this sector's properties. The problem is that this energy field (or whatever it is) doesn't kill (or hurt) the player at all. While I think it should.

Attachment #3: Here we got a yeallow access switch that seemingly doesn't do anything. At the same time, it can stop you from proceeding further through the level (you can accidently use the yellow card on it and thus block yourself from getting to the boss battle. Though it also might be intentional (like a trap of sth).

Attachment #4: Here's a computer pad that can either crush you in level's geometry or warp you outside the cluster path in the computer puzzle area (the latter case can be cured with the DNCLIP cheat). At least that happened to me on my first playthrough, and now the game did it to me again. I'm not sure why no one has reported this yet. Probably that's ever happened only in my case. Anyway, looking into Mapster, there's something not right with teleporter and destination sector effectors, like they're kinda misplaced or sth. But the technical part is left to you.

Also I'd like to report a boss slayer problem. Seems that Morphling's and Powerglove's slayers don't tell the player what weapons they apply to. At least they didn't in my case.

That's everything I've found to this moment. Will play further soon. If I find anything else, wait for another report.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0007.png
  • Attached Image: duke0008.png
  • Attached Image: duke0010.png
  • Attached Image: duke0012.png

This post has been edited by Polunka: 29 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options