• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   VGA 

Tekedon, on 19 December 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=569

this was the pack I happened to test.

I know this has nothing to do with the bug but in case you don't know, there is a 2017 release out:
http://www.blood.fre...ion=maps&id=590

User is offline   Tekedon 

VGA, on 19 December 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

I know this has nothing to do with the bug but in case you don't know, there is a 2017 release out:
http://www.blood.fre...ion=maps&id=590

Yeah I know, was just this one I happened to have and test. Haven't tested if it's the same thing with the 2017 release.

m210®, on 19 December 2018 - 12:28 PM, said:

This zip file doesn't show in menu as addon or mappack, as it should.
So, still no problem here o_O

I had extracted the zip so I only had folders with zip files for the individual maps when I tried.

Hi, I was making a map for Blood and kept banging my head because a rotating sector (for a swinging door) always started open upon level start.
This whilst the state of the sector was set to Off.

Eventually I went back to dosbox and turns out that in dosbox the swining door does start closed and in bloodgdx it starts open.

I'm thinking this is a bug, but correct me if I'm wrong.

User is offline   m210® 

MariusArmand, on 29 December 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Hi, I was making a map for Blood and kept banging my head because a rotating sector (for a swinging door) always started open upon level start.
This whilst the state of the sector was set to Off.

Eventually I went back to dosbox and turns out that in dosbox the swining door does start closed and in bloodgdx it starts open.

I'm thinking this is a bug, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you send me this map?

m210®, on 29 December 2018 - 12:45 PM, said:

Can you send me this map?

sure, where do you want me to send it to?

User is offline   VGA 

You can upload to zippyshare or 4shared or something like that

User is offline   m210® 

VGA, on 29 December 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

You can upload to zippyshare or 4shared or something like that

yes, or you can send me it to email. My email you can see in readme file in bloodgdx.zip

m210®, on 29 December 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

yes, or you can send me it to email. My email you can see in readme file in bloodgdx.zip

alright, I mailed it :)

User is offline   m210® 

MariusArmand, on 30 December 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

alright, I mailed it :)

Yep, I got it..thanks :(

Ceekur experienced a strange bug in his latest video where turning off autoaim did not work, the game was still autoaiming for him. I tried it out though and it worked for me.

Here is the video. It's around 19:05 where he turns it off, then you can see it in places throughout the rest of the video.

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 01 January 2019 - 05:12 AM

User is offline   bmarton 

Hi all,
I'm new to BloodGDX, and first of all, thanks for all the great work it's fantastic!
We tried the multiplayer with some friends, and I've few questions about it.
1. Open port problem? I've opened the default port (23513) on my router to be able to host a game, but without success. When I create a game it only shows me my local IP address, and also an online port checker showed me the port was closed. (Of course the firewall on my PC was disabled.) Strangely when one of my friends hosted a game -who didn't open any port on his router-, it showed him also his global IP address, and we were able to join the game.
2. Strange lagging? One time when we encountered heavy lagging when playing bloodblath multiplayer, and the lagging was seemed to be map dependent. To be exact there was no lagg on Ep1.Map1, and the few other maps we've tried (some bloodblath maps like Click, and Bodies) were all lagging. It was a 3 player game. Maybe it was depending on the size of the map? I have no clue.

The 1st problem is really important here, the other one is just a "interesting issue". Does anyone have a suggestion for 1) ?

Thanks!

bmarton, on 04 January 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

Hi all,
I'm new to BloodGDX, and first of all, thanks for all the great work it's fantastic!
We tried the multiplayer with some friends, and I've few questions about it.
1. Open port problem? I've opened the default port (23513) on my router to be able to host a game, but without success. When I create a game it only shows me my local IP address, and also an online port checker showed me the port was closed. (Of course the firewall on my PC was disabled.) Strangely when one of my friends hosted a game -who didn't open any port on his router-, it showed him also his global IP address, and we were able to join the game.
2. Strange lagging? One time when we encountered heavy lagging when playing bloodblath multiplayer, and the lagging was seemed to be map dependent. To be exact there was no lagg on Ep1.Map1, and the few other maps we've tried (some bloodblath maps like Click, and Bodies) were all lagging. It was a 3 player game. Maybe it was depending on the size of the map? I have no clue.

The 1st problem is really important here, the other one is just a "interesting issue". Does anyone have a suggestion for 1) ?

Thanks!

On the second one, when me and my son do coop we also have some lag which we don't have with other games. (LAN, no WIFI)

User is offline   m210® 

1. I'm can't be host too, just because I have dynamic IP and I cant open port too...maybe it's not free in my case. So, maybe your issue is same.

bmarton, on 04 January 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

2. Maybe it was depending on the size of the map?

Exactly not. I just can say, that it's need to write a new net code...This code working as it working :)

This post has been edited by m210®: 05 January 2019 - 01:30 AM

Did you recently upgraded to newer Opengl or something? Because now ROR effects or some actions even in demos on startup (opening graveyard entrance) cause massive lag and framerate drops to 5-8fps slideshow. Version 749 didn't have this. On the other side now fps limit like 30-35 is not choppy and smooth. I have ASUS K50IJ shitty low end laptop but previous versions until recently has no issues like these with stable framerate.

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 10 January 2019 - 05:20 AM

User is offline   m210® 

HenitoKisou, on 10 January 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

Did you recently upgraded to newer Opengl or something? Because now ROR effects or some actions even in demos on startup (opening graveyard entrance) cause massive lag and framerate drops to 5-8fps slideshow. Version 749 didn't have this. On the other side now fps limit like 30-35 is not choppy and smooth. I have ASUS K50IJ shitty low end laptop but previous versions until recently has no issues like these with stable framerate.

OpenGL driver is same, but since 749 I changed a lot of things, so I can't answer exactly. But ROR sectors rendering I'm changed, it's more stable now.

Im working on restructure of the game, and made I beta version for tests. Can you try it?

http://m210.duke4.ne...dGDX_2019b3.jar

In ROR drawing it's get me +30fps on my slowest PC - CeleronJ1900, with restuctured texturecache

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Nope, still nothing, I even removed old skyboxes and skyboxes.def bloodgdx.def along with folder skyboxes folder for DW compatibility, disabled voxels and true color because I initially though open areas lag is due to something with these.
log doesn't show any errors as explanation either...

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 10 January 2019 - 09:21 AM

User is offline   m210® 

HenitoKisou , I just understood, that v0.749 never been released...the first release is 0.750....so maybe are you mean 0.794?

You can try one thing:
1) Open bloodgdx.jar as zip-archive? find and delete nOpenAl32.dll and nOpenAL64.dll (I tested with WinRAR, it can delete files in jar)
After launch bloodgxd will use old openal driver (1.15.1), but it's faster..

2) If you are using ogg music, then choose "None" midisync in bloodgdx launcher...if you are not using ogg, you just can try to choose "None" and compare perfarmance.
I don't know, why not initialized midi driver affecting on game performance, but it is. I need to learn this issue in future

There is no nOpenAl64.dll only nOpenAl.dll and nOpenAl32.dll but I deleted both of them. Disabled midi and sound on startup - no difference so I don't think my issues are OpenAl or midi related. Also that last working version I have on HDD was 0.794 I just mistook order of numbers.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 16 January 2019 - 04:50 AM

User is offline   Skumball 

On starting a new Cryptic Passage playthrough the following error box appears: "Error opening map file [blood path]cp01.map" and the game returns to the main menu. All other episodes work fine. I'm using the GOG version of Blood and the 0.797 version of BloodGDX. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't the launcher point to a Blood pack file and not the individual map name, or is that just how an error appears when the map cannot be found inside the pack? Does anyone else get this? Thanks.

Hello.

I just got the most recent bloodgdx launcher and pointed it to my GoG install folder. When I try to play the game the screen is pulling to the left like I'm gently moving the mouse to the left. I don't have a gamepad connected but I am playing on a laptop with a trackpad. I've tried disabling the mouse devices and the only thing that helps is if in the settings I turn down the sensitivity on the x axis which obviously makes the game unplayable. Unclear to me what to do here. I played the game fine a few months ago on a different laptop.

Hope someone can help. Sorry if this is on the wrong place. Thanks

User is offline   m210® 

ThomasTheWankEngine, on 16 January 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

I just got the most recent bloodgdx launcher and pointed it to my GoG install folder. When I try to play the game the screen is pulling to the left like I'm gently moving the mouse to the left.

Fullscreen or window mode?

Skumball, on 16 January 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

On starting a new Cryptic Passage playthrough the following error box appears: "Error opening map file [blood path]cp01.map" and the game returns to the main menu. All other episodes work fine. I'm using the GOG version of Blood and the 0.797 version of BloodGDX. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't the launcher point to a Blood pack file and not the individual map name, or is that just how an error appears when the map cannot be found inside the pack? Does anyone else get this? Thanks.

Are you sure that you have cp01.map in game folder or in folder with cryptic.ini?

This post has been edited by m210®: 18 January 2019 - 04:17 AM

m210®, on 18 January 2019 - 04:15 AM, said:

Are you sure that you have cp01.map in game folder or in folder with cryptic.ini?

The Blood game folder doesn't contain any official loose .map files, only packaged GOG game files AFAIK. The biggest files in the directory are game.gog at 297mb, SOUNDS.RFF at 28mb and there is also some Cryptic Passage related files called CPART07.AR_, CPART15.AR_, CRYPTIC.EXE, CRYPTIC.INI, CRYPTIC.SMK and CRYPTIC.WAV. Does GOG do some scripting to get CP to run?

This post has been edited by Skumball: 18 January 2019 - 09:14 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

GOG and Steam version both have cryptic maps unpacked in the game directory.

fgsfds, on 18 January 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

GOG and Steam version both have cryptic maps unpacked in the game directory.

Ok I was being an idiot. I must have deleted them for some reason some time ago so I reinstalled the game and they came back. Thanks!

Fullscreen or window mode?

Actually I kind of fixed it because it was in fullscreen but it wasn't filling up my screen and after I switched to windowed the problem has disappeared. I don't really like not being fullscreen but it's kind of okay.

User is offline   Newken 

Newken, on 16 December 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

Crosshair placement is being changed during saving or loading the game.
https://gfycat.com/WindingBaggyCowbird

User is offline   malvado 

Hi, M210 can you please allow the newer BloodGDX versions to let us choose between the older GDX sounds (the ones that were a bit muffled) and the newer ones? The new versions after 0.794 freeze for me, and the freezing stopped when we tried that experiment with the older sound design. I'd really appreciate it if you gave this option, otherwise I'll have to stick with 0.794. Thanks m8 hope you can help.

User is offline   Nachuro 

malvado, on 24 January 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Hi, M210 can you please allow the newer BloodGDX versions to let us choose between the older GDX sounds (the ones that were a bit muffled) and the newer ones? The new versions after 0.794 freeze for me, and the freezing stopped when we tried that experiment with the older sound design. I'd really appreciate it if you gave this option, otherwise I'll have to stick with 0.794. Thanks m8 hope you can help.

The latest version includes the older 1.15.1 Open AL drivers, and selects them by default. See if they help.

User is offline   m210® 

malvado, on 24 January 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

As Nachuro said, you can switch between drivers in 0.799 version.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options