Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   m210® 

View PostMr. Death, on 12 July 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

Also another small bug I've noticed is that sometimes when I change a setting in the launch menu, the game will start with all sounds disabled, and it will not allow me to re-enable the sound again until I quit and restart the game.

Thanks again & keep up the great work :P

What settings are you changed?

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View PostM210, on 12 July 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

What settings are you changed?

It's usually when I change the video mode or change fullscreen/windowed. Like I said it only happens every so often and I'm not exactly sure what causes it. The first time it happened I just thought it was a small hiccup, but I've noticed that the sound has been disabled multiple times now, not allowing me to re-enable it until I re-launch the game. I'll let you know if I can figure out exactly what causes the problem :P

Another bug I noticed is that when looking all the way down the very bottom of the screen becomes distorted:
Attached File  Blood 3.jpg (40.94K)
Number of downloads: 65

This post has been edited by Mr. Death: 13 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostCeekur, on 12 July 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Thanks for replying ;) Yeah it's understandable working on other bug fixes before adding new visual aspects not in the original game.
If you're wondering, I used Nvidia Control Panel and set a x8 Anti-Alias Override on javaw.exe (can't select any one Java program, you have to apply it to all Java applets) to see if it would affect BloodGDX. It works and applies anti-aliasing to Blood properly. So if anyone wants to have AA right now, this method works so long as you have an Nvidia GPU card. :P

Also anisotropic filtering x16 is nice =)

User is offline   Devon 

E1M4 the lost monastery in cryptic passage i encountered a bone Eel that followed me out of the water once on ground it is going in a small circle over and over again.

User is online   Tekedon 

Depth cueing (darkness in the distance) doesn't work properly. For example, just uploaded a new map here "http://blood.freeminded.de/index.php?section=maps&id=581" In dosbox the depth cueing is much moire apparent than in GDX.

User is offline   m210® 

Before people complained that Bloodgdx is very dark, now they complain that it's too bright ... I think glfog can not provide the necessary shadows offset.

User is offline   Ceekur 

It looks alright to me when I keep the Gamma at minimum. At least on the standard levels it looks like the right brightness.

User is online   Tekedon 

I'm just nitpicking. it's fine as it is Alexander, was just pointing out. Still looks awesome though and if there is a problem getting the same depth cueing let it be. Put your time in more important bugs/fixes. :P

Is mapedit compability something that will be added in the future?

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 13 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

User is online   Tekedon 

Found another bug I think. Beast enemy seems way to weak compared to the original, only takes a few rounds from the shotgun with special fire.

User is offline   m210® 

Is mapedit compability something that will be added in the future?

I'm not planning to make mapedit

View PostM210, on 14 July 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

I'm not planning to make mapedit

You should take the time and get a version of mapedit on its feet. That way people can make new content, rather then playing the same old stuff over and over again.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 14 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   m210® 

So, maybe I can do, after Blood, Duke3D, Redneck Rampage and Shadow Warrior port made :P

User is offline   Devon 

Here is a savefile for where the bone Eel is on land going in circles in cryptic passage.

https://ufile.io/8e43m

User is offline   axl 

Small bug report for version 0.770:

1. Powerups go over to the next level. For example: when "reflective shots" is active when I finish the level, the next level, the powerup is still active;
2. The Tesla akimbo bug: when equipped, previous and next weapon buttons do not work (already mentioned);
3. Update: found another bug related to weapon switching: In original Blood you can't equip regular dynamite nor the aerosol can under water. When pushing next / previous weapons buttons, these will be skipped. In the current version of BloodGDX, the weapon cycling will be stopped completely when reaching the slots for regular dynamite / aerosol can under water. You will be unarmed until you manually equip another weapon by pressing the number buttons (1, 2 , 3, ...).

This post has been edited by axl: 16 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

User is offline   TheCultist 

v0.770 still has some issues with gargoyles, they still get stuck sometimes (check my attached Death Wish E2M7 savefile) (so can zombies btw, sometimes they just stand without moving) (and cultists throw dynamite at each other) although after we move around it will eventually move.
Furthermore, zombie AI is a bit.. less-than-stellar: https://youtu.be/uW0GGhKVYqk
DW E3M1 is laggy, fps drops even to 30-45 when reaching the city
Shadows are wrong sometimes, or is it the map designer's choice? It happened in DW E3M1: https://youtu.be/MGu4PmsKh00

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by TheCultist: 16 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostTheCultist, on 16 July 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

v0.770 still has some issues with gargoyles, they still get stuck sometimes (check my attached Death Wish E2M7 savefile) (so can zombies btw, sometimes they just stand without moving) (and cultists throw dynamite at each other) although after we move around it will eventually move.
Furthermore, zombie AI is a bit.. less-than-stellar: https://youtu.be/uW0GGhKVYqk

Zombie's behave that way in the original, should not be changed since then you are messing with the main AI, if we change stuff present in the original it won't feel like Blood anymore in the end.

User is offline   axl 

Found a bug in E3M8 "The Catacombs". I have the skull key, but for some reason I can't open the skull key door. I have included a screenshot and the savegame. I never had this issue in dosbox.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   m210® 

View Postaxl, on 17 July 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

I never had this issue in dosbox.

It's a map issue, original also have it...this door can open only once

User is offline   axl 

View PostM210, on 17 July 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

It's a map issue, original also have it...this door can open only once

Okay, tested it. You're right ! I have been playing blood for almost 20 years and never stumbled upon this. Remarkable ;) :P

My mistake !

This post has been edited by axl: 17 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

I hope this helps. Got the following error: gView.pSprite == null
ThrowError: gView.pSprite == null. Don't forget to say, what are you doing, and why its happen! I really want to fix this crash
I have custom controls: alt fire is KEYPAD0

This post has been edited by Wookiestick: 18 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

User is offline   m210® 

Yep, thanks for this, Other guy already show me same bug, I fixed it :P Its just a part of multiplayer. I forgot to delete debug key for insertplayer

This post has been edited by M210: 18 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

User is offline   Jim 

I've donated the BloodGDX, hopefully this will cause the remaining alt fires of the weapons be added quicker lol :P

User is offline   m210® 

View PostJim, on 18 July 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

I've donated the BloodGDX, hopefully this will cause the remaining alt fires of the weapons be added quicker lol :P

Thanks ;) So, I'm planning start to decompile alt-fire soon, but I want to rewrite voxel reader at first :D For make it working with VBO.

User is offline   Jim 

View PostM210, on 03 July 2017 - 02:16 AM, said:

Its not a bug, its a different :thumbsup: Anyway I already added this text to statscreen

I never got a straight answer for this: but can Bloodgdx support alone in the dark ?

User is offline   m210® 

Whats wrong with it?

User is offline   Jim 

View PostM210, on 19 July 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Whats wrong with it?

I don't know how to use it with Bloodgdx, there is a custom exe file. If Bloodgdx can run alone in the dark, what is the proper way to do it?

User is offline   m210® 

You need to Install the mod in new folder in dosbox and be sure that it works in original. After that choose this folder as source in bloodgdx.
Maybe you will need to rename faitd.rff to blood.rff

User is offline   MissingNO 

Hi, i found small graphics bug in new release. You can see sprites from upper sector behind wall thru ROR on lower sector.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MissingNO: 20 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

User is offline   Devon 

View PostMissingNO, on 20 July 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

Hi, i found small graphics bug in new release. You can see sprites from upper sector behind wall thru ROR on lower sector.

Posted Image

This is present for me aswell.

On a sidenote.. cause i didnt know where to put it,

Can i restart a level upon death?
If not it would be nice if this was added.

User is offline   Jim 

Is there a problem with the choking hands in Bloodgdx? I can't seem to shake them off, its like the space bar has no effect

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options