Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC episode 3 development stuff - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC episode 3 development stuff  "check for vids and pics"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The AMC TC has just crossed over 3000 revisions.

Here's a sneak peak of Episode 3:

Posted Image

View PostMicky C, on 26 September 2016 - 03:37 AM, said:

The AMC TC has just crossed over 3000 revisions.

Here's a sneak peak of Episode 3:

Posted Image

It looks a bit like the part right before the end of a level of WGR, right before "CyberDemon City".

3000 revisions !? Now I understand why the game's so good, feels like today's games have less than that >_>

• Honored Donor

That's not just Episode 3, a lot of that would have been for episode 2.

Don't get too excited, the rest of the level doesn't look as good ;)

View PostMicky C, on 26 September 2016 - 04:37 AM, said:

Don't get too excited, the rest of the level doesn't look as good ;)

So this means that what we see in the picture is a wizardry of yours ^_-

User is offline   Loke 

James posted this on the ModDB page.

Posted Image

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Hey nice to see that map finally used somewhere Micky C!

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 16 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Looks nice and massive!
This sort of texture set is very underutilized and I only really saw the potential once messing around with ps/ex.
Egyptian/ruins are excellent for 90s FPS style traps and layouts.

• Honored Donor

View PostMike Norvak, on 16 July 2017 - 04:08 AM, said:

Hey nice to see that map finally used somewhere Micky C!

Thanks. That part of the map is exactly 2 weeks away from its 4th anniversary Posted Image

View Postoasiz, on 16 July 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Looks nice and massive!
This sort of texture set is very underutilized and I only really saw the potential once messing around with ps/ex.
Egyptian/ruins are excellent for 90s FPS style traps and layouts.

There's a wee bit more where that comes from Posted Image

Nice to finally see something new here ^^

Looks definitely nice, it kinda reminds me of the Outpost X mod (first level of the two) with the very open design. Sounds like after a bit of SW vibe in Ep2 we're going to have a bigger vibe of Exhumed in Ep3 (I prefer that over SW personally but anyway) ...

Also it looks like there will be even better skyboxes than in Ep2, especially when I see those clouds and huge statues in the background ! Also nice to see that HUDs will now show whenever Heat Sinks are usable (at least for Micky and I suppose Mikko will have an equivalent), speaking of which I can't wait to see the new HUDs !

Only "complain" (with huge quotation marks) is the fact that, IMO, Micky and Snowfall's digits in their HUDs kinda look the same in their placement and style, just the font being different, but apart from that I'm still getting hyped up by what I see :P

User is offline   Jblade 

in case anybody's wondering, yeah you can disable the helmet graphic if it's the kind of thing that annoys you - I don't mind it in limited amounts so Micky and Snowfall have it but if it's a deal breaker, the effect can be disabled.

View PostJblade, on 16 July 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

in case anybody's wondering, yeah you can disable the helmet graphic if it's the kind of thing that annoys you - I don't mind it in limited amounts so Micky and Snowfall have it but if it's a deal breaker, the effect can be disabled.

It is not the Helmet effect that "bothers", with huge quotation marks, me, I actually like the helmet effect since it matches Micky's 3rd person sprite without obstructing the field of vision, it's the digits for ammo, health and the rest of it that """bothers""" me. It's the digits that look too similar to each IMO, the helmets however are no problem in the slightest >_>

Also since you mention it it's nice that you give the possibility to disable the helmet's effect however in the case of Micky will this put the older HUD back into use or will it just be the digits with nothing around ?

User is offline   Jblade 

a Half-life style drivable train:

User is offline   Sanek 

Cool! Reminds me more of a SW vehicles, though. :)

Is this from Aqua map series?

Very nice :)
Also an iron sight for the FAL O_o ? I totally FALL for that (pun pun lol lol) ^^

I also saw your new video on the ModDB page. Sounds like there has been a lot of revisiting/tweaking/reworking B)

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostSanek, on 09 March 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

Is this from Aqua map series?

Yeah it's just literally for testing on since it was the first map I could think of that had a tram-style subway train in it.

BTW James I was meaning to ask, although it's not really the right place to do so ... Will the red fire-laser be effective against supernatural enemies or will it remain ineffective like in the current episode ?

User is offline   Jblade 

Ineffective; the way it goes is green is good against normal targets and supernatural enemies but bad against armour; red is good against armour (but does low damage otherwise) and blue is basically normal damage on all 3.

View PostJblade, on 10 March 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Ineffective; the way it goes is green is good against normal targets and supernatural enemies but bad against armour; red is good against armour (but does low damage otherwise) and blue is basically normal damage on all 3.

Hmm there may be a slight misunderstanding O_o

I was talking about the fire-laser, like from the Red Enforcer Gun, which is ineffective against both heavy armor and supernatural. And in the current state of things the red laser (like in Geoffrey's pistol) IS effective against supernatural targets and armor (but does less damage than green like you said ...

Does that mean there's a mistake somewhere ? Or maybe you already changed the red laser. I was asking for the red fire-laser because the other 3 were effective against supernatural enemies so, to me, it sounded weird that this one type of laser doesn't work >_>
I actually don't see why make the red laser not work against supernatural enemies since laser is an energy based projectile IMO. Kinda hence why I ask for the fire-laser ^^

User is offline   Jblade 

Oh that - it's on my list but got a lot of other shit to do first.

User is offline   Rhaisher 

A small teaser of the bit I´m working on for EP3.

It doesn´t matter what you´re doing right now, just remember that your favorite AMC agent could be enjoying a relaxing bath at a SPA after a hard day at work saving the world. :P

Posted Image

User is offline   Mark 

Are those fart bubbles? :P

View PostRhaisher, on 10 April 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

A small teaser of the bit I´m working on for EP3.

It doesn´t matter what you´re doing right now, just remember that your favorite AMC agent could be enjoying a relaxing bath at a SPA after a hard day at work saving the world. :P

Posted Image

Does the button on the left trigger the bubbling effect or is it for filling the tub ?

In any case a functioning spa that is triggerable woul be neat (also James' bathtub could use the ability to be filled and bubbling) ^^

User is offline   Rhaisher 

View PostMark., on 10 April 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

Are those fart bubbles? :P

Hahaha! :lol: Yeah... maybe too much relaxation. :D

TheDragonLiner, on Apr 11 2018, 14:23, said:

Does the button on the left trigger the bubbling effect or is it for filling the tub ?

In any case a functioning spa that is triggerable woul be neat (also James' bathtub could use the ability to be filled and bubbling) ^^

One of my objectives in that area is making it as much interactable as possible, so don't discard anything :)

Also, I´ve never liked buttons that doesn´t do anything or cracks that aren´t explodable. This is still WIP, I will polish it as much as possible.

James is doing an amazing work, and always replies with a smile to my ideas and meanderings. :lol:

• Honored Donor

The AMC TC's SVN has now passed 4000 revisions Posted Image

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMicky C, on 13 April 2018 - 02:27 AM, said:

The AMC TC's SVN has now passed 4000 revisions Posted Image

How much of those are James? :P

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostJblade, on 09 March 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

a Half-life style drivable train:

That´s awesome! Always wanted to see something like that in a Duke project!

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options