Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms Kickass Moments Contest! - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms Kickass Moments Contest!  "Enter to win a 3D Realms t-shirt and other prizes!"

User is offline   omglazerkittens 

• 3D Realms Marketing Director

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

I mean, we have a site that has a broken layout in a common browser

Which browser are you using? We've tested them all multiple times.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 10:21 AM, said:

It was only an observation, though I had reasons for being slightly suspicious.

It's pretty clear that the main quality 3DR was looking for was trailer-worthiness, and they picked four that achieved that.

View Postomglazerkittens, on 23 October 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

Which browser are you using? We've tested them all multiple times.

http://forums.duke4....post__p__209325

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

^Are you sure it isn't caused by an extension?

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

good job to everyone that enter, Ya did really good job

User is offline   Jacob Østergaard 

• Game Designer at Interceptor Entertainment

View PostHigh Treason, on 23 October 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

I just check with that exact version and it's absolutely flawless on my end.

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostHendricks266, on 23 October 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

It's pretty clear that the main quality 3DR was looking for was trailer-worthiness, and they picked four that achieved that.

So, a moment in ROTT, where you turn into an immortal God and kill the enemies with fireballs isn't trailer-worthiness?

I thought bonuses like that were an unique feature of ROTT, one of many things that made this game timeless. Any other shooter of the era had explosions and rocket launchers, but there's no other 90's FPS where you can turn into a God. And yes, I'm jelly.

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 23 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

User is offline   nl3paul3nl 

I am a little baffled by the fact that I got some awesome moments for Realms of Chaos (a game that was even asked for at one point when everybody seemed to just be doing Duke), and the trailer wounded up having one generic moment from the game (which is even similar to some of my content), which means I get nothing.

I am not butthurt about it, but when a community tries its best to show funny, original and kickass moments after an announcement that that's what the trailer will be made of, and 95% gets discarded and replaced with bland, generic gameplay, that's just silly. Be real please, gents. How much of that trailer was a wacky wheels character driving off-track? That could have been truly kickass moments. Not just from my video, but also from one of the others.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I submitted 4 videos (including one that had a second or two exactly like in trailer) but at the end of the day, I liked the video, and they can't fit everyone in. Most of the clips went for a maximum of 2 seconds so it's fairly obvious they wanted to show off the number and range of games rather than go into depth about the gameplay of those games themselves.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I think some of the user footage submitted could have easily been used in place of some of the clips added by yourself. But then we would have a lot of winners and this is suppose to be a special prize so congrats to the winners good job guys enjoy you lucky sons of bitches hehehe :). I also just have to say someone noticing there footage being used after the winners statement was released and was not included in the winners section so you have to add him afterwards is completely sloppy xD

Wait wait no DN64 anywhere... really I just want to know is it because it's also Eurocom or is it considered irrelevant :/

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 23 October 2014 - 06:30 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I have two questions. Are the winners still going to get a t-shirt? It wasn't mentioned in the message I received, but I'm probably just too impatient. Secondly, do the winners get the soundtrack? I'm not seeing it available anywhere for me to download, and I'm not seeing it in the Anthology package.

User is offline   Lunick 

I have the soundtrack on my download page. It sits at 811 MB though...

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

It just says the soundtrack is "In 3DR Anthology" when I put my cursor on it.

User is online   zykov eddy 

View Postnl3paul3nl, on 23 October 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

I am a little baffled by the fact that I got some awesome moments for Realms of Chaos (a game that was even asked for at one point when everybody seemed to just be doing Duke), and the trailer wounded up having one generic moment from the game (which is even similar to some of my content), which means I get nothing.

The video itself is pretty good, I have to say. It's a great advertisement for a great compilation.

But still, I wouldn't mind so much, but I feel really pissed off after two months of waiting. The contest description was a mess which confused most of the users. Plus, I've seen some great entries which didn't make it to the trailer for some reason, and instead for replaced with some similiar, but more generic moments.

Winning in this contest wasn't about the quality of the entries, it was just pure luck. Are the so-called "designers" even aware of the contest? Did they even care when browsing the entries? Or the T-shirts are so expensive that you couldn't afford more for the winners, so you had to cheat?

This is one of the most disappointing contests I've ever participated in, and even if I win, I'd still be confused. I don't care if there's gonna be more contests on the way, as long as it's 3D Realms related, I'm not gonna participate. Keep the T-Shirts to yourself, and I suggest to write a more detailed description next time. Call me jelly, ban me if you wish, it's not gonna change anything.

P.S - but still, I'd really love to know, why a regular gameplay from ROTT is more fitting for the trailed than a Hand of God bonus

This post has been edited by zykov eddy: 24 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

You do have a point, gotta love that Hand of God. It was also definitely luck considering I submitted some footage that was exactly the same as in the trailer, which does feel a bit crappy TBH.

There were also a lot of people submitting relatively long videos, i.e up to and around a minute, when all they needed was a second or two. IMO given the vast number of people who did this, this should have been emphasized more in the original competition guideline.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 24 October 2014 - 04:51 AM

I agree with Eddy and Paul on this, they both get the point entirely; it wasn't so much they didn't use contestant's footage, more the fact that they used someone that appears to have never played the games before to just warp to a random level and derp around, it almost seems disrespectful to the games and peoples memory of them. I also won't be taking part in any future competitions, this whole thing is a shambles, it's months late, poorly organized and even more poorly executed, I wouldn't put it past Interceptor to post the winners prizes to the wrong address of fail to affix the correct number of stamps.

Anybody else notice the jerky motion in the Keen 5 footage?

Highly amused by nl3paul3nl posting pretty much the exact same thing I did and getting multiple upvotes for it - one of them mine.

User is offline   Lunick 

swtrek12

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Guys, the videos that you did have their own merit regardless of the contest. In fact, I think those of you who did not upload them at YouTube for the contest should do so now, if you still have the original files.

One more thing, the videos would be inevitably cut down for the use in the trailers (personally I think the clips are sometimes way too short there), so I hope that the original full videos remain publicly available through YouTube.

Perhaps a special page on the new 3DR website could have links to all the contest submissions?

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

View PostHigh Treason, on 24 October 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

I agree with Eddy and Paul on this, they both get the point entirely; it wasn't so much they didn't use contestant's footage, more the fact that they used someone that appears to have never played the games before to just warp to a random level and derp around, it almost seems disrespectful to the games and peoples memory of them. I also won't be taking part in any future competitions, this whole thing is a shambles, it's months late, poorly organized and even more poorly executed, I wouldn't put it past Interceptor to post the winners prizes to the wrong address of fail to affix the correct number of stamps.

Anybody else notice the jerky motion in the Keen 5 footage?

Highly amused by nl3paul3nl posting pretty much the exact same thing I did and getting multiple upvotes for it - one of them mine.

I agree

View Postzykov eddy, on 24 October 2014 - 04:39 AM, said:

Winning in this contest wasn't about the quality of the entries

Well, I like my entry. My mom said it was cool!

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options