Duke4.net Forums: upvote & downvote - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

upvote & downvote

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Okay, i just wan't to say i wasn't only speaking for myself. I am more of a person to feel offended when my friends are bothered then myself and have quite a few friends who won't come here becusethey eiter heard how somebody got treated or personally got treated themselves. I do know some people are hard headed and possibly people who come here purposely to troll so in a way i understand peoples responses. I am not of them, i just wan't the best for Duke's franchise, community, and die hard's. Nobody can ask me "should i get Duke 3D or should i get Duke Forever ?" because i will say hell yeah these are the best games there are. I think i might be bias or something but nobody fucks with Duke even if it's DNF . Maybe some just need to know more about my personality. Here's what it is when it comes to Duke...nobody Fucks with the Duke point blank period. I'm not being mean right now please don't down vote.

Btw i joined Duke4.net on steam :D and made the groups first discussion :S

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

As die hard a fan as all of us are, Duke Nukem is just a game. We understand that and can feel personally offended that DNF was botched as much as it was. I admit I had some fun with it and partially enjoyed the experience, but it WAS sub-par. It is definitely NOT one of the best games out there. Not by a long shot. You can't be so blinded by fanboyism that you can't see that. That's not good for anybody. DNF isn't totally worthless, though for some here that is their honest opinion. And they have a right to that opinion because for them it IS true. It is not the responsibility of a Duke Nukem fan to love EVERY single Duke game there is. I think most of the console games are trash, for instance. I also never understood the love for Manhattan Project. I own it and have played it, but I couldn't bring myself to beat it because it was boring to me. That's my opinion. But there are real things wrong with DNF that need to be called out for. I understand your position of wanting Duke Nukem to be popular again, but praising a bad game as good does nothing for Duke. He needs to be praised and people need to be reminded for what WAS good about him. DNF wasn't his brightest shining moment. It just wasn't. If you enjoyed it, that's great. But there is room for criticism no matter how much you think there isn't. And it's only healthy to give it. Healthy for the fans, non-fans, and for Duke himself.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 11 January 2014 - 08:31 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 10 January 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Upvoted only because I fucking love Cyndi Lauper. Just saw her on the She's So Unusual 30th Anniversary Tour and she was absolutely fabulous.

User is offline   neoacix 

I'd like to request a feature in this forum for users that have been downvoted into -100 and lower:

All their posts should be auto-spoilered.
Less crap to read. :(

Well... Yatta may be complaining about this.... but ... anyways... Yatta, it's your own fault then. :D

This post has been edited by neoacix: 04 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm pretty sure there is an option somewhere that can filter out posts by rep.

User is offline   neoacix 

Maybe, but that's not what I thought.

Real bad rep means: "My posts probably aren't worth reading."
So maybe they are bad posts, maybe not.
Filtering them all out is like a personal ban and you could miss something, if the user is writing something good.

Spoilering all posts by a REAL bad rep like this...
Spoiler

... is like a penalty for this user , but you could still decised if want to see the post, without changing settings.

Anyways, it's just a thought.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postneoacix, on 04 February 2014 - 06:49 PM, said:

Real bad rep means: "My posts probably aren't worth reading."

then don't read their posts.
use your own eyeballs as a filter. the poster will have a negative rep, if the post is crap other members will have downvoted it, thus bracketing it in red.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

I actually thought this was I neat idea, if I had the option to make a members posts be hidden in a spoiler I would use it on Forges shity posts.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostThe Commander, on 05 February 2014 - 07:00 AM, said:

I actually thought this was I neat idea, if I had the option to make a members posts be hidden in a spoiler I would use it on Forges shity posts.

:(

i don't blame you. most women don't like being told the truth without sugar coating

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Yawn... Get some new material.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Very well.......
Spoiler

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options