Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior

User is offline   t800 

For me - Shadow Warrior is my the second most favourite Build engine based game after Duke Nukem 3D. Some things I just love about it: sword, dual uzis, driveable vehicles, interesting enemies, new and fresh setting and great atmosphery of some levels. And it has great but not well known mods (Park episode, Wanton destruction, Tonight never ends and others).

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNancsi, on Jul 29 2010, 02:05 AM, said:

Also, anyone agree that the second episode should have been split into 2 halves? The second half is more city/hi-tech oriented, and it's much closer to Duke3D than the first half, which has quite repetitive asian stuff.

The best levels are "Water Torture" and "Floating Fortress" IMHO.

After completing my first full playthrough of SW, I'd disagree about the second half being better. After Sumo Sky Palace, you have 3-4 city levels (almost as good as the first half of Code of Honor) (Bath House, Unfriendly Skies, Auto Maul, Crude Oil), and then you get some really shitty rural Asia and boat levels. Water Torture is pretty good though. I disliked Floating Fortress though.

User is offline   NNC 

Well, my favourite levels are:

All 4 from the demo episode
+
Harakiri Harbor
Sumo Sky Palace
Bath House
Unfriendly Skies
Floating Fortress
Water Torture

User is offline   Jinroh 

Posted Image

More people need to play Shadow Warrior. :);

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 20 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Moving water :)

User is offline   HellFire 

View PostNancsi, on Aug 7 2010, 04:41 PM, said:

I don't know why people rate Blood over SW? SW is clearly superior in every aspect. In fact, I think Blood is the bottom of the barrel, as Redneck Rampage beats it as well. For me, that game is just a bit darker and reworked version of Powerslave. The levels have no variety, the enemies are not fun, and I hate most of its weapons. Blood is overrated guys, sorry.

I totally agree with you. At first i only liked duke, when i first played SW i thought it suck, but then i just forced myself at play it till the end (it was a 3drealms game anyway) and i noticed how nice the games was. Not better than duke, but was very good. Not to talk about the multiplayer, 1 on 1 on the "heavy metal" map is my best 1 on 1 experience i ever had, even better than hollywood 1 on 1. I tried the same approach with blood and i couldnt even pass the 3rd or 4th map without being bored to death, blood looks so uninteresting for me. I did the same with redneck and i liked it, still have to play rides again tho.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostReaperMan, on Sep 21 2010, 11:49 AM, said:

Moving water :)

Check out the middle right. The Severed Head Bobbing in the water. ^^

View PostHellFire, on Sep 21 2010, 02:27 PM, said:

I totally agree with you. At first i only liked duke, when i first played SW i thought it suck, but then i just forced myself at play it till the end (it was a 3drealms game anyway) and i noticed how nice the games was. Not better than duke, but was very good. Not to talk about the multiplayer, 1 on 1 on the "heavy metal" map is my best 1 on 1 experience i ever had, even better than hollywood 1 on 1. I tried the same approach with blood and i couldnt even pass the 3rd or 4th map without being bored to death, blood looks so uninteresting for me. I did the same with redneck and i liked it, still have to play rides again tho.

My experience with Shadow Warrior was similar.

I love Duke to Death, but I also love Blood to death, I just suck at Bloodbath. :) Anyway, Duke and Blood were two games we got right when they came out. I got them through my cousins and through my b-day years when they came out. ;)

I would goto Best Buy with my dad and I saw Shadow Warrior I thought it looked pretty awesome, but I couldn't buy it with my parent's not flipping out. They were already mad that friend's parent's got me Duke and Blood. :) Whenever we went to Best Buy though I would check out the box.

Years went by and I downloaded the Shareware about 2008, tried to play through it. Didn't like it. Then really forced myself to get into it. I beat the shareware. I loved it after that. Then I bought the Jewel Cased CD version from the 3DR store. Recently beat it earlier this year. Great game man.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I tried doing that but I still didn't really like it, although that might just be because I was playing with polymost and the unfinished HRP. Perhaps I'll try it again in software mode as I'm guessing my nostalgia for the build engine will help out.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options