Duke4.net Forums: HYPERCORE: a code only mod - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HYPERCORE: a code only mod  "open alpha/beta feedback thread"

User is offline   Stabs 

for the bosses, they could have lesser health but you have to knock them down 3 times, and each time they are down you have to mighty kick them at least once in the 3 seconds you have before the boss revives, ammo could regenerate slowly within a bosses bubble after 3 knock downs to combat any ammo issues.

This post has been edited by DanM: 04 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDanM, on 04 March 2014 - 10:28 PM, said:

for the bosses, they could have lesser health but you have to knock them down 3 times, and each time they are down you have to mighty kick them at least once in the 3 seconds you have before the boss revives, ammo could regenerate slowly within a bosses bubble after 3 knock downs to combat any ammo issues.

I like the idea of bosses (and other strong enemies for that matter) getting knocked down and getting back up. Not sure about the mighty boot though since players wouldn't know that they had to do it and could get frustrated, plus some bosses might be in an area not reachable via melee.

View PostTrooper Dan, on 04 March 2014 - 08:42 PM, said:

I'm still working on other stuff, but I intend to develop this mod again. I have updated the first post with a new version that exposes a major feature: using the jetpack reverses gravity, effectively turning the world upside down.

Wow, that reverse-gravity thing is cool, gives unusual views of familiar places. I'd say that it has some great potential for various puzzles, albeit somewhat difficult to use outdoors. Maybe you could make some gradual switching of gravity through brief weightlessness?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostCraigFatman, on 05 March 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Wow, that reverse-gravity thing is cool, gives unusual views of familiar places. I'd say that it has some great potential for various puzzles, albeit somewhat difficult to use outdoors. Maybe you could make some gradual switching of gravity through brief weightlessness?

That's a good idea.

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 05 March 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

I like the idea of bosses (and other strong enemies for that matter) getting knocked down and getting back up. Not sure about the mighty boot though since players wouldn't know that they had to do it and could get frustrated, plus some bosses might be in an area not reachable via melee.

k so it flashes KO in big red letters in the middle of the screen while they are down, and quote can display at the top "KICK EM WHILE THEIR DOWN (MIGHTY KICK THEM) on the last KO it turns to FINISH HIM! and the last kick explodes em rains so much gore

but yes, user maps and unreachable bosses :blink:

but a KICK EM WHILE THEIR DOWN option for bigger monsters sounds cool

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options