Duke4.net Forums: DNF Countdown Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Countdown Thread  "TWO WEEEEKSSSS....................."

My best guess you will have to enter the FAC code to the installer, which will be registered at GBX's main server and let you install.

User is offline   Jeff 

I'm not entirely sure when June 3rd starts. Whether it's based off of Greenwich Mean Time (near England), or whether it's based off of the International Date Line (near Australia). Or maybe they'll go by Gearbox's time.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It'll very likely be by Gearbox time.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 June 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

It'll very likely be by Gearbox time.

Or even by Take Two's time, for that matter. They're in New York, so probably Eastern Savings Time.

User is offline   Jeff 

Hmm, to call in sick to work tomorrow, that is the question. :angry: :blink:

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostJeff, on 02 June 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Hmm, to call in sick to work tomorrow, that is the question. :angry: :blink:

Screw WORK...this is the DUKE we're talking about here.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Work is good, ALL HAIL WORK!

iN OTHER NEWS.....8 DAYS TO GO PEOPLE(4 DAYS FOR EUROPEANS/ETC)....why so little chatses? :(

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

My Amazon copy doesn't ship in until the 23rd. I've got to wait a lot longer.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 06 June 2011 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDN4EVR, on 06 June 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

Work is good, ALL HAIL WORK!

iN OTHER NEWS.....8 DAYS TO GO PEOPLE(4 DAYS FOR EUROPEANS/ETC)....why so little chatses? B)

its a weird feeling, I'm super SUPER excited but at the same time trying my best to NOT countdown the days, since I know that I'll be waiting another four days after everyone else gets it and I'm trying to mentally prepare for going off the grid, that is going to be hard :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postferran275, on 06 June 2011 - 06:46 AM, said:

its a weird feeling, I'm super SUPER excited but at the same time trying my best to NOT countdown the days, since I know that I'll be waiting another four days after everyone else gets it and I'm trying to mentally prepare for going off the grid, that is going to be hard :(
Off the grid? Isn't that a little much? Just avoid checking in here at most, and avoid youtube vids about the gameplay, and the gaming chatrooms, and the chans, and.....dammit that's alot of stuff to avoid. I better just nuke the modem....only way to be sure.

(Offtopic: IMO Yatta/etc should make spoilers a separate subforum so people don't click on any spoiler threads by accident or see spoilerish titles, or something.)

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 06 June 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

My Amazon copy doesn't ship in until the 23rd. I've got to wait a lot longer.

Jesus, that makes Royal Mail sound like the SAS of the delivery world. How'd did you arrive at that, mate?

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDN4EVR, on 06 June 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Off the grid? Isn't that a little much? Just avoid checking in here at most, and avoid youtube vids about the gameplay, and the gaming chatrooms, and the chans, and.....dammit that's alot of stuff to avoid. I better just nuke the modem....only way to be sure.

(Offtopic: IMO Yatta/etc should make spoilers a separate subforum so people don't click on any spoiler threads by accident or see spoilerish titles, or something.)

lol, I think I'll wander off into the woods and wander back out again at midnight on the 14th :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postferran275, on 06 June 2011 - 06:55 AM, said:

lol, I think I'll wander off into the woods and wander back out again at midnight on the 14th :(
I don't wanna be spoiled either but I'll still come on...I just hope the newcomers(oldtimers should know how to act imo) don't post spoilers in thread titles/etc like some trolls did to spoil other things at fansites during new releases.

User is offline   zwieback 

i won't. i actually think it's wrong to release it not at the same time - i would rather wait a few more days to play it together, at the same time with all you guys :(

i promise to go dark.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postzwieback, on 06 June 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

i won't. i actually think it's wrong to release it not at the same time - i would rather wait a few more days to play it together, at the same time with all you guys :(

i promise to go dark.
Naw, you and me can have a party while we wait the last 4 days in DN general...sound cool? You bring the soda and beer, k?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

3-7 more days.....dammit this is getting to be bloody well unbearable. :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

2 days left until the game starts hitting stores and shelves....and 6 days for us unlucky Americans.......still OMG.....it's almost HERE! :( :( B)

User is offline   zwieback 

it will unlock for me in 30 hours or so (swiss) .. it's so sad that we don't get an international release after all these years

2 more hours and it will be less than one fucking day.

This post has been edited by zwieback: 08 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

I'm getting more excited...and more sad we couldn't enjoy all this on the good old 3D Realms forum, as a pure 3D Realms game. :dukecry:

View PostSplat, on 08 June 2011 - 11:54 AM, said:

I'm getting more excited...and more sad we couldn't enjoy all this on the good old 3D Realms forum, as a pure 3D Realms game. :dukecry:

I think that, depending on whose side your on, it was a smarter idea to move it away from 3DR's board. I can see the old boards filling up with rants directed at George and Co, and, even though they weren't everyone's favourite people in 2009, they meant well (To some extent).

This post has been edited by Engel220: 08 June 2011 - 12:00 PM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

It's not about whose side your on, this is a 3D Realms game. I simply had the desire to experience D-Day on ye olde 3D Realms forums. Gearbox forums got no soul or history.

View PostSplat, on 08 June 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

It's not about whose side your on, this is a 3D Realms game, i simply had the desire to experience D-Day on ye olde 3D Realms forums. Gearbox forums got no soul or history.

I agree, it'd be nice to be able to give props to 3DR where they will see it, but at the same time the abuse directed at them would be, if we put some things aside, unfair.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 08 June 2011 - 12:19 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

1 day to go for eurofans and others while the US has still 5 days to go....soon....so very very SOON.

:dukecry: :D :D B) :D B) B) B) B) B)

User is offline   Jeff 

What was the reasoning behind having two release dates? Why can't they just release the game worldwide on the same day?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostJeff, on 08 June 2011 - 11:17 PM, said:

What was the reasoning behind having two release dates? Why can't they just release the game worldwide on the same day?
Probably allows them to sell more units to the country getting the game last.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostSplat, on 08 June 2011 - 12:14 PM, said:

It's not about whose side your on, this is a 3D Realms game. I simply had the desire to experience D-Day on ye olde 3D Realms forums. Gearbox forums got no soul or history.

To have experienced this on the 3D Realms forums would have been perfect the way (at least for me it would have been), but alas, we'll never know how that would have felt. Thankfully a lot of old time 3DR and Duke fans are over here though, so some of that spirit still carries on. :dukecry:

User is offline   Adlermann 

According to steam: only 13 hours left. I'm at work atm, but i'm actually only reading duke related stuff. As I have been doing for the past 14 years orso :dukecry: I'm just faking work today. I'll be home at 21:00, drink a few beers and then: come get some!

User is offline   DN4EVR 

I am just stoked it'll be out soon. I hope Yatta puts all spoiler threads in one section though or else people will be tempted to make spoiler titled thread full of spoilers all over.

I havent slept in 2 days now... too excited! i sent that 550gtx back and got a 560gtx to arive today for this game. bring it! im ready. XD

User is offline   Kathy 

Almost got hit by a car today. Would have been bloody ironic to wait DNF for 14 years and die on the day of the release.

This post has been edited by Helel: 09 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options