• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

WGR2: SIEGEBREAKER 1.2 RELEASED!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

FINALLY, the huge update is ready! :P

http://fissile.duke4...ssile_wgr2.html

But please don't anyone mirror it yet. It has been beta tested a lot, but in my experience bugs always get discovered right after a release, so I want to wait for a while before it gets uploaded anywhere else.

ENJOY!!

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 03 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Alright! I'm at school now but I'll give it a go in 3 hours and report back. I'm really looking forward to this :P

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Oh god!!! can't wait.... can't wait..... god.... :P

I'll hav a nice weekend...

This post has been edited by Norvak: 03 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostNorvak, on Mar 3 2011, 06:56 PM, said:

Oh god!!! can't wait.... can't wait..... god.... :P

I also updated the mapster guide and included customized NAMES.H so the sprites have names, and tiles.cfg so when you press T in tile view mode, there are helpful WGR2 tile groups.

User is online   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 3 2011, 09:02 PM, said:

I also updated the mapster guide and included customized NAMES.H so the sprites have names, and tiles.cfg so when you press T in tile view mode, there are helpful WGR2 tile groups.

Ok that's fine. Hope u want to make another release on a few months including the stuff i'm working with. :P

EDIT: I just download the pack. Let's kick some ass!!!

This post has been edited by Norvak: 03 March 2011 - 07:08 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Thanks guys, for making the great stuff that makes us take a break from the Internet and spend some time having fun kicking ass!

User is offline   E.C.S 

HELL YEAH! awesome work!, I'm so happy now, I will cry of happiness. Downloading right now!

EDIT: I miss the first chainsaw :P . The actual weapon looks incredible, but after playing so much zombies games I get the like for the normal chainsaws jeje.

DT, can I do some promotion of your mod in a page which I visit?, a web of Spanish webcomics, which has much duke fans. (God, I hate my bad English).

This post has been edited by E.C.S: 03 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostE.C.S, on Mar 3 2011, 10:36 PM, said:

DT, can I do some promotion of your mod in a page which I visit?, a web of Spanish webcomics, which has much duke fans. (God, I hate my bad English).

Yes, please. And though I am managing it at the moment, don't forget that WG Realms is still largely the creation of William Gee. :P

For my own use I'm renaming my game folder to BALLBreaker! I've never gotten such an ass-kicking in my life!
PLAY UTTER CHAOS!

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostVinsaneOne, on Mar 3 2011, 11:32 PM, said:

For my own use I'm renaming my game folder to BALLBreaker! I've never gotten such an ass-kicking in my life!
PLAY UTTER CHAOS!

IMO the hardest part of that level is the beginning. If you don't make the most of that quad damage you are screwed.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 4 2011, 04:05 AM, said:

IMO the hardest part of that level is the beginning. If you don't make the most of that quad damage you are screwed.

Could you please stopping writing down the spoilers? Some of us are actual gamers, meaning we sort of have a vague idea how to play stuff. :P

Minor detail.
My keyboard is set-up differently from the “standard” gamer keyboard (I'm left handed), when I assign a key, that is already assigned, I have two assignments for one key. I got confused, because I don't use all the features of the menu, so I'll fix that set-up over the weekend.
... full report on the huge game will follow. Cheers and thank you for all the hard work.

This post has been edited by Hank: 04 March 2011 - 03:46 AM

Great ! I'm sorry I couldn't be more useful as beta-tester, but I was very busy with work :P

Am i going to post what i think about the mod here? Or will you make a new topic?

Wow. WGRealms 2 just got even better. Like the new floating-Cyberdemon. And it's just as hard to kill as the normal one!

Can someone tell me what the hell i am missing in the frozen hell level. I just activated that bridge by giving souls to a wall. But after killing 2 of those shotgun guys, i just can't see what i should do? This is so annoying.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJhect, on Mar 4 2011, 02:09 PM, said:

Can someone tell me what the hell i am missing in the frozen hell level. I just activated that bridge by giving souls to a wall. But after killing 2 of those shotgun guys, i just can't see what i should do? This is so annoying.

On the other side of the bridge you can enter a cave.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

That's really a damn fine mod. Big compliment, guys!

But there seems to be something wrong with the watcher sentries, they don't activate somehow...

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postchicken, on Mar 4 2011, 02:50 PM, said:

That's really a damn fine mod. Big compliment, guys!

But there seems to be something wrong with the watcher sentries, they don't activate somehow...

Yes they do. Put one on a wall and if an enemy walks in front of it...ZAP!

• Fashionable Modeler

Yeah, i just saw them do something.
But did you change them somehow compared to the last release?

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postchicken, on Mar 4 2011, 02:59 PM, said:

Yeah, i just saw them do something.
But did you change them somehow compared to the last release?

Yes. And I forgot to change the game tip for them. Before they started as tripbombs, and even had the laser line. Now they start as my own actor. Also, instead of expiring on a timer, they only expire after dealing a certain amount of damage.

• Fashionable Modeler

Ah, ok, thanks for the info!

Remember to write that in the tips menu :P

I can't see any cave entrance?

here are some pictures to make sure that you know where i am.

uploading...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Jhect: 04 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostDeeperThought, on Mar 4 2011, 04:05 AM, said:

Yea, OK. Fire breathing Dragons that pick you up and drop you 10 stories to your death was totally unexpected!
You guys went over the top on this one! <gives standing ovation>

Of what I played of the new version of WG Realms 2, the only new level I've played so far is "Utter Chaos" on "It's a Good Day to Die" difficulty, and man is it hard. Still, I finally pulled through and beat it. Although on the computer I played it on, framerate went down the hole
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Serious Cacodemon: 04 March 2011 - 09:24 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

yeh sorry about that, a lot of work was done to help sort out that situation and its way better than before it seems certain pow combos are more potent than others.
Spoiler

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Don't forget to update http://www.moddb.com/games/wgrealms-2/
It will probably take them two or so bloody days to make the article public.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostThe Commander, on Mar 4 2011, 11:50 PM, said:

Don't forget to update http://www.moddb.com/games/wgrealms-2/
It will probably take them two or so bloody days to make the article public.

I decided to wait a while and fix a few more bugs.

Will you release a con patch etc as well as the "final" download for people that have already downloaded the above link?

These 50+mb downloads are killing my bandwidth. (yes, shit internet due to reasons)

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yes, it will just be a few small CON changes and the newest eduke32.exe

With my map that I am working on I wish to include some new con, would the best way to go about this with out conflicting with the original game be to:

MYBATFILE.BAT EDuke32.exe -gWGR2/WGR2.GRP -xMYCONFILE.con -game_dir WGR2

MYCONFILE.CON
include WGR2GAME.CON

my code here etc

This is the method I am using at the moment and it does not seem to effect the original game if using WGR2.bat

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options