• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Begins "footage"

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostNinety-Six, on 26 January 2022 - 09:05 AM, said:

Gearbox has nuked the video.

Was this backed up? I think I have a vague recollection of saving the page on the internet archive but I'm not sure.

User is offline   Aleks 

View Postjkas789, on 26 January 2022 - 08:21 PM, said:

Was this backed up?

Let's hope not. Just leave it to the oblivion :D

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostAleks, on 27 January 2022 - 03:25 AM, said:

Let's hope not. Just leave it to the oblivion :D

Eh. Honestly the whole picture of this situation isn't very promising (or maybe it is, depending on who you ask). Sure, it's (probably) within GBX's legal right to take this down, but I see no actual benefit in doing so, unless their intent is to fully and completely bury the character forever.

Just sell the rights, randy. You obviously don't want it.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

That just mean Duke Begins is still a thing and possibly have been rebooted very recently, the exact same thing happened when an early draft of the ending cutscene of Starcraft 2 : Hearth of the Swarm briefly leaked on youtube and got blocked right after by Blizzard, it was pretty close to the final version we all know but with big differences

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 27 January 2022 - 10:03 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 27 January 2022 - 09:49 AM, said:

That just mean Duke Begins is still a thing

No, it doesn't. Not even remotely.

No studio in the world would block an old footage of a draft of a dead and burried game, so its the only explaination

at any rate, the video still exist on youtube :

View Postgemeaux333, on 27 January 2022 - 10:26 AM, said:

No studio in the world would block an old footage of a draft of a dead and burried game, so its the only explaination

hey, while you're out vacationing from reality, would you mind grabbing me a souvenir?

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

When this fanmade trailer was spliced together in early 2010 with leaked DNF demo footage (before it was even confirmed that Gearbox had taken over the project), they claimed copyright on it as well or at least Take 2 did because I remember multiple copies of the video getting taken down:

They were protecting something then and I'd say they could be trying to protect something now by deleting the Duke Nukem Begins trailer. It's possible they've decided to revive the project or already have and they don't want this old trailer tainting what they're currently trying to do with the project. Just my personal opinion, but we'll see. Not that I have my hopes up for it if they are doing something with it again.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 27 January 2022 - 02:05 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

At this point I dread a new Duke project.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

I hope we don't get a "Duke Begins". An origin story would be lame and I can already feel the cringe it will shine down onto us all that have a bit of sense left. No thanks.

This post has been edited by DNSKILL420: 27 January 2022 - 04:01 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Duke Nukem should stay dead.

Also Take 2 is overly protective of everything they own. The simplest explanation for why they removed the video is just because they could. Same reason they blocked tools for DNF, just because they could.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJimmy, on 27 January 2022 - 07:22 PM, said:

Duke Nukem should stay dead.

Amen.

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 27 January 2022 - 01:03 PM, said:

When this fanmade trailer was spliced together in early 2010 with leaked DNF demo footage (before it was even confirmed that Gearbox had taken over the project), they claimed copyright on it as well or at least Take 2 did because I remember multiple copies of the video getting taken down:

They were protecting something then and I'd say they could be trying to protect something now by deleting the Duke Nukem Begins trailer. It's possible they've decided to revive the project or already have and they don't want this old trailer tainting what they're currently trying to do with the project. Just my personal opinion, but we'll see. Not that I have my hopes up for it if they are doing something with it again.

Thats exactly what I was meant to say, the only mystery to me is what Duke Nukem Begins would be in present days to sound a little viable/believable ? A prequel ? A reboot ? A soft-reboot ?
When I look at Serious Sam 4 and Siberian Mayhem I rather tend to the soft-reboot possibility.

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 28 January 2022 - 12:39 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Sorry, I meant to mark you down.

IF, and it's a big IF, any company was insane enough to try and do a new Duke game, it would have NOTHING to do with any pre-existing projects. The only way Duke is coming back at all at this stage is going to be a completely new idea with absolutely no ties to the past.

I just watched the video again and archived it for posterity.

Good fucking lord, man. It just looks more and more awful each time I see it.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options