Duke4.net Forums: High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions

User is offline   Necrobitz 

View Post86232and, on 08 August 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

Perhaps, someone will want to use these tapestry images (textures 0610 and 0612) in graphic packages:

Posted Image Posted Image

Source links:

Thanks a lot 86232and!!

How do you manage to find this? I'm hallucinating, I tried to put the originals in google images but it doesn't even detect them as tapestries.
Great find !!!

User is offline   Mark 

Being bored I took a break from mapping and was messing around with textures. Thanks to Necrobitz for the inspiration.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark: 21 September 2019 - 05:43 AM

View PostMark, on 21 September 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Being bored I took a break from mapping and was messing around with textures. Thanks to Necrobitz for the inspiration.

Wow!! They look amazing !! I hope m210 will soon implement a render for image maps !!

They are great!!

You have to send me the PNG to add it. 👍🏻👍🏻

User is offline   Mark 

I'll send you a png as soon as I figure out how to load the separate texture maps into Blender to render out a good tile. Right now I'm taking a screen grab of the program I'm creating the magic with. Its good but I want to have more control over the lighting and camera angle using Blender which will export the final result with better quality than the screen grab. I'm new to Blender and still struggling with a lot of features.

View PostMark, on 21 September 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Even if the first one is nice already and, somehow, it summons a classic feeling, the combination with that red one background fit freaking well! (imho)

User is offline   Mark 

I'll be making a better one later but you can use this one for now. I toned down the 3D effect a bit so it doesn't stand out too much from everything else and toned down the blood saturation because it looked to cheesy being a brighter red. Before I make the final version I'll need to know what resolution to make it in and how to position the logo in case the menu uses it and other text appears. I had BloodGDX on my comp for a little while and then removed it until a time when the project is completed and all or most of the bugs are fixed.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Mark: 23 September 2019 - 07:37 AM

User is offline   Tekedon 

Noticed something. Tesla cultists wear red robes now for some reason. https://youtu.be/ITQ7_3L4BZ8

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Oops that is what I get for remaking the def file without proper testing. :o

Edit: Fixed the def file. Just download this and replace the original in the zip. Priests and Tesla cultists now have their correct colors (and the Beast's upscale works again)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 29 September 2019 - 02:29 AM

update!
there is less left to finish, I have made about 550 textures, a few are still missing, but right now you can play with most HD textures, so I estimate that soon I will upload a first version of the pack and then polishing it slowly.

A sample of how it goes:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

95% of the new textures are totally faithful to the original art, there are 5% of them in which I took them a little more for free interpretation.

User is offline   Besli 

Wow, that Looks really good!

It's Out!

XHD Blood

User is offline   skitey 

View PostNecrobitz, on 29 February 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

It's Out!

XHD Blood

and i thought your project is dead ;)

Hehe, nope, I haven't stopped working on it, I just wanted to have it more complete before making it public. I keep working on it and improving things. Regards!

User is offline   J432 

View PostNecrobitz, on 29 February 2020 - 09:07 AM, said:

It's Out!

XHD Blood

Excellent, thanks. The game is looking great, especially when using your addon with upscale mod by Phredreeke.

User is offline   warezeater 

I've found and added a better quality Coat of Arms seen at the Train Station (E1M2).

Original tile 0578:
Posted Image

New tile 0578 (+ XHD Blood):
Posted Image

The tile itslef:
https://imgur.com/gmAKGUT

This post has been edited by warezeater: 08 November 2021 - 11:19 PM

I've found the source for tile 0138.

Tile 0138 (upscaled):
Posted Image

Source:
Posted Image

(the one on the right)
Posted Image

(detail)
Posted Image

OK, my attempt to make a texture out of that.

New tile 0138:
Posted Image

Ingame -- upscale:
Posted Image

Ingame -- new:
Posted Image

Made my new tile 0138's central part look slightly grainier to better match its frame and the overall stone look.

Posted Image

Although the original tile has wooden-like frame, I believe stone look is more appropriate here, as framing a stone in wood is strange and the way the tile is used in the game implies it being a stone slab.

This post has been edited by warezeater: 14 November 2021 - 11:27 PM

Amazing! I was looking for these ages!
Where did you find these?

View PostNecrobitz, on 15 November 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

Amazing! I was looking for these ages!
Where did you find these?

Yandex Images. By the way, do still work on your XHD pack? It's awesome! I am looking forward to make my humble contribution to it as I go through the textures.

The XHD project helped a lot to improve the quality of the upscale pack.

One thing that has changed since the release of the XHD pack (and my previous upscale packs) is that we now have indexed hightiles available in two ports (that being Raze and specific builds of NBlood)

While it means sacrificing truecolor textures, it saves you from having to add a separate version for each palette variant. A few years ago I made this table, which shows what colors in the palette are remapped to what hues. Maybe it can be helpful

Posted Image

Thank you, Phredreeke! I'm afraid I don't even know how to use these palettes. So I guess I just submit my findings and works for future reference.

Meanwhile, here's another small discovery that I made. Tile 0644 seems to be a world map, I am pretty sure about that. This is how the upscaled tile looks like (additionally upsized for easier viewing):

Tile 0644 upscaled
Posted Image

This is my best attempt to reproduce the tile using an original old physical map of continents
Posted Image

This is how the original tile looks ingame (BloodGDX Polymost):
Posted Image

...And my tile with XHD Blood pack:
Posted Image

Here's the map image that I used, in case someone needs it: https://i.pinimg.com...6d48ab2453a.jpg

Is there interest in map parsing logs that detail which palettes are used for what tiles in each level?

Edit: I've attached the parsing logs for ep1-4, cryptic passage and plasma pak.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Phredreeke: 17 November 2021 - 02:31 PM

I've spotted that tile 0255 is actually a central part of tile 0194.

Tile 0194 (upscaled)
Posted Image

Tile 0255 (upscaled)
Posted Image

In the XHD texture pack these two somewhat mismatch in color and stile, with 0255 being probably too rough:

Tile 0194 (XHD)
Posted Image

Tile 0255 (XHD)
Posted Image

This discovery made me think that what if Necrobitz shared sources of his artworks for the community to continue work on the XHD texture pack? I know it's a lot to ask, but this would serve the common good, I sincerely believe.

View Postwarezeater, on 19 November 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

This discovery made me think that what if Necrobitz shared sources of his artworks for the community to continue work on the XHD texture pack? I know it's a lot to ask, but this would serve the common good, I sincerely believe.

Hi Warezeater, you're totally right, I spent a lot of time looking for the relative textures, but I hadn't noticed this one, very good find!! I will make the modification.

Regarding sharing the sources of my artwork, I see it very difficult, I did not start with much order, things got out of hand little by little, my Blood folder where I have all the PSDs, 3D models, hundreds of photographs that I took to making the textures weighs about 200 GB. more or less I know where things are and my chaotic order would not help anyone, besides that I do not see myself uploading 200gb with my internet connection, nor now starting to try to order such a disaster, it would take me years.

I'm going to modify it and if it's okay with you, I can add your textures, such as the Egyptian door.

At the beginning I took certain artistic licenses with some of the original tiles that did not convince me or that I could not find any source.

The canvas of the map, is an example, or the painting of the old woman, the map I tried to put one that agreed in style and atmosphere, the old woman was a joke while thinking something better.

I deeply appreciate the work you are taking and I am encouraging myself to resume the project, which certainly had it quite stopped after receiving messages with insults and even "threats". To this day I still do not understand why someone can feel offended by the work of another, who hands it over without expecting anything in return, and that no one forces them to use it.

You tell me what you think.

Sharing this. It was made using the site ToonMe, which I put the old woman's face into

Posted Image

The version in upscale pack 2.1 was edited to look older like in the original picture, but maybe this raw version is useful if you want to make your own edit.

View PostNecrobitz, on 19 November 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

You tell me what you think.

Hi, Necrobitz! Thank you for this sincere and exhaustive reply, and the work that you did, which I personally admire and appreciate a lot! I really fail to understand strange attitudes of some people that you describe. It will be an honor, and indeed a pleasure, for me if you include my work into your package, and I hope that you subsequently resume working on the XHD pack. And I clearly see your point on the sources artwork.

Thanks again and please fell free to use my findings as you see fit! I am looking forward to share some other adjusted and custom textures I'm working on for this game.

Some recent findings. Wall tile which I couldn't identify (in E3M4 Hospital):

Posted Image

...but found the source of it:
Posted Image

Posted Image

And tile 0614 (from upscale pack):
Posted Image

I'm pretty sure that it is based on the following tapestries (which both are variations of the same art):
Posted Image

Posted Image

The wall texture there is from the XHD, This is the texture that is used in the original game
Attached File  tile2294.png (3.17K)
Number of downloads: 16

View PostPhredreeke, on 22 November 2021 - 10:50 AM, said:

The wall texture there is from the XHD, This is the texture that is used in the original game
Attachment tile2294.png

Oh, you mean, those nice tiles weren't there originally? I really like them!

This post has been edited by warezeater: 22 November 2021 - 08:09 PM

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options