Duke4.net Forums: High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

High Resolution Pack discussion and contributions

User is offline   Xross 

Thank you so much for the tiles Phredreeke, I was able to figure out how it was aligned. Basically arms and the bar were overlapping by one pixel so aligning the image with noise could've been very hard.
I had to mimic the alignment in photoshop and drew from there. As far as I know, there need some clean ups to do but it worked so far.

Posted Image

+ I also realized... BloodGDX.jar itself is a package executable file. hahaha So I managed to implement all images I've created. I'll release the update when it's cleaned up.

This post has been edited by Xross: 25 September 2018 - 04:55 PM

User is offline   skitey 

View PostXross, on 25 September 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Thank you so much for the tiles Phredreeke, I was able to figure out how it was aligned. Basically arms and the bar were overlapping by one pixel so aligning the image with noise could've been very hard.
I had to mimic the alignment in photoshop and drew from there. As far as I know, there need some clean ups to do but it worked so far.

Posted Image

+ I also realized... BloodGDX.jar itself is a package executable file. hahaha So I managed to implement all images I've created. I'll release the update when it's cleaned up.

nice work xross, looks great

User is offline   Xross 

I am not sure if anyone has an issue when trying to get Phredreeke's upscale r07 to get working (at least I was), but for those who suffers from the same issue, I think I solved that problem.
- Extracted the zip file into new folder.
- Opened all *.def files in Notepad, except I removed the bloodgdx.def
- Copy and paste all text in all def files into one def file and save it. (In my case, I saved it as "textures.def")
- Remove all def except the *.def file you have saved.
- Compress all the folder content into textures.zip (Do not compress the folder itself. The name must be same as the def file.)
- Move the zip file into autoload folder.

That pretty much made the package working again.

I will be providing my own optional def file with the update if you are planning to use with it. (I only made my own health and ammo numbers using same typeface from the menu.)
It blends nicely with my work in progress.

Posted Image

User is online   Phredreeke 

Yeah I've been meaning to make a new version but I've been focusing on other stuff.

I can send some unused stuff I've had on my harddrive if you want, see if it's useful to what you're doing,

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

My main focus over the last decade or so has been modelling and rendering. It's only recently that I got into 'proper' rigging and animating. Until then. I just added a very basic skeleton and animated all the standard animation cycles like I was doing claymation - moving one limb at a time. No constraints, no helper bones, no IK at all.

It's only since KuriKai on the Doom modelling project decided to take up animation (and found out that he's fairly good at it) that I have also concentrated on this. I could always just get the animations I needed done in far less time than it took to research how to import the animation files into Blender and link them up with the skeleton. Also, I don't know if there are enough different existing animation files online that would look good with the models in Doom/EDuke.

I had a Kinect in the house for ages, but British houses (read: 'shoeboxes') aren't made for setting up an ad-hoc mocap studio in a corner of the living room.

User is offline   Xross 

It has been awhile after I uploaded the loading screen image... I've finally managed to finish the UI rework.
You can download from this link: https://files.fm/f/9gcgatdg

To install, just extract the zip file into autoload folder.
There are some optional stuff I included in zip file, such as: darker blood, brighter gun flashes, and high resolution fonts.

This module changes these from the original UI:
Posted Image
Loading screens are in all 3 different ratios 4:3, 16:9, 21:9

Posted Image
Menu is upscaled (the file includes the high resolution font, just in case you do not have one), including blood dripping in the menu.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
3rd status bar UI mode is now unobtrusive.

Your feedbacks are welcome!

This post has been edited by Xross: 12 October 2018 - 06:53 PM

User is offline   Xross 

I cannot edit my own post somehow... but that previous link is no longer valid. Download from this one instead: https://files.fm/u/a92cwscz

User is online   Tekedon 

Someone should compile a pack for download with both Phredreeke's stuff and Xross stuff for convinience.

I'd like to state that I'm perfectly fine with Xross using my content in his pack. My focus has been on Redneck Rampage lately and Blood has been kinda neglected.

If the background pack is to be integrated then it needs some heavy curation IMO (a lot of palette variations are redundant)

I may also opt to scale certain textures so their vertical resolution is a power of 2 such as the grandfather clock.

User is offline   Xross 

View PostPhredreeke, on 13 October 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

I'd like to state that I'm perfectly fine with Xross using my content in his pack. My focus has been on Redneck Rampage lately and Blood has been kinda neglected.

If the background pack is to be integrated then it needs some heavy curation IMO (a lot of palette variations are redundant)

I may also opt to scale certain textures so their vertical resolution is a power of 2 such as the grandfather clock.

Oops, I should've asked you if you are okay with me to use your font module into my pack. But thank you for letting me include your content in my pack!
I just wanna make my work to be included as default in the future version of BloodGDX, the HD font should be a default as well.

If there is anything I've missed, I will address them if need be.

This post has been edited by Xross: 13 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

User is offline   Xross 

Just for people who wants the 3rd status bar in Original form, you can follow my instructions and make it to this:
Posted Image

1. Extract hud.zip into the new folder (Creating separate folder should save yourself from file cluttering.)
2. Open "hud" folder where you have extracted the zip compression. ("hud" folder contains texture files.)
3. Rename tile2201b.png and tile2173b.png into tile2201.png and tile2173.png (Make sure you delete existing files that has same name first or it won't save.)
4. Return to the folder where hud.def exists.
5. Highlight hud.def and hud folder, then create new zip file. Your new zip file must have same name as hud.def, so therefore the zip file name is hud.zip
6. Cut and paste your new "hud.zip" into autoload.
7. Enjoy!

Well, that will be the solution for now. I may create two sets of versions in the future update if these steps are hard to follow.

This post has been edited by Xross: 15 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

After playing around with the ESRGAN tool, I've run some of Blood's background tiles with IMO good results.

A set of 400 tiles can be downloaded here. I am not providing support for actually using these in game at this time.

Looks nice, did you play around with AI neural net upscaling already?
Edit: Hehe, I just read it's the same.

This post has been edited by MariusArmand: 09 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

User is offline   skitey 

i really hope somebody make an updated, working texure pack for the latest version.

I'm working on upscaling the enemies again, this time using ESRGAN instead of Waifu.

Posted Image

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostPhredreeke, on 18 January 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

I'm working on upscaling the enemies again, this time using ESRGAN instead of Waifu.

Excellent result!

User is offline   skitey 

View Postmax_nukem, on 20 January 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Excellent result!

Yes! looks promising

Here is a work in progress version of the next release. Note: You will get errors about missing files when launching, and enemy color variants will appear their "base color" as I haven't processed those yet.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostPhredreeke, on 21 January 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Here is a work in progress version of the next release.

Very Good!
So close to the view of the original models by Kevin Kilstrom.
Continue your work!

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  blood.jpg (53.2K)
    Number of downloads: 79

User is offline   Besli 

Yeah, very good work!

I really loved to see that high quality original Blood logo art by Kevin Kilstorm!

Posted Image
http://abobobo.tumbl...kilstrom-source

I tried to replace some high resolution stuff in the folders, it's really hard!
Sometimes it work, and sometimes not. :)

I wanted to replace the bloody Hand texture 6024 with this high res one:

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Besli: 30 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

I've been working on a new upscale pack. Here's a comparison of a sprite from both R07 and the new upscale.

Posted Image

Since people have been having problems downloading upscale pack r07 I've decided to reupload it. I've also taken the opportunity to fix autoloading for both BloodGDX and NBlood.

https://mega.nz/#!Ay...T_juPbTZGrmbOXQ

User is offline   Kamika007z 

View PostPhredreeke, on 25 February 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

Since people have been having problems downloading upscale pack r07 I've decided to reupload it. I've also taken the opportunity to fix autoloading for both BloodGDX and NBlood.

https://mega.nz/#!Ay...T_juPbTZGrmbOXQ

Thank you!

Is there a way you could please outline how this can be installed? My installation of Blood is the actual Blood directory plus the GDX required files from m210's site.

I read through your info.txt file but I wasn't 100% clear.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you again!

This post has been edited by Kamika007z: 28 February 2019 - 10:17 PM

User is offline   deus-ex 

How to install the Blood upscale pack:

1. Download the Blood upscale pack r07 (obviously)
2. Navigate to the Blood installation folder
3. Create a new subfolder 'Autoload' in the Blood installation folder
3. Copy bloodupscale-r07.zip into the Autoload folder
4. Run BloodGDX, it automatically loads bloodupscale-r07.zip from the Autoload folder

Thanks for giving the install instructions. I didn't update the info.txt to cover that, I only renamed the DEF files to autoload and added a blood.def file for NBlood.

User is offline   Kamika007z 

View Postdeus-ex, on 01 March 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

How to install the Blood upscale pack:

1. Download the Blood upscale pack r07 (obviously)
2. Navigate to the Blood installation folder
3. Create a new subfolder 'Autoload' in the Blood installation folder
3. Copy bloodupscale-r07.zip into the Autoload folder
4. Run BloodGDX, it automatically loads bloodupscale-r07.zip from the Autoload folder

Thank you!!

User is offline   Besli 

I tested some upscale options on the Blood logo art by Kevin Kilstorm.

First I used: https://letsenhance.io/
The result was good, but I wasn't very happy with it.

Second I used: Topaz A.I. Gigapixel (https://topazlabs.com/)
You can take a look at yourself!

If you create a free account, you can use a 30 days trial. :lol:

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Besli 

View PostPhredreeke, on 19 February 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

I've been working on a new upscale pack. Here's a comparison of a sprite from both R07 and the new upscale.

Posted Image

Take a look: (on the last ghost I mirrored the eye part to make it look more comfortable)

I used: Topaz A.I. Gigapixel and Topaz Sharpen AI
(https://topazlabs.com/)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Besli: 25 March 2019 - 02:26 PM

So most of the sprites and gui's have been done...

but what are the world textures looking like?
any chance at a sound remaster too?

i remember one guy did a dump of around 400 upscale/hires W_texes but there was no def file to make them useful

This post has been edited by stalker zhs: 07 April 2019 - 04:00 PM

View Poststalker zhs, on 07 April 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

So most of the sprites and gui's have been done...

but what are the world textures looking like?

https://imgur.com/a/77QslN4

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options