Duke4.net Forums: BloodGDX (News & Releases) - Duke4.net Forums

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BloodGDX (News & Releases)

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Is there a way to fix the color filter to make it like the original game? (the pic at the start of e1m1 change yellow>orange by exemple)

That requires writing a new renderer. And if it has proper colours, for me it's gonna be a perfect port. Althought in GDX sounds feel a bit muffed for me where only Caleb sound correct.

User is offline   m210® 

Not so long time ago, I found an effect, which I never seen in game. I also ported this effect in BloodGDX today :D
Someone seen this effect? Maybe in multiplayer?
It's like a electrons moving in atom

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  2.png (437.82K)
    Number of downloads: 83

This post has been edited by M210: 23 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

User is offline   SPILL 

Maybe it was planned to be used for teleportation. Or maybe when Caleb transformed to the Beast. I could also see it being used back when the life leech used to regenerate your health. Or even when the voodoo doll is hurting the player like in Blood 2. Very intriguing!

User is offline   TheXna 

How did you found it?

User is offline   m210® 

View PostTheXna, on 23 December 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

How did you found it?

Haha, just reverse engeneering :D

User is offline   m210® 

View Post-=SomeThingEviL=-, on 12 December 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Also sprites that have floor-alignment will not replace with voxels made of them.I guess it was never planned to have voxels of sprites used that way but it would be nice if they worked.

I will not do this

Attached File(s)

User is offline   m210® 

New release :D

1. Unpause fix
2. Hud draw weapon ycoord correct
3. ROR sprites shade fix
4. Flare sparks velocity fix
5. More accurate Delirium Shroom effect, but drunk effect was disabled
6. New fade screen effects
7. Music crash fix if cdtrack in blood.ini > 9 (Blood Chronicles)
8. Turkish language issue fix
9. Continues music after load savegame
10. Id = "mainmenu" for music in menu (def script)
11. sndPlaySample volume fix

This post has been edited by M210: 24 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

User is offline   skitey 

View PostM210, on 24 December 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

thx for this!

User is offline   Dzierzan 

9. Continues music after load savegame

Thanks, that's really a thing I needed the most :D.

User is offline   max_nukem 

View PostM210, on 24 December 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

Респект, Саня, за то, что не забросил проект!

User is offline   Tiddalick 

Thanks for the new version!!

A bug I mentioned earlier which is still present:
When your in Map mode and turn off Follow (so just free movement around the map). The strafe left, strafe right keys don't move the map, only the forward and backward keys do.
This means you have to rotate the mouse in order to explore other sections of the map.

User is offline   m210® 

Ah, yep, I forgot about it :D

User is offline   TheXna 

Watcha working on M210?

User is offline   m210® 

I rewrote resource loader and now I can load user RRF files. I tried to load BPF mod and it's working fine, but at first you need to extract unknown game.bpf archive (in this archive placed ini file and arts files)

Also bloodgdx support zip files now as resource holder such as arts, maps files...but for load seq or qav files is need ID information. You can put ID information in zip as comment for files, but I don't know archivator which can place comments for each file (but zip has this feature) Also I planning to use global zip comment as INI information. It will be better then RFF archive, which needs ini-file for loading addon

User is offline   Nachuro 

M210, have you considered implementing an audio resampling option in the future? The resampler in BloodCM was excellent, delivering some really crisp audio- by comparison, some of the BloodGDX sound effects are really muffled.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostNachuro, on 04 January 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

M210, have you considered implementing an audio resampling option in the future? The resampler in BloodCM was excellent, delivering some really crisp audio- by comparison, some of the BloodGDX sound effects are really muffled.

The issue is that M210 is not using the original Blood audio mixing library. Instead, he's using OpenAL. EDuke32 uses the original Apogee Sound System, which is why BloodCM's audio is accurate to Blood's. The sound effects are muffled in BloodGDX because OpenAL's resampling is "better" by a specific mathematical definition, which unfortunately is inaccurate to the original game, and does not sound as good perceptually when dealing with extremely low-frequency audio such as BUILD game sound effects. It's the same problem that World Tour's audio had.

User is offline   Manhs 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 January 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

The issue is that M210 is not using the original Blood audio mixing library. Instead, he's using OpenAL. EDuke32 uses the original Apogee Sound System, which is why BloodCM's audio is accurate to Blood's. The sound effects are muffled in BloodGDX because OpenAL's resampling is "better" by a specific mathematical definition, which unfortunately is inaccurate to the original game, and does not sound as good perceptually when dealing with extremely low-frequency audio such as BUILD game sound effects. It's the same problem that World Tour's audio had.

I hope it could be fixed, i like to play with some options in bloodgdx like the no-autoaim for the fun (to have an other way to play the game), but too bad for the audio and the colors problem....
I'm ok with it but i hope it's possible to make it more like the original game at this point! :D

User is offline   Devon 

View PostHendricks266, on 04 January 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

IOk so that is why it sounds different.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Been wondering about this a long time now.

User is offline   SPILL 

M210, is it possible to add a feature that allows us to launch maps in coop, bloodbath, and teams? I know multiplayer won't be working soon but this option would be great for level editors who want to test the coop enemy, item, and weapon spawns. Same goes for capture the flag routes and so on. Even if this feature is temporary that would be great!

User is offline   Phredreeke 

You can launch the game's multiplayer maps by writing MARIO 5 X while in the game (or MARIO 2 X for the Cryptic Passage maps)

User is offline   Newken 

mario 5 1 - The Stronghold
mario 5 2 - Winter Wonderland
mario 5 3 - Bodies
mario 5 4 - The Tower
mario 5 5 - Click!
mario 5 6 - Twin Fortress
mario 5 7 - Midgard
mario 5 8 - Fun with Heads
mario 5 9 - Monolith Building 11
mario 5 10 - Power!
mario 5 11 - Area 15

mario 2 1 - Crypt of Despair
mario 2 2 - Pits of Blood
mario 2 3 - Unholy Cathedral
mario 2 4 - Deadly Inspirations

User is offline   SPILL 

You misunderstood my point. Please re-read

User is offline   SPILL 

I've been playing Blood for 18 years. Trust me I know how to launch the bloodbath levels. I'm talking about launching the multiplayer MODES without actually having multiplayer yet. I need to test my singleplayer map in all modes to make sure weapon, item, and enemy placement is smooth. This is possible using Meltdown and Dosbox but it would be great if GDX allowed you to launch a map in different modes.

This post has been edited by SPILL: 06 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

User is offline   Newken 

There was an incomplete co-op mode but AFAIR it has been disabled.

This post has been edited by Newken: 06 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSPILL, on 06 January 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

M210, is it possible to add a feature that allows us to launch maps in coop, bloodbath, and teams? I know multiplayer won't be working soon but this option would be great for level editors who want to test the coop enemy, item, and weapon spawns. Same goes for capture the flag routes and so on. Even if this feature is temporary that would be great!

I think I can, but I don't know, will thoose features working correctly, because I did't reversed multiplayer features.

Btw, I made user RFF loading with INI file inside today. Now you can load addons/mods with only one RFF file with art/ini/map and all requeres files inside.
GRP and ZIP packeges also supported now.

I need to make RFS scripts support now.

User is offline   m210® 

Hi. I made a 0.786 version :dukecigar: Check it

1. Menu tweak
2. Background renderer tweak
3. Background texture clamp fix
4. New resource loader for rff support
5. User RFF addons/mods support
6. RFS support for mods
7. Autoload folder for load voxels, music (doesn't working with hires textures yet)
8. Folow mode strafe keys working now
9. Md3 empty frame load fix
10. Zombie roam voice fix
11. Trilinear filter settings fix
12. Autoload CD music for mods: "Blood\[ModName]\cdtrack1-cdtrackXX.ogg
13. Decrease resolution console crash fix
14. Better exception handler
15. Skyboxes resources was deleted, added some examples in bloodgdx.def

Skyboxes resources I deleted, because my archive is outdated and new archive too big.
Maybe in future I will make I new download thread with hires and mods resources

User is offline   m210® 

Btw, new version of BloodGDX support user zip archives. You can pack to zip archive simply mods like LOI or DW
You can try this LOI1.zip. Create a new folder (LOI) in Blood folder, place zip flie in LOI folder and launch it in "User content" menu

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  LOI1.zip (3.51MB)
    Number of downloads: 16

This post has been edited by M210: 10 January 2018 - 11:12 PM

User is offline   Manhs 

Good job! :dukecigar:

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

What are you currently working on M210 and when are going to release the next version?

User is offline   m210® 

Well, nothing interests.
I refactored and separated Build and Blood project for making ports of other Build games with actual Build and Polymost fixes.
I already rewrite my Tekwar port to new Build project and I want to prepare a release on the new Build project.

2. Also I already ported Witchaven with my Build project and reverse engereneered Redneck Rampage (I alreday found all of Duke's parts of code) and for continue RE I will start new project with new Build.
3. I wasted some time for learning networks :dukecigar:

About BloodGdx, I did nothing after latest release, but at near future I planning to fix some bugs, and complete user packages loader and loader hrp from zip archive.

Share this topic:

• 32 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options