• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

User is offline   Mr. Death 

View Postm210®, on 13 February 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

I want that you try this version. Maybe this version will better handle vsync

http://m210.ucoz.ru/...oodGDX_test.jar

I gave this beta a try and here are some quick notes:

-Vsync does seem to be slightly smoother overall, but it still has a jerky feel to it when rounding corners or entering new areas.

-BloodGDX crashes every time I switch between windowed & fullscreen mode while in game.

-When in fullscreen mode it looks like the game is using 16bpp instead of 32bpp, as the colors are more greenish and degraded.

-Vsync seems to run slightly smoother when using fullscreen vs windowed mode but again the colors are messed up.

-I've noticed there is some strange behavior when vsync is enabled in certain areas. My monitor's refresh rate is 75hz, and when vsync is enabled the game runs at 75hz w/ 13ms, but if I stand in the middle of the crematorium in E1L1 and look towards the furnace, it becomes jerky and is locked to 75hz w/ 23ms. This does not happen when vsync is disabled.

User is offline   Skumball 

2 minor bugs in Blood with the latest BuildGDX:

1. The Stats counter when set to Always Show does not appear when minimising the Screen Size (removing the interface), unlike RedneckGDX.
2. Menu_Open is not descriptive for the typical Escape/Back function, unlike RedneckGDX's "Open/Close_Menu".

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSkumball, on 31 March 2019 - 03:49 AM, said:

1. The Stats counter when set to Always Show does not appear when minimising the Screen Size (removing the interface), unlike RedneckGDX.

Is it really need? I'm planned to make the same logic in RRGdx

2. Are you about function name?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

I agree with hiding level stats when the rest of the HUD is turned off. It makes more sense than showing the level stats alone.

View Postm210®, on 31 March 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

Is it really need? I'm planned to make the same logic in RRGdx

I'd prefer it as RRGDX but I don't mind if it's not.

View Postm210®, on 31 March 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

2. Are you about function name?

I described how it is written in the menu for both games.

User is offline   Yes 

Two problems with the new version.

1. The sound cutting out after loading up a save is still in. I really want to play the Ganglion Depths with the chanting in the background but the chants keep getting removed with the glitch.

2. The enemy health slider is broken. I put it up to 4 and I can't down a single zombie with one double shotgun blast and cultists no longer take a single flare to get set on fire. On Well Done, however, I can do both of those things in a reliable fashion. I get the feeling the game thinks I put the slider to 5 instead of 4.

User is offline   Yes 

Okay, I did more looking into it, and it seems that somehow enemy quantity and enemy health got swapped. Weird bug but whatever.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostYes, on 01 April 2019 - 05:21 AM, said:

Two problems with the new version.

1. The sound cutting out after loading up a save is still in.

It's not a bug...working as it should.

2. Custom difficulty? Ok, I will check it

User is offline   J432 

I'm playing Blood with BuildGDX on PC with DS4 controller and run or autorun toggle seems not working for gamepad - I have move axis: stick 1_Y (it works fine with keyboard though). There is no run speed option in joystick setup, so movement is always slow. Is it possible to fix it?

This post has been edited by J432: 05 April 2019 - 05:39 PM

User is offline   pagb666 

Gave BuildGDX 1.02 a quick spin with Duke3D. The menu option for inverted mouse doesn't seem to work, so I'm stuck with non-inverted. Ugh...

Anyways, loaded Roch8, which is a map which doesn't run very well on 20th anniversary and I get flawless 250+fps <_<

View Postpagb666, on 24 April 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

Gave BuildGDX 1.02 a quick spin with Duke3D. The menu option for inverted mouse doesn't seem to work, so I'm stuck with non-inverted. Ugh...

Anyways, loaded Roch8, which is a map which doesn't run very well on 20th anniversary and I get flawless 250+fps <_<

Same with RedneckGDX 1.00 on BuildGDX 1.02

User is offline   supergoofy 

2nd and 3rd demo of duke3d are off

OpenAL Soft 1.15.1 seemed to be the default option after installing BuildGDX 1.02. The audio sounded quite muffled in Duke Nukem but setting it to 1.18.1 fixed it. Can this be set to the default option?

User is offline   Newken 

Duke Talk and gun sounds are too quiet even with 1.18.1.

Weapon sprites in Duke Caribbean are not widescreen.

Posted Image

User is offline   supergoofy 

I think the demos in redneckGDX are also de-sync

User is offline   m210® 

View PostSkumball, on 24 April 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

OpenAL Soft 1.15.1 seemed to be the default option after installing BuildGDX 1.02. The audio sounded quite muffled in Duke Nukem but setting it to 1.18.1 fixed it. Can this be set to the default option?

You need to do it only one time. Is it really necessary? OpenAL 1.15.1 has better performance because don't use JNA.

I think the demos in redneckGDX are also de-sync

Yes, you are right, I didn't work with demo syncing.

Any chance of a quick hotfix for the inverted mouse problem on Duke & Redneck? Thanks m210!

User is offline   m210® 

Maybe on Monday, I'm busy now

User is offline   J432 

View PostJ432, on 05 April 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

I'm playing Blood with BuildGDX on PC with DS4 controller and run or autorun toggle seems not working for gamepad.

In v1.02 problem persists. Movement does not change and is slow with gamepad + autorun on. With keyboard autorun works ok.

On BuildGDX 1.02 cheats are not working on Duke3D and Redneck Rampage. Menu fonts are garbled on Blood.

View Postfilipetolhuizen, on 01 May 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

On BuildGDX 1.02 cheats are not working on Duke3D and Redneck Rampage. Menu fonts are garbled on Blood.

Could you be specific on which fonts are garbled; menu's for me are working in Blood. Also are your graphics drivers up to date and what is your system info? I'm not an expert but I suspect m210 will need to know all this.

View PostSkumball, on 02 May 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Could you be specific on which fonts are garbled; menu's for me are working in Blood. Also are your graphics drivers up to date and what is your system info? I'm not an expert but I suspect m210 will need to know all this.

The small fonts appear garbled for me. It was working fine on the previous release. Here's how it looks for me:
Attached File  javaw 2019-05-02 17-15-10-11.jpg (245.58K)
Number of downloads: 26

View Postfilipetolhuizen, on 02 May 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

The small fonts appear garbled for me. It was working fine on the previous release. Here's how it looks for me:
Attachment javaw 2019-05-02 17-15-10-11.jpg

Have you tried both versions of BuildGDX with and without JRE?

View PostSkumball, on 03 May 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

Have you tried both versions of BuildGDX with and without JRE?

Yes, both have the same problem, no matter if I run the .exe or the .jar. Here's a screenshot from the previous version on the same screen without problems (I haven't made any system changes):
Attached File  javaw 2019-05-03 20-25-46-56.jpg (240.23K)
Number of downloads: 7

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I tried searching the forum for an answer, but how do you respawn in Multiplayer games? I don't know if it's a new change or something, but I just die and nothing seems to bring me or my friends back.

User is offline   m210® 

View Postfilipetolhuizen, on 02 May 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Attachment javaw 2019-05-02 17-15-10-11.jpg

I don't have such a problem even in v1.0. What version do you use? Do you have QFN files in your blood folder?

View Postthricecursed, on 04 May 2019 - 01:21 PM, said:

I tried searching the forum for an answer, but how do you respawn in Multiplayer games? I don't know if it's a new change or something, but I just die and nothing seems to bring me or my friends back.

Did you try fake multiplayer? Probably you are using the map without starting position

This post has been edited by m210®: 04 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View Postm210®, on 04 May 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

Did you try fake multiplayer? Probably you are using the map without starting position

We were playing E1M1 in co op. What's fake multiplayer? How do you set a starting position? It used to work a couple months back, but now when i press any key/click with mouse, I can't respawn. TBH I have the same issue in NBlood, so I don't get what's going on.

View Postm210®, on 04 May 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

I don't have such a problem even in v1.0. What version do you use? Do you have QFN files in your blood folder?

Just tried running BuildGDX using Blood without Plasmapack and the fonts showed up fine.

User is offline   m210® 

View Postfilipetolhuizen, on 05 May 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Just tried running BuildGDX using Blood without Plasmapack and the fonts showed up fine.

It would be good if you give me your version of blood, maybe I will understand what's happening in multiplayer and fonts

This post has been edited by m210®: 05 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

View Postfilipetolhuizen, on 05 May 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Is it linked to this topic? Invisible menu

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options