Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

View PostTekedon, on 04 November 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

Well in one way it is bugged, I have next weapon/previous weapon set to F and G. If you hammer the keys too fast he just pulls the pitchfork up and down multiple times no matter what weapon is next in the list. So in one way it is kind of bugged. I also remember the spraycan "pull up" animation bugged out and got stuck in a loop if you switched too fast. So I guess it is one way to fix it.

btw. this is the spraycan glitch I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/kAYkrmH2n64

I actually know both those bugs, but that only happens when switching too fast and when you double-tap next_weapon (or E (I have my keys set to Q and E on vanilla)). However, I'm not asking for the ability to hammer the keys as fast as possible and to keep those bugs, I'm asking to be able to switch weapons by the limit set by the vanilla game, at around 350 milliseconds (I would need to perform some tests to get an accurate value), rather than wait for the entire weapon-switch animation to finish, which makes a measurable difference in gameplay.

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Shake it, baby! For maximum spray efficiency! :rolleyes:

User is offline   VGA 

In House of Horrors there is a misaligned texture a bit after the start of the map on the texture that says "You must be this tall to ride". The other side is properly aligned, though.

Also, is there a bug with dynamite throwing? I tried holding the right-click to charge up to throw it but nothing was happening, I got confused and pressed it again and Caleb threw it to the ground in front of me, I ran to the side, then some enemies were appearing so I tried to switch to the shotgun and couldn't(?) so they killed me. It all happened very quickly but is there a known control bug with throwing dynamite?

User is offline   fgsfds 

Right click doesn't charge tnt. First click igniting the fuse, second click dropping tnt on the ground.

User is offline   VGA 

Ah, I played through the whole first episode and only now realised I was using an older version because I had not allowed the Java portable binary through my firewall. So maybe that vertical misalignment is not a current bug.

User is offline   Phredreeke 

View PostVGA, on 10 November 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

In House of Horrors there is a misaligned texture a bit after the start of the map on the texture that says "You must be this tall to ride". The other side is properly aligned, though.

Only if you're playing with the background upscale pack AFAIK (M210 added a fix, but it doesn't work for hi-res textures) there's a similar bug with the grandfather clock at the beginning of E3M2

User is offline   VGA 

No, I am not using any mods except voxels.zip

Is there a way to jump to E1M8 and check it out?

User is offline   Phredreeke 

Press T, type MARIO 1 8

User is offline   VGA 

Ah, that texture looks OK in the current version.

I have a question, in the Overlooked Hotel, I noticed I can take the teleporter to the secret level without seeing the full pattern on the floor like in this video (which is Dosbox)
https://youtu.be/x2CkomQRSBk?t=2414
Go to 40:14, it's the full pattern. In my game in latest BloodGDX version it looks like the attached screenshot. Is it because I haven't found all five tomes? But the teleporter does work as-is!

Is this a bug?

Attached File(s)

User is offline   fgsfds 

It's a bug in the original game

User is offline   Tekedon 

Any chance you are going to fix the sounds? I mean the soundquality, it's noticeably lower than the original in both BloodGDX and RedneckGDX.

User is offline   Mark 

I've been playing RRGDX and I'm not hearing bad quality sounds. I guess I would have to hear a side by side comparison to notice any difference.

User is offline   VGA 

I suicided by napalm launcher while falling into water (the rebreather also came on) and when I pressed Use and the game loaded the last savegame ... the palette was still blue, like I was underwater! I saved the game, quit and restarted, the save thumbnail is tinted blue but the game is normal after load. Hah!

@M210
You should make the "rate" cheat command enable/disable the fps counter!

User is offline   fgsfds 

What's wrong with the sound in RR? Blood has a problem with muffled sounds due to resample filtering, but it's disabled by default in RR. In theory, it should sound just like original game.

User is offline   m210® 

View PostVGA, on 15 November 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

@M210
You should make the "rate" cheat command enable/disable the fps counter!

Why? It's useless cheat. Fps counter you can switch in game options.

About palette, as I remember I already fix it, so wait for the new release. It will be soon

User is offline   VGA 

View PostM210, on 16 November 2018 - 12:56 AM, said:

Why? It's useless cheat. Fps counter you can switch in game options.

About palette, as I remember I already fix it, so wait for the new release. It will be soon

Yeah, I just thought since it would be only a couple of lines of code, it would be fun to implement, so it's closer to the original :rolleyes:

Also, I think the [Autosave] and quicksave slots should not be visible when the player goes to manually save the game, only on Load. I will be keeping an eye out for a new release!

This post has been edited by VGA: 16 November 2018 - 05:22 AM

View Postfgsfds, on 15 November 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

What's wrong with the sound in RR? Blood has a problem with muffled sounds due to resample filtering, but it's disabled by default in RR. In theory, it should sound just like original game.

Well I compared with the RedNukem port and Redneck GDX, they sound lower quality, check them both. But most important to me is Blood.

User is offline   TheCultist 

Bug in v0.795: if you die while you're in water, when you respawn the screen will stay green until you go in water and get back up again.
Please note that this is an older savefile, but v0.795 did not complain about it being incompatible like it did for some of my other savefiles.
The mouse cursor in menus is also broken.
https://youtu.be/MhDMVN0mF3s

User is offline   Newken 

The bottom gap introduced in RedneckGDX is also visible in BloodGDX v0.795.

User is offline   supergoofy 

@ TheCultist

Try starting a new game. Old saves may be incompatible.

This is something that happened in the past also with eduke32. Changing/improving/fixing the engine caused old saves to become incompatible. That's normal to happen.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 20 November 2018 - 07:48 AM

First of all congrats and thank you for the new release!

- When diving in the water and emerging, afterwards the gun firing sounds only come out of the left speaker of my headphones for a while.
- Stack rendering bug when in diveable water sector still present. (hall of mirrors effect)
- Bottom gap bug like Newken said

This post has been edited by Tekedon: 20 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

User is offline   Jim 

Hello, is the crouching stone gargoyle bug fixed or not? Thanks!

User is offline   VGA 

OK I am going crazy here :rolleyes:

A few days ago I played Catacombs E3M8 on version 0.794. At some point I was hearing sounds of battle, it sounded like there was another Caleb somewhere in the map blasting enemies away and saying his quotes, it was mayhem!! I thought it was a map effect but today I checked out some Youtube videos of people playing in Dosbox and there's no such thing. I am thinking it was some bug that resulted in random sounds being played?!

User is offline   m210® 

View PostVGA, on 21 November 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

OK I am going crazy here :D

A few days ago I played Catacombs E3M8 on version 0.794. At some point I was hearing sounds of battle, it sounded like there was another Caleb somewhere in the map blasting enemies away and saying his quotes, it was mayhem!! I thought it was a map effect but today I checked out some Youtube videos of people playing in Dosbox and there's no such thing. I am thinking it was some bug that resulted in random sounds being played?!

Looks like that you played when youtube was opened in background :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by M210: 21 November 2018 - 07:48 PM

User is offline   VGA 

Oh my god, that's probably what happened. I think I put my headphones down to answer the cellphone, then forgot I had a video running when I put them back on and alt-tabbed to the game. LOL!

(I swear I am not retarded, my parents had me checked!)

User is offline   malvado 

Hi M210, I can't crouch with capslock on the newest version of BloodGDX. It worked fine with all previous versions. I've always crouched with capslock in Blood -- not to toggle, it's the button I use to manually crouch -- got years of muscle memory tied to it. Small request but I hope you can fix this m8, thank you!

View Postmalvado, on 22 November 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Hi M210, I can't crouch with capslock on the newest version of BloodGDX. It worked fine with all previous versions. I've always crouched with capslock in Blood -- not to toggle, it's the button I use to manually crouch -- got years of muscle memory tied to it. Small request but I hope you can fix this m8, thank you!

*To be clear, it seems like Capslock can't be assigned to any command in the new update. When in the key assign screen it just isn't detected when pressed, at least here on my laptop.

User is offline   m210® 

Its working for me, but yes, GLinput class was rewrited
Maybe because I fixed it after release, so wait for a new version then

This post has been edited by M210: 22 November 2018 - 07:18 PM

User is offline   m210® 

View PostM210, on 22 November 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yeah, just checked it. I fixed capslock / pause key and scrolllock after release

View PostM210, on 22 November 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

Its working for me, but yes, GLinput class was rewrited

Alright, thanks man.

Btw I heard somewhere that BloodGDX would be getting a software render instead of polymost at some point in the future. Is that true? If so I'm really looking forward to it, cheers!

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options