Duke4.net Forums: Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants - Duke4.net Forums

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke 3d Enemy and Character Sprite Variants  "Sprite variants I drew for fun"

If it catch your interest, there have been attempts to replicate Manhattan Project enemies in sprite form. Even with frankenspriting some additional edit is required, I can indicate wich sprite use or combine.

Pigcop

Level 1: No need, there is alredy. (unless you want to redoing it in total MP style)

Level 2 (SWAT): Rip the Nuclear Showdown SWAT pig and put an helmet.

Level 3 (SWAT): like above just more big and with sunglasses, takeable from here or from the Vacapig included in Nuclear Showdown.

Ratoid

Level 1, 2 and 3: I guess the Beast from Blood is the most appropriate choice.

Gator Grunt

Level 1, 2 and 3:Probably just an edit of the Enforcer combined with Wonton Destruction Enemies. anyway I recommend to use the Coolie hat that its more big and suitable

Fem Mech
Level 1, 2 and 3: An edit of Shadow Warrior Female warrior (or of DN3D babes).

I don't know what you could use for Roachoids, Flyoid, Mech and Security camera mech. You will see by yourself eventually.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Awesome! You and Jet_Nick are great at this stuff! What’s your efficient method?

stumppy84, on 22 January 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Awesome! You and Jet_Nick are great at this stuff! What’s your efficient method?

I replicate the original method of using a 3d model and rendering it at multiple angles. I have file setup with the lighting, camera, animation set. I drop in a model and hit render and it churns out all the angles. I used 3dsmax.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 22 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

User is offline   jet_nick 

Times ago I created gator grunt, datoid,insectoid and other enemies from Mp but I ve never released it, this afternoon I looking for it on my hard disk, if I found them I ll post on community stockpile

jet_nick, on 23 January 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

Times ago I created gator grunt, datoid,insectoid and other enemies from Mp but I ve never released it, this afternoon I looking for it on my hard disk, if I found them I ll post on community stockpile

a little Collection of my very very old works (2013), with old skin, old wip skybox ecc.
not being bad were just tests XP

https://www.dropbox....r?role=personal

sebabdukeboss20, on 22 January 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

I really appreciate it guys! I'm kind of on a sprite drawing phase right now (taking a small break from Abduction 4.1) and after finding a very efficient method of making these I decided to churn out what I can. Many of these ideas I wanted to do a long time ago.

Here's preview of Dr. Proton(s)
drprotonpreview.jpg

And 2 Fat Commander variants:

fatcommander1.png

fatcommander2.png
I really like how the DNF variant turned out. Using a mancubus head saved me some time.

I'm loving this, as always---seriously, your work is just brilliant. I look forward to seeing the finished sheets for Dr. Proton in all three forms---the hovering one in particular is freaking amazing!

jet_nick, on 23 January 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

a little Collection of my very very old works (2013), with old skin, old wip skybox ecc.
not being bad were just tests XP

https://www.dropbox....r?role=personal

It brings to Dropbox login page, the link must be reformulated.

Sorry, try this.

http://www.mediafire...d_shit_WIP_.rar

Cool stuff, jet nick. Where's the roach from?

More piggy cops:

Attached Image: picop4minigun.png

Attached Image: picop5mp.png

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 23 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

sebabdukeboss20, on 23 January 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

Cool stuff, jet nick. Where's the roach from?

More piggy cops:

picop4minigun.png

picop5mp.png

I was JUST going to mention the MP Pig Cop later this week, and you went and read my friggin' mind.....very nice work! I think the Roach is from Ruins/Powerslave, but I don't know for sure.

jet_nick, on 23 January 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

Dunno why you call it shit....the Fly-Oid is pretty impressive!

I think the Roach is from Ruins/Powerslave, but I don't know for sure

Confirmed, it is the Kilmaat.

Fantinaikos, on 23 January 2018 - 02:20 PM, said:

Confirmed, it is the Kilmaat.

yes it is the kilmaat,
i have other enemies never released because it was used in Duke Begins ( a old mod by Bullow and Richard).

User is offline   stumppy84 

That mod looked awesome! Maybe they’ll release the assets and let someone else take over..

KickAss Duke seems more concrete in terms of progress than Duke Begins (both projects where Richardstorm is involved), at least we got some relatively recent news about. Some enemies can fit well into it considering the premises, even if there is a risk that becomes more a mess than a Project Brutality for DN3D.

A new enemy, based off of Duke Forever concept art. He was easy to model since he doesn't walk.

Attached Image: bighead.png

I envision him similar to the octabrain firing projectiles or maybe invisible projectiles but also weaker HP wise. To make him unique, I think he could teleport around the room.

sebabdukeboss20, on 24 January 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

A new enemy, based off of Duke Forever concept art. He was easy to model since he doesn't walk.

bighead.png

I envision him similar to the octabrain firing projectiles or maybe invisible projectiles but also weaker HP wise. To make him unique, I think he could teleport around the room.

it seems a official work not a fan made, compliments,

sebabdukeboss20, on 24 January 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

bighead.png

Wow.....just wow. The fact that you pulled this off based on a simple sketch is astounding---is this thing meant to be a standard enemy, or a sort of mid-boss type of fight?

I thought the big head alien looked too weak to be a boss/midboss. I am working on the megaoctabrain boss though.

This art seems to suggest it's a common enemy:
http://duke4ever.alt...1999/work20.jpg

sebabdukeboss20, on 25 January 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

I thought the big head alien looked too weak to be a boss/midboss. I am working on the megaoctabrain boss though.

This art seems to suggest it's a common enemy:
http://duke4ever.alt...1999/work20.jpg

Fascinating....makes me wonder where all that other concept art from the Balls of Steel version of the DNF strategy guide may be hiding on the Internet.

In any case, this is definitely incredible stuff---as always, I look forward to your next masterpiece!

More animated babes!

NSFW:

Spoiler

Mmm boooooobsssss

Those are some good babes... Maybe meesa take a few. :dukecigar:

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Never Forgotten, on 15 January 2018 - 10:24 PM, said:

Seriously, if someone can code these for me, please do it. Atomic Crisis would benefit from it.

I have some time this weekend, and it would be a good way for me to get my brain back into modding, since I have taken such a long break. What I'm thinking of doing for the pigcop boss is making some generic code that is mostly classic 3DR style, and then people can adapt it to their projects as needed.

I'm pretty sure I asked this before, but if anyone can separate the images and put them into an .art0XX file or even individual pngs, that would save me some time. Another challenge is that the pigcop boss art doesn't come with any new sounds or effect sprites, so to avoid making it feel like a reskin of existing enemies it needs some work in those areas. In my experience, what people call "coding" for new enemies in this community consists of a lot more than supplying code. :dukecigar:

Anyway, I will probably do that this weekend for my own benefit, and then post some generic code if anyone lets me know they are interested.

I appreciate you coding it Trooper Dan. I would help you make the separate pngs, but I want to concentrate on drawing up some more sprites while I still have the time, energy, and enthusiasm.

Dr. Proton has RETURNED:

Attached Image: drprotonspider.png

Attached Image: drprotonfly.png

Attached Image: drproton.png

Edit: I added some more notes on the views since it's an original boss. The idea behind him is each form is fought in different times/levels. Not all together.

This post has been edited by sebabdukeboss20: 26 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Wow, those are really awesome! Excellent work.

As someone who has done a great deal of importing of enemies and coding them into Duke 3D, I have to say it's daunting to start with sprite sheets like that when you have no notes on what the various animations are and the frame order is not what it would look like in the .art file.

It looks like he is supposed to start in spider form, then when he detaches, we move into the second form (1st sprite sheet) where you have only the firing animation from all angles and no walk/fly cycle. The death animation is for when he is in bipedal form, so I guess that has to be his final form. But then how does he get to that form from the other forms?
I'm pointing this out because this is the kind of stuff that can make it prohibitively difficult as a non-artist to import an enemy. I still think it's great work as far as it goes.

sebabdukeboss20, on 26 January 2018 - 01:59 PM, said:

I appreciate you coding it Trooper Dan. I would help you make the separate pngs, but I want to concentrate on drawing up some more sprites while I still have the time, energy, and enthusiasm.

Dr. Proton has RETURNED:

drprotonfly.png

drprotonspider.png

drproton.png

YUSS! The extra tentacle blasters on the flying Dr. Proton are a nice touch---I definitely hope to see these in an upgraded edition of Nuclear Showdown or any other mod sometime in the near future. :dukecigar:

Awesome work as always Sab :dukecigar:

If you even make a DN1 version afoot and chair we may see a original game mod someday.

Dan I can turn all the sprites you want into single frames if you want. Also insert them in empty .art's just show me which ones you need.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 26 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

Trooper Dan, on 26 January 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Wow, those are really awesome! Excellent work.

As someone who has done a great deal of importing of enemies and coding them into Duke 3D, I have to say it's daunting to start with sprite sheets like that when you have no notes on what the various animations are and the frame order is not what it would look like in the .art file.

It looks like he is supposed to start in spider form, then when he detaches, we move into the second form (1st sprite sheet) where you have only the firing animation from all angles and no walk/fly cycle. The death animation is for when he is in bipedal form, so I guess that has to be his final form. But then how does he get to that form from the other forms?
I'm pointing this out because this is the kind of stuff that can make it prohibitively difficult as a non-artist to import an enemy. I still think it's great work as far as it goes.

Ok. In the future I'll label animations. The idea for Dr. Proton is you fight him 3 separate times/levels, not all together.

sebabdukeboss20, on 26 January 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Ok. In the future I'll label animations. The idea for Dr. Proton is you fight him 3 separate times/levels, not all together.

Makes sense....just looking at these sprite sheets, I can't help but picture a DN3D boss fight against Dr. Proton set to this classic DN2 track:

This post has been edited by Major Tom: 26 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Damn those Proton one's look amazing, would have loved them for my Area 51 story.

Since you are doing different versions of Proton, how about a variant of his Duke Nukem 2 version where he's sitting in that chair?

Also seeing as you are on quite the roll and you love doing babes, how about finally giving us some animated sheets of Bombshell?
I would prefer one of these 2, but having some of the others or even Shelly's version would be great.
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 26 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options