• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke It Out In D.C. HRP + Music Pack  "Coming up: New music pack by Jimmy!"

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostMicky C, on 23 June 2011 - 02:24 AM, said:

If you want me to go through that level again and reduce the lighting, you have to post up a new pic of that horse :)

Too lazy to check it yourself? :) But if it's the only way to motivate you here is a pic just for you of much oversized model if you ever needed a giant statue :P
http://imageshack.us.../duke0002m.jpg/

View PostNightFright, on 23 June 2011 - 11:50 AM, said:

Incredible how short the todo list got lately... :)

It's a pity however that most of this stuff was made by one sick moth.... ukhm by me. Lazy bastards! It would be cool if someone contributed some stuff as well. There is still a lot work to be done.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I always imagined that model would have an oval base, but that's just me.

I'll have some free time in a week or so so I can have a look at the lights then. Is that pretty much all the inside lights should have their intensity reduced? Or is there a different problem?

It sounds like a mapster script could be used to reduce all the RGB values by a certain amount.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Here's a request for you, Spiker: remake #3748, the shittiest (and only) model I've ever made for an HRP.

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostHendricks266, on 24 June 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

Here's a request for you, Spiker: remake #3748, the shittiest (and only) model I've ever made for an HRP.

I will look into it. Also I skimmed through your addon to-do lists and they are completely illegible for me. You should really do something about that. Keep them simple like those made by Nightfright.

In the meantime I got access to the SVN and committed another revision.

- added new chair model (3662) however it needs maphacks!
- completely remade chandelier to much better looking one
- tweaked the statue so that it fits all levels now
- tweaked the skin for the flower pot

Finally I'm satisfied with these models and I hope I will never touch them again (yach!)

Still a long way to finish. (Still need to revise much crappy content, including mine)

Posted Image

User is offline   Besli 

Wow, really nice work Spiker!!

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostBesli, on 26 June 2011 - 06:38 AM, said:

Wow, really nice work Spiker!!

Thanks. Slowly I'm getting better and better.

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSpiker, on 26 June 2011 - 06:16 AM, said:

Also I skimmed through your addon to-do lists and they are completely illegible for me. You should really do something about that. Keep them simple like those made by Nightfright.

Sorry about that. I wrote them so that they would be an inventory of all the content, rather than a list where items are deleted when done.

I've been meaning to update them to something more user-friendly on my website, with sortable columns and content viewing, but I could never come up with an organized way (read: technology, like PHP, databases, spreadsheets, etc.) to do it.

Quick tutorial: It's a four-column chart. Status, Category, Description, Location. The keys for the symbols I use in Status and Category are contained at the top of the file. To mentally limit the list to to-do items, only pay attention to the ones with '!' and '?', and ignore the '…' and '*'. Description is either the proper name for the content in question, or a few brief words to explain what it is. Location is either the tile number or file name.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 26 June 2011 - 04:36 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Errrr... pal, you didn't commit #3662 files, at least not as far as I could see...

User is offline   Spiker 

Don't know what went wrong but it's now fixed.

• The Truth is in here

Maphack for DUKEDC1 (chair/sprite 16) has been added to SVN.

User is offline   Spiker 

I think you forgot about this room.

Posted Image

• The Truth is in here

Oh... these did not show up in GViewer when I ran a search for the sprite. Are those all, or are there even more?

User is offline   Spiker 

I don't recall any more but I can't say it for 100%.

• The Truth is in here

I will float through the map tonight in GViewer and see if I can find any other. Otherwise, will add the remaining ones this evening.

This should be the last case which requires maphacks for new models. A pity that the sprite orientation was so flawed back then. But well, who could think it would matter later when replacing everything? xD

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

I just played the map and (I think) I was everywhere and I didn't see any more chairs.

• The Truth is in here

DUKEDC1.mhk has been updated. I found one more chair (sprite 15) in the same room where I found the first one (sprite 16).
With the conference room, I allowed myself some minimal artistic liberty. I made the chair pointing at the secret area (sprite 143 - it's not aligned with the others for a reason after all) actually facing it. A cool idea, I think. Stuff you can only do with a model. :)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 28 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

User is offline   Spiker 

I like it. Some smart guy once said that it's imperfection what makes things perfect.

Anyway:

- I added a curtain model (3663), please update to-do list.
- revised Hendricks266's antenna
- made some minor changes to a few skins

Posted Image

• Weaponized Autism

r19:

add 8-bit art for broken versions of 3669 (flag pole), 3726 (elevator buttons), and 3769 (streetlight) from Duke It Out In D.C. Wally Waffles edition,
currently unused

One of the things the mod "Duke It Out In D.C. Wally Waffles Edition" did right, among many bad things, was to add interactivity to the originally lifeless DC objects. I'm going to comb through the mod and pick out the good parts, and add them to the DCHRP. However, I'm not going to touch any DC CONs for a while.

I just added the art early for novelty, and to give contributors an early warning that the art will show up in-game in the future.

These should probably be added to the to-do list.

3780-3781, broken versions of 3669 (flag pole):
Posted Image Posted Image
3782, broken version of 3726 (elevator buttons):
Posted Image
3783-3785, broken version of 3769 (streetlight), this is an animation:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 28 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostNightFright, on 28 June 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

DUKEDC1.mhk has been updated. I found one more chair (sprite 15) in the same room where I found the first one (sprite 16).
With the conference room, I allowed myself some minimal artistic liberty. I made the chair pointing at the secret area (sprite 143 - it's not aligned with the others for a reason after all) actually facing it. A cool idea, I think. Stuff you can only do with a model. :)

I think the chair should at least still face towards the table, looks a little too out of place imo.

• The Truth is in here

Fair enough. I will reverse the angle, so it is only slightly misaligned, not counter-clockwise, but the other way round (just a few degrees). Should do the trick. Will update SVN tonight.

User is offline   Spiker 

Nothing much, just added this painting (3666 d3vil?!!1).

Posted Image

Hi everyone, you guys are doing awesome work.

By the way, I don't know if you've noticed, but the EU flag that usually appears with the US flag on a pole is supposed to be the presidential flag.
Just thought I ought to mention it.

Keep up the good work

• Weaponized Autism

View Postdarkprince227, on 06 July 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

the EU flag that usually appears with the US flag on a pole is supposed to be the presidential flag.

Good catch. It's easy to see how someone could mistake one for the other, especially *cough* a European. The offending file is 3665_flag.jpg.

Posted Image vs. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 06 July 2011 - 07:13 AM

User is offline   Zaero 

View PostSHODANFreeman, on 28 June 2011 - 05:18 PM, said:

I think the chair should at least still face towards the table, looks a little too out of place imo.

Well, it does, thats why it attracts attention. The good thing is it looks like somebody just stand up from it and went straight to the wall (secret). This shouldn't be changed IMHO.

User is offline   zoromo27 

https://svn.eduke32.com/dc_hrp what password? please tell me! also want to download ?

• Honored Donor

Duke it out in DC level 5 polymer lights. It sure would be nice if someone gave me the password for the SVN..

Posted Image

Attached File(s)

• Weaponized Autism

There is no one "password" for the SVN and passive-aggressive remarks won't get you one. :D Come on IRC and talk to Plagman.

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 22 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

• Honored Donor

Yeah I mean the Duke it out in DC HRP SVN password, although if I had all of them that would be handy too Posted Image (I might do the other add-on packs some day)

Anyway do you mean that IRC chat button in the righthand column of the Duke4.net homepage? I jumped through a few hoops and still couldn't get it to work.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

irc://irc.freenode.net/eduke32

Get a IRC plugin for your internet browser.
Firefox: ChatZilla

This post has been edited by The Commander: 23 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

• Honored Donor

Looks like I'll have to install firefox then.

In the meantime, here's the lights for level 6.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Attached File(s)

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options