DNF Modding Discoveries  "Posting my findings on DNF"

View Postgemeaux333, on 01 November 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

this one ?

yeah this one

User is offline   gemeaux333 

a definite improvement, although the change of pace is disturbing at first

View Postgemeaux333, on 02 November 2020 - 10:33 AM, said:

a definite improvement, although the change of pace is disturbing at first

the change of pace is disturbing? how so? what do you mean exactly by that?

that its like passing from a bike to a motorcycle, so when you are not used to it it might be disturbing understandably :D

I only regret that the ego regen have been completely turned off instead of regenerating 1 or 2 points per second as there is no medikit and you cannot always rely on having ennemies being executable, if you're low you are mostly doomed and will only recover by loading from last checkpoint...
the fact you cannot use ammo crates anymore is also a strange choice as even Serious Sam use them...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 04 November 2020 - 09:20 AM

that wasn't a choice of mine - it's a consequence of disabling the weapon limit. The crates are coded to look for your primaryweapons, not what weapons you have in your inventory.
Regarding ego, I'm gonna make execution chances higher, back to at least 4 out of 10 times, potentially between 4-5 times.
That and I may have found a way of implementing the beer as medkit idea I had in mind a long ass time ago.

Lastly, since weapons are gonna be rolled out a bit differently in the mod, with the idea being that by the mid point of the game (duke burger 3) you'll have access to all the guns, so you'll have the freezer and thus a consistent way of executing people, which helps with the difficulty increase of enforcers joining the fray by then.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

Man I thought this was dead.

Godspeed you magnificent bastard.

User is offline   Kyeb 

Quick question regarding modding, was there every a way to get the console working again to enable NoClip?

View PostKyeb, on 05 November 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

Quick question regarding modding, was there every a way to get the console working again to enable NoClip?

nope on both, you can't even bind dnclip to get it to work, the cheats themselves were also disabled although they are still in dngame.u

User is offline   Kyeb 

Does the downgrade patch method still work or is that no longer working either?

View PostKyeb, on 05 November 2020 - 06:34 AM, said:

Does the downgrade patch method still work or is that no longer working either?

it works

User is offline   Kyeb 

Any idea where to get the file please? Looks like the original hosted file is no longer available.

View PostKyeb, on 05 November 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

Any idea where to get the file please? Looks like the original hosted file is no longer available.

it's no longer available at the DNF museum?

Well, then we will have to chance the way ammo crates are working...

And what about changing the Duke Vision Overlay ? This one is a killer...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 05 November 2020 - 09:26 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 05 November 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Well, then we will have to chance the way ammo crates are working...

And what about changing the Duke Vision Overlay ? This one is a killer...

Changes to the duke vision will happen to make it not suck ass.

User is offline   stumppy84 

Oh boy, can’t wait.

Well, as Civvie himself mentionned it, the blue overlay is blinding white every single time you watch even the most unsignificant light source... and also when you activate it (this one is the most brutal)

I think the "terminator red" overlay would be much better, I experiment it right now in the new game mode for Terminator Resistance : "Infiltrator", it reminds the view you have when you play the multiplayer mode of Terminator Skynet with a terminator...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 06 November 2020 - 10:02 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 06 November 2020 - 09:56 AM, said:

Well, as Civvie himself mentionned it, the blue overlay is blinding white every single time you watch even the most unsignificant light source... and also when you activate it (this one is the most brutal)

I think the "terminator red" overlay would be much better, I experiment it right now in the new game mode for Terminator Resistance : "Infiltrator", it reminds the view you have when you play the multiplayer mode of Terminator Skynet with a terminator...

red is absolutely terrible, using it for extended periods of time strains your eyes.
Green ala NVG is a far better pick, especially because our eyes are more sensitive to green light: the human eye can distinguish more shades of green than any other color. I should note though that Duke Vision is less a filter and more a light that duke's glasses spawn, which is why stuff like the devastator lightex isn't turned blueish and keeps its distinctive yellow color.
I should also note that part of the reason why it's so blinding is because it's too bright a color, if you use darker shades, it doesn't brighten up the area as much. Dark green I found tends to work well, but you can also adjust the intensity of duke vision light per map (yeah it's done per map, handled in each map's levelinfo)

This post has been edited by Futuretime23: 06 November 2020 - 10:19 AM

So the real problem come from a setting poorly adjusted ?

View Postgemeaux333, on 07 November 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

So the real problem come from a setting poorly adjusted ?

A lack of polish really, is the true cause. It's a consistent problem that affects the entirety of DNF, in several different ways (i.e. the terrible truck controls, barely being able to swim underwater, this case, the bugballs in the hive blinding you when using duke vision due to an internal setting, and yes that will be removed before you ask, etc)

Any chance of a level editor being unlocked?

Would be great if the vehicles could drive more like in Borderlands games (more realistic gravity and stick more to the terrain), and especially have a gun mounted on the monstertruck because having to ram enemies to kill them is a pain in the grass...

Unfortunately no beavis, no chances of a level editor being unlocked.

Gemeaux, I have plans to alter the vehicle handling but I don't think I'm gonna take borderlands as a template.
I cannot add guns to the truck, unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Futuretime23: 11 November 2020 - 03:51 AM

I said that because even the Borderlands 1 template for vehicles is much better than the one of DNF, I figured it out after having played extensively at Borderlands 1 and then playing DNF again, and I saw the difference...
If you can't add guns, then can we have the ego regen back for vehicles only ? Because there is plenty of unavoidable damages you get this way...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 November 2020 - 09:48 AM

View PostFuturetime23, on 11 November 2020 - 03:51 AM, said:

Unfortunately no beavis, no chances of a level editor being unlocked.

Gemeaux, I have plans to alter the vehicle handling but I don't think I'm gonna take borderlands as a template.
I cannot add guns to the truck, unfortunately.

Figures. I can't believe how stiffed we were with the core game.

Once the DNFO mod comes out I'll make a thread for its release, separate from this one.
I'll dump a lot of variable offset location stuff here once things are done and over with.

I wondered if it would be possibe to scroll the weapons with mouse wheel again using this mod, because my friend geomancien have problems with the keys to chose weapons ?

View Postgemeaux333, on 28 November 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

I wondered if it would be possibe to scroll the weapons with mouse wheel again using this mod, because my friend geomancien have problems with the keys to chose weapons ?

unfortunately that's not possible by default because the mouse wheel logic is coded to look for primaryweapons and not regular weapons.
One solution however is to use an autohotkey script to replicate this function as a user named coler demonstrated to me. I'm thinking of including coler's work in the mod's full release along with the launcher to make it easier to access.

ok, another issue geomancien is reporting and am experiencing too is : using pipebombs cause you to get to the mighty fists instead of the weapon you had before using them,
...the mighty fists also come when you scroll with mouse wheel as its the only weapon that come up this way... i suppose that to fix this on the short term you just have to unbind it (if its an issue) ?

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 29 November 2020 - 09:41 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 29 November 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

ok, another issue geomancien is reporting and am experiencing too is : using pipebombs cause you to get to the mighty fists instead of the weapon you had before using them,
...the mighty fists also come when you scroll with mouse wheel as its the only weapon that come up this way... i suppose that to fix this on the short term you just have to unbind it (if its an issue) ?

yeah, for the latter that's the only option. If you have no primary weapons, the game defaults to the fists when you use mouse wheel.
for the former, it's kinda weird - the game does remember to put the weapon you were using back after you use a pipe/trip but it seems like there's a huge delay if it's not a primary weapon, so it often ends up either giving you the fists or a weapon you used way earlier but not the one you were currently carrying.
It's something I'm looking into and don't fully understand yet admitedly.

it happen most frequently when using the RPG as current weapon, although its not systematic...

When it comes to the RPG, i think completely removing the target locking isn't a good idea, using partial lock (yellow crossair) would be a better move as even Lo Wang use heat seeker rockets with his rocket launcher...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 30 November 2020 - 12:20 PM

Share this topic:

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options