Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC 3.6 released! - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC 3.6 released!  "Now with Polymost support!"

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 30 January 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

So I got a bunch of stuff to report, I Don't know if some are true glitches or not though. I also have 1 question at the very end.

First off, I confirm that the door in Arsia Mons with Sang is working now.

1_ In Providence, I've had an odd texture glitch after I switched to Sang in prison. I Don't know if this is due to having had the switch with James still wearing the Gas Mask though. The glitch showed up again in the ending cinematic when James mentions the Abyss Dimension. Attachment duke0001.png

2_ It seems as if the Tommy Gun temporary weapon has a glitch. You see, from the moment you have ammo for it, ANY Tommy Gun you pick will give you 0 ammo. But you've got no weapon then it will have 50. I had taken one with James, and I couldn't stack normal ammo for it. For these screens I tested the same with Sang thanks to a bit of luck. Attachment duke0003.png

3_ In the Cycloïd Mothership, the static Fighter was transparent. It also was transparent during the ending cinematic. Attachment duke0002.png
BTW, while playing City Under Siege, I sometimes had an AMC Footsoldier turn transparent, or even totally invisible because of them cancelling their teleportation animation, probably because the last enemy was killed meanwhile.

4_ In Zeta Base, ever since Ep3 was released, the button to crush the Beyonder is gone. Did you move it elsewhere ? Or is there Something broken ? Attachment duke0006.png

5_ In Arsia Mons, after you have defeated Trenton, the camera is still off-center. It doesn't show the building and the explosion. Attachment duke0007.png

6_ Lastly, I Don't know why but in Egypt, the door that leads to the Catacomb level is glitched, you end up in a black room. I Believe somebody had already reported that but it looks like the problem sprang back up meanwhile >_>

And BTW, in that EDF Mission in Florida, I think it's called Nellie's Zone or something. The secret door behind the couch is now a deathtrap. When the door closes behind you, instead of pushing you passed the couch, it crushes you between both. I know this is caused by a thing with recent EDuke snapshots, you've been talking about this in the Help section of the EDuke Modifications forum. I just wanted to let you know.

As for my question, it's about the EDF Mission called "Near Life Experience". How the heck do you obtain the Blue Keycard legitimately ? Ever since the release I just can't get it without either cheating or sequence-breaking with wall-jumps O_o

1 - Is another instance of per-map art tiles disappearing, been a longstanding issue and I'm still not sure what the exact cause is.
2 - May still exist, will look into it
3 - No idea what happened here
4 - Intentional.
6 - Already fixed as James said.

EDF Missions may be broken due to engine updates, will eventually check these and see what can be done.

So you say the "Near Life Experience" is broken ? That's too bad =(

BTW, I promise this is the very last bit for a very long while. I'll make use of that bug tracker next time I find Something (if that ever happens).

1_ The Cycloïd fighter that blasts the large wall in "Shellshocked" was transparent.

2_ During Micky's mission in Mesopotamia, I used the fully upgraded Metal Storm pistol against the power suit in the big factory … 2 Alt-Fire only !! it doesn't feel legit. Also I find it weird how the Fletchette Shells in general become 50 times more powerfull when used against such enemies O_o Is that normal ?

3_ The only match for a Russian strategist is another Russian strategist AND an Australian engineer ! >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 31 January 2020 - 03:28 AM

View PostTheDragonLiner, on 31 January 2020 - 03:28 AM, said:

So you say the "Near Life Experience" is broken ? That's too bad =(

BTW, I promise this is the very last bit for a very long while. I'll make use of that bug tracker next time I find Something (if that ever happens).

1_ The Cycloïd fighter that blasts the large wall in "Shellshocked" was transparent.

2_ During Micky's mission in Mesopotamia, I used the fully upgraded Metal Storm pistol against the power suit in the big factory … 2 Alt-Fire only !! it doesn't feel legit. Also I find it weird how the Fletchette Shells in general become 50 times more powerfull when used against such enemies O_o Is that normal ?

3_ The only match for a Russian strategist is another Russian strategist AND an Australian engineer ! >> Attachment duke0000.png

Yeah we discovered the bug with flechette ammo and other ammo types just yesterday, there's an exponential increase in damage for weapons where multiple projectiles hit the target in a short time span.
Should be fixed on our end now.

The Vilmos bug is known, the enemy isn't tagged properly hence the name shows up atm. Do wonder what's up with the voxel transparency though.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The voxel was simply tagged as being transparent, probably by accident. Since voxels can’t have transparency in classic, it was never picked up. However, since polymost converts them into models which can be transparent, it shows them this way.

There could probably be a mapster script which detects voxels and ensures there’s no transparency.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 31 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

User is offline   Jim 

I need some help build the AMC TC source, not sure which forum to put it in, but I made a thread here:

https://forums.duke4...s-custom-eduke/

If anyone could help me, it would be great. Thanks!

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options