Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Total Meltdown On Pc - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Total Meltdown On Pc

User is offline   Fluiquid 

I take a look at the psx version of duke 3d (which contains 2 episodes which aren't in the original duke 3d/atomic edition)

I'm trying to figure out if its possible to convert the files so they work with eDuke32 and other duke 3d ports.

All the map files are about 10x as big as the original map files, and instead of the map extension they are named pmp.
I scanned a file with some PSX file info tool, and it gave me this information:

Realtime 3D Animation data/motion envelopes <TOD>
TOD Version: 77
FPS: 9
Total # Frames: 1

I think this file contains more than only the map, so maybe there is a way to rip/extract the map from these files.

Currently i'm comparing the original E1L1.MAP with the psx E1L1.PMP file to look for any similarity's

Does anybody know something about this filetype or if its possible to convert those maps.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

No one has ever achieved any kind of conversion and it is considered impossible. Also, it only contains one new episode.

and that new episode is similar to the bonus episode on the pc version of dn 3d

User is offline   The_Duke 

View PostDuke3DGamer, on Feb 22 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

I've tried also but got nothing, i've also tried to put the files on cd, rename .map and try to play, but nothing (just a crazy try as a last resource), have you fond nothing?

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostDuke3DGamer, on Feb 23 2008, 02:13 AM, said:

Eh, no it's not.

As long it's done like DNF.This game is one of favorites of all Duke Nukems. I wanna play so BADLY!!!! (again)
Plug N Pray is the only episode thats new. The only difference of Total Meltdown's Hollywood Holocaust is the theater (Where it shows the movies and the armor hidden serect).
Instead of the Sister Act III and Attack of the Blonde Bleach IS replaced with Men IN Black and some other movie

View Postl Dante X01 l, on 05 July 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

As long it's done like DNF.This game is one of favorites of all Duke Nukems. I wanna play so BADLY!!!! (again)
Plug N Pray is the only episode thats new. The only difference of Total Meltdown's Hollywood Holocaust is the theater (Where it shows the movies and the armor hidden serect).
Instead of the Sister Act III and Attack of the Blonde Bleach IS replaced with Men IN Black and some other movie

And when I mean like DNF I mean completely finished

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Posted Image

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postl Dante X01 l, on 05 July 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

Well done on raising a DEAD thread, also thats the N64 version you are talking about.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Posted Image

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostDescent, on 12 July 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

(image)

Perfect Baseketball reference for this.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options