Duke4.net Forums: Some Predictions - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Some Predictions  "About DNF and 3DRealms"

User is offline   keiron 

I often find my predictions come true and I never provide evidence by writing them down beforehand. Here's a few predictions of mine that I think will come true.

1. In Duke Nukem Forever you'll be able to play Duke Nukem 3D (on its original engine) within the Duke Nukem game booths found in Duke Burger.

2. I suspect 3DRealms have a long-standing agreement with Gearbox allowing the option to buy back the rights to Duke Nukem Forever in the future. I don't know when. Considering the close personal tie Randy has to 3DRealms, it makes sense to me that this deal would be a possibility. Additionally, 3DRealms plan to only produce games from now on. Perhaps part of the agreement is that Gearbox will exclusively develop all games that are produced by 3DRealms. The development team for these future games? Triptych of course.

3. I suspect 3DRealms may have put an entire list of the usernames of the 3DRealms UBB somewhere in the game. There's so much attention paid to every single asset in that game that I am sure the names would have been added in their entirety somewhere. Makes me worry though, because I managed to get myself banned a day or two after the news was announced that 3DRealms laid off most of the company (I was understandably upset at the time!).

View Postkeiron, on 05 May 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

I often find my predictions come true and I never provide evidence by writing them down beforehand. Here's a few predictions of mine that I think will come true.

I always find my predictions to come true whether I provide evidence beforehand or not. Here's one prediction of mine that I know will come true.

I predict that none of your predictions posted above will come true.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 05 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View Postkeiron, on 05 May 2011 - 11:53 AM, said:

predictions

Cool story, bro.

User is offline   keiron 

lol this reputation feature is pretty harsh ;)

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

It can be... it just depends on how it is used. I guess some members don't see the thread/post as having any value to the site. I don't have any reaction to reading your post one way or the other. I don't think it takes away from the site and you don't seem to be telling anyone what to do, how to act, what to feel etc, which is why I give negatives sometimes. But like I said, that isn't how the system is used by everyone.
Maybe they just don't agree with you, so you get negatives?

There is a couple of threads about the Reputation system and its possible implications. The motivations for feedback was really interesting to me and dramatically different from my own reasoning.

It is a gaming site, so maybe there should be hidden power ups and armor for the members to use when they are getting attacked. ;)

MrBlackCat

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 06 May 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

It is a gaming site, so maybe there should be hidden power ups and armor for the members to use when they are getting attacked. ;)

You've gained +1 to your reputation for suggesting such an awesome idea! ;)

User is offline   ch108 

I predict that predictions can be both predictable and unpredictable, they can leave one in a bit of a predicament when their prediction turns out to be false.

Thanks for sharing though.

View Postkeiron, on 06 May 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

lol this reputation feature is pretty harsh ;)

There, I gave you 2 thumbs up, and now you're back to 0.

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 06 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

Ok, let's see what Mr.Deviance thinks about this; I don't do predictions, but this article hints a demo for FAC may come out may 10th, and have a multiplayer component:

http://www.sidequest...tions-answered/

"Duke Nukem multiplayer impressions to come – currently embargoed until the 11th."

How's that for a prediction? ;)

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 06 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

I was thinking on saying 11th after I read that this morning

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Postferran275, on 06 May 2011 - 08:31 AM, said:

You've gained +1 to your reputation for suggesting such an awesome idea! ;)

Hehehe... Maybe at least Rep-Armor will be part of the next version of the software since the reputation system seems to be "all the rage" these days. ;)

MrBlackCat

User is offline   LkMax 

So people still do random "predictions" today?

View PostFox Mulder, on 05 May 2011 - 10:44 PM, said:

Cool story, bro.

lol
Cool answer, bro.

View PostMrBlackCat, on 06 May 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

(...)

MrBlackCat

MrBlackCat for administrator!
;) (heheh)

This post has been edited by LkMax: 06 May 2011 - 05:34 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If people get to play Duke Nukem 3D within DNF, then I'm guessing it'll just be the shareware episode. I'm assuming this is the case because if it was the full game, then people would be less inclined to actually buy Duke 3D, and people would spend too much time actually playing Duke 3D rather than DNF.

Actually now that I think about it, Duke 3D wouldn't be on the build engine because Duke's already playing the new game about him (stadium level with cycloid emperor) and it's got proper 3D graphics.

User is offline   zwieback 

i predict that we will have the demo soon.

User is offline   Raziel 

Regarding no. 1 - Why do I get the feeling this has come up before, I'm pretty sure Randy was saying it's a cool idea but would take too much time to integrate the D3D code into DNF's engine. Also, just from me, the copyright issues here, especially now that 3DR owns D3D and GBX owns DNF, while both is being distributed under different publishers, lets just say it would be a nightmare from a legal standpoint. Still, I do admit it would be awesome.

User is offline   Raziel 

View Postzwieback, on 07 May 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

i predict that we will have the demo soon.

Yes, you might be right with your predition there ;), I can even clarify further by saying it will be somewhere between now and June 14th.

• Honored Donor

View PostRaziel, on 07 May 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Yes, you might be right with your predition there ;), I can even clarify further by saying it will be somewhere between now and June 14th.

I can clarify further still by saying that it will be somewhere between now and June 10th.

• Honored Donor

Yes we're aware of both release dates. Some of us have been waiting around here many years for a release date, it's not something we're soon going to forget ;)

Besides, most people in the world live outside the USA so it makes sense to get it to most people earlier rather than make the majority wait (even though ideally everyone would get it at the same time.) And you'd think they'd release the demo before the first release date, not inbetween the international release and the US release, so my prediction is still valid. They're not going to release the demo everywhere except North America are they? ;)

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMicky C, on 08 May 2011 - 01:34 AM, said:

And you'd think they'd release the demo before the first release date, not inbetween the international release and the US release, so my prediction is still valid.

You know, I was scratching my head for a while over that one before I made my post, I figured, okay, go for the 14th just to be safe ;).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options