Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

Starting work on a new map, I've fiddled around and scaled down from the original idea. It's quite bland right now as I am playing with sliding doors and I am unable to place sprites properly.

Posted Image
Edit: Replaced image, the old one is here; http://img163.images...36/comproom.jpg < sux

This time I want to go a bit more Sci-Fi/Industrial, I am thinking that I want it to be remeniscent of something you would see in Captain Scarlet or something.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 14 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've also been fiddling around in mapster creating random stuff. If this ever turns into a level I'll probably call it something like Lineality as the player will basically be moving forward through different sections, killing the aliens, then moving forward again.

Posted Image

Possibly the last shots you will see of this room;
Posted ImagePosted Image

This map will not be Polymer exclusive like my last one... That does not mean that I won't be bending the engine though, we'll see if I can do some sloped RoR without Polymer or Sector Effectors, muahahahahaaa (Goes off to discover that this is definitely not possible). The room you are seeing is supposed to come near the end of the map along with a lot of explosions (hence the lower sprite count then I would like, though the room still needs some decoration) - I have never designed back-to-front before so this could all go wrong. What you are looking at in the room is meant to be an old mainframe that slightly resembles some of the DEC PDP systems that used to be in service in the 1960's, if you look up DEC PDP-10 on Google Images you should see what I am trying to go for, I do not intend to copy it's appearence exactly.

Think I should break out the Athlon XP and get to work on my 2nd Polymer tricks tutorial video soon.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 15 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Finished the 3rd level about 26 hours ago now working on the fourth level.
the big city.
So some shots may come soon.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostZaxtor, on Feb 16 2011, 08:15 PM, said:

the big city.

Cool, you really gotta start making more city maps! Wasn't there just one in Oblivion, and even that turned into some kind of a temple map after a while.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Was the stripper town.

Seen in E3L1 and E4L1.

In the mod I'm working there will be .
Level 4, the big city.
Level 5, the control base which is the other part of the city and you head to some kind of a tower or building like base to open some door to go underground. Pass several levels and then reach the core of the planet.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 16 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

User is offline   Mark 

High Treason:

A while back I made animated versions of 4 of the tech panel screens you are using in those pics.

If you would like to use them, send a PM with your email address and I can send you the files.

K, i have been spending the past 2 days, about 10 hours of sloping sectors in my nature map. The sloping i did made some very good and soft looking hills to give the floor a touch of love ;) it's about 1000 sectors that all had to be sloped.
Tommorow i am going to add sprites to the nature level xD If you see the level in 2D view you will see 1000 triangles clumped together xD

User is offline   Sebastian 

I'll have my (first?) usermap out in about a week from now.

Posted Image

It will require Attrition or the balance will be shot to hell.

I've been fiddling with the RoR feature, but it keeps going buggy, so I will probably not include it if the map ever gets finished unless I find a way to get it working properly.
Posted Image Posted Image

I am quite pleased with my reactor though, it does, of course, go boom. I am also concentrating on keeping frame rate high in Polymer, though as I said before, it won't be Polymer exclusive like last time. I probably won't post any more shots for a while now.

@Marked; Thanks for the offer, I'll think about it, my only worry is that I feel the custom content is what hurt my previous map among other things, however, textures weigh considerably less than models, so I may well want the files at a later time when I have given it some more thought, the funny thing is, I found the textures and thought to my self "Huh? I thought these were animated?".

@Sebastian; Always good to see new mappers showing up, I shall look forward to the release.

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostSebastian, on Feb 16 2011, 10:40 PM, said:

I'll have my (first?) usermap out in about a week from now.

It will require Attrition or the balance will be shot to hell.

So first usermap eh?

Never itĀ“s too late Rusty Nails ;)

User is offline   Scott_AW 

Its like rooms over rooms fever.

I learned a cheap method can be used from Dukeplus

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gPBBXTa-kfo

Water 'reflecting' the sky.

At this point the second map is about 75% done, have the entrance of the 4th map started.

Decided to dig up a very VERY old project from the early days. Had let this go because I decided to make it a mod for DN4E which allegedly right around the corner based on the screenshots...........oops.

After a brief period of trying to do this in Doom 3, it was quite clear that modding games had become far too complicated for me to ever have any hope of finishing it on my own (and I hate trying to coordinate whole teams of people with a finite amount of free time). So, I've decided to take another crack at it as a mod for the game I originally had in mind.

Here's a screenshot of my little room that I had done up from way back for testing sprites and weapons, now running on Eduke32.

Hopefully just from the pic, someone can tell what the mod is going to be.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 16 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Some kind of Tron mod? I have no idea really. I haven't even seen the tron movies or anything ;)

Does look kind of tronish, looks nice.

User is offline   CruX 

I approve. Looks killer!

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Cool!!!!

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

@wayskobfssae: Can't tell what it's from but it sure is different!

As for me, I've been asked by a member of Mod DB to be the voice of Duke for his mod. Finishing up the lines he gave me to record along with some of my original Duke lines. It's a Quakeish mod and you can find out more at:

http://www.moddb.com...-quake/#1930308

User is offline   Stabs 

that evil place is back ;)

Attached Image: eduke32_2011_02_19_10_02_57_64.jpg

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Wow...
I'm really looking forward to the next WGR2 release

User is offline   Gambini 

Looks neat! I see uneven fog though, seems like some sectors have fog pal while others donĀ“t. The problem with fog is that you have to use equal shade and vis values to not screw it up.

User is offline   Stabs 

yes the fog can be tricky to work with but i have to do this map with speed, and hopefully get it released with this wgr update, i will get the best i can and just give it little tweaks later.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Awesome!!!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=7WcR1knUDZs

Updated the font, you can read it now.

Also, I'm finally taking Deeperthought's suggestion to redo how my water falls look, I think I've just about got it down, will have either some screenshots or a video soon.

I also found that if I project my water spritz particles with GUTS instead of DEBRIS I get a shorter discharge and a nice arc.

The new font looks a lot better xD

For those who were guessing, yes, the screenshot was indeed for a TRON mod.

View PostDanM, on Feb 18 2011, 06:06 PM, said:

that evil place is back ;)

Attachment eduke32_...02_57_64.jpg

Love love love the Escher-esque architecture, and the fiery background.

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 20 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Working on making things in advanced levels so when I possibly make a trailer for my mod we see those parts.
Working on the boss of the Steel Mill. which is taking for ever to make.

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 20 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

The boss of the steel mill sounds horrifying xD i will wait patiently for the trailer ;)

Ive been doing some shading on my first outdoor nature level. Prepared for the floor to get sloped. Sloped the shading of the wall. Tommorow or maybe a little time today i will start sloping the ground of the map.

User is offline   Stabs 

i love you fog

Attached Image: FOGGY.jpg

User is offline   Plagman 

• Former VP of Media Operations

BTW, I heard someone talking about problems when fog was combined with lights? Any chance I can get a map where that happens?

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options