Duke4.net Forums: What are you working on for Duke right now? - Duke4.net Forums

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What are you working on for Duke right now?  "Post about whatever Duke related stuff you're doing"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I've decided I will put polymer lights in my map, since everyone's taken the trouble to explain it, it's the least I can do, but I can't figure out how to get polymer running in mapster32. Is there a parameter or console command I can use?

This post has been edited by Micky C: 15 January 2010 - 11:09 PM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

console command, setrendermode 4
To see the lights in 3D mode press ' + X

User is offline   Juras 

View PostTX, on Dec 5 2009, 11:16 AM, said:

Okay, I didn't want to say anything SPECIFIC until the first test over the Internet was performed, but now it has (and it was successful), so, here it is...

I coded true client/server multiplayer.

It features in-game joining.

It never goes out of sync, because it doesn't use a sync based system.

This is currently a prototype, but the code is now in svn, so you can be 1000% sure (not a typo) I'm making good on my claims, just like everything else I've dared to run my mouth about in the past.

More information forthcoming.

Hah, if it succeeds then it will be another step in the history of Duke.Pity it didnt happen earlier, each migration of players makes people move away from Duke.We've got so many events which confirms this...kali,dukesterx and now it's time for yang/meltdown(with xduke) to shutdown?!
For hardcore xduke players would be hard used to eduke gameplay but in my opinion they could do it like they could accept xduke when dos duke gone.
Watch out eDukers we are comming! ;D

This post has been edited by Juras: 19 January 2010 - 06:26 AM

User is offline   Todd 

View PostThe Commander, on Jan 16 2010, 12:18 AM, said:

To add to the above post,
To edit most of them options you need to highlight the SE and press F8 in 2D mode.
Also, changing the OWNER member for the spotlight can give really nice looking effects if done correctly.
e.g. Change it to 9000 or 9001 if you have the Polymer HRP.
You can also define any other tile numbers.

This can be used to emulate a projector or similar.

EDIT: This might also explain why the flashlight in Fusion Redux displays the APLAYER sprite as IIRC the code changes the lights owner member to the APLAYER spawning the light.

I never realized this--that explains why many lights in my maps are putting funny textures on the floor and walls.

View PostTodd, on Jan 21 2010, 11:04 AM, said:

I never realized this--that explains why many lights in my maps are putting funny textures on the floor and walls.

Unless you have modified code for your map that changes the owner member of the lights then that should not be happening.

If the owner member is left at -1 it will produce the no funny overlay.

User is offline   Mark 

Speaking of -1, I'm having a brain fart. I forgot how to enter in a negative number.

View PostMarked, on Jan 21 2010, 01:10 PM, said:

Speaking of -1, I'm having a brain fart. I forgot how to enter in a negative number.

Press the numbers you want to be negative. then press " - " (One beside the backspace key)

• Honored Donor

This thread has gone along slowly lately so I might as well post some more pics of my map. I've started implementing dynamic lights.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This one's a bit outdated, I've changed the white lights (if you can spot them) to orange.

Posted Image
I've also added this room between the lava area and the office-maze as a kind of lobby, it's also quite interactive, like the locker room.

Posted Image
and I've finally started adding office touches to the office (that's all I've done so far, I'll have to add more to that, and then start on the rest of the office ;))

Since I'm still a student and the summer holidays are almost over (that's right, I'm in the southern hemisphere, you have 3 guesses at where I am) I probably won't be able to work on it during the year, but I look forward to picking it up again next summer holidays. Hopefully the polymer renderer will be more stable and efficient by then.

User is offline   Spiker 

I know it's all still WIP but you could really fix this texture with the vent before taking a screenshot ;)

Press I think, 1 or maybe it's 2 on the wall where the vent is. Either on the top of it or the bottom.
Then you will be able to move the textures of the walls as two individual pieces instead of one, that way you can line it up correctly.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Commander, on Jan 21 2010, 02:28 PM, said:

Press I think, 1 or maybe it's 2 on the wall where the vent is. Either on the top of it or the bottom.
Then you will be able to move the textures of the walls as two individual pieces instead of one, that way you can line it up correctly.

Eh, howabout just pressing "o"?

View PostMikko_Sandt, on Jan 22 2010, 01:32 AM, said:

Eh, howabout just pressing "o"?

Bah, I'm getting to old to remember all these keys.

• Honored Donor

Lol I post up some pics (of which I thought the second one in particular looked cool), said I might not get to work on it for a year, and all the posts after it are about how to fix the overlooked texture. Well since it's such a hot topic, I might as well respond to it. That bit was kind of weird since I'd been messing around with it before, so I just got rid of the hole in the wall, remade it, and then pressed the 'o' fixing it so it looks normal.

The thing is, when I get around to fine tuning it, I'm probably going to re-texture that room anyway ;)

User is offline   Stabs 

something a bit different, a behind the screens look at an eternity map

on the left, all the levels quotes so far and how they are layed out, and on the right, some very heavy use of polymer sector over sector

Attached Image: eternitymap.png

User is offline   Sobek 

• There's coffee in that nebula!

That's beautiful ;)

• Honored Donor

Should be interesting to see what build's capable of these days with maps like that ;)

User is offline   Stabs 

with polymer, all these new duke plus effects, and the dukebike of course, eternity is shaping up to a really professional level of quality, it feels like a 2000 - 2001 sort of game now.

View PostDanM, on Jan 24 2010, 01:20 PM, said:

something a bit different, a behind the screens look at an eternity map

Too much aliased to distinguish anything, but still cool to see some kick-ass mapping. Finally Duke's getting proper 3D-ness. ;)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Posted Image

• Honored Donor

LOL Patrick has an RPG. Looking good, is it for a future Duke mod?

lol, what the hell.

User is offline   Spiker 

Tea Monster: Your employer has strange sexual preferences ;)

User is offline   Jaxx 

Patrick is so cool ><
Would be amazing to play as him in duke 3D ;)

Wow, it definitely would be great to employ such characters in a SquarePants TC. xD

This post has been edited by CraigFatman: 26 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I thought that everyone would be making Quake Ranger and similar themed player characters, so I did Patrick as a player replacement. The idea is that someone would code some kind of front-end menu to be able to change player models.

The idea is to make deathmatching a bit more fun.

@Spiker - ???? I'm not disputing this, I just want to know if you saw the same things I did.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 26 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

User is offline   Stabs 

Here is a cut scene and how they are going to work with Eternity

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iTlKAUfXYQw

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostDanM, on Jan 30 2010, 02:26 PM, said:

Here is a cut scene and how they are going to work with Eternity

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iTlKAUfXYQw

That's cool! But I was hoping you would also show one with a moving camera.

User is offline   Stabs 

i would of liked to, but currently all my moving cams are a bit to spoilish at the moment, rest assured the intro level will make use of it ;)

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostDanM, on Jan 30 2010, 07:04 PM, said:

i would of liked to, but currently all my moving cams are a bit to spoilish at the moment, rest assured the intro level will make use of it :P

Saving the good stuff for later on I see. ;)

User is offline   Stabs 

not entirely sure what i will do as an intro, but i am sure i will think of something cool

Share this topic:

• 361 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options