• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I love this game (this is the only early access game I ever bought) and going to be sincere, the name isn't as good as the original, honestly it's so-so which I personally expected. Fuck Iron Maiden for that, by the way.

Anyway, the rest seems to be really promising, the piano also has a potential to become a meme. However, my biggest concern is the date, I really hope you guys aren't pushing it, the last thing the game needs is to be rushed.

User is offline   lamduck 

I like the new name. The trailer looks amazing, already bought the Limited Edition and just got the Big Box too, you guys deserve the support for your work!

User is offline   NNC 

Excellent choice for the name. Iron Maiden now go fuck themselves.

User is offline   NNC 

Also the trailer is great. Too bad about the release date. I'm flying to Moscow on 16th August for a week.

User is online   Mark 

I see the Founders Edition is sold out. How much was it?

Warning: badass content detected, you may be stunned.

Old school game, badass character, fast paced, explosions, Boom Boom, KaBoom, Boom again, big guns, gore, freaking nice level design, one liners...
DAMN, this looking GOOD, I like Big Games and i cannot lie!

View PostBlitZ, on 11 July 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Not crazy about the name change but excited for release and the game looks great.

There is a comment on Youtube:

View PostQuote said:

Somebody put out a mod that turns it into Ion Maiden again.

If it come out for real i'll add it for sure!
Tradermarks!? FFS.

User is offline   Outtagum 

I was really hoping for 'Ion Bitch'. Oh well.

I bought it on Steam last year and just preordered the new Big Box. I'm ready. :D

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMark, on 11 July 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I see the Founders Edition is sold out. How much was it?

Sold out last year wasn't it? It was $99.

User is online   Mark 

I just joined up with GOG and ordered the game right away because it mentions a price increase on the 18th of this month. After making payment my account shows I can download 2 versions. Ion Fury and the demo Ion Maiden. If I click on the Ion Fury button will it tell me the download is available after the official release date? Or will some other version download start? Sorry for the noob question.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I would hold on to the demo with the old name. If not, better d/l it now for your archives. It might be pulled and re-released with the rebranding.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 11 July 2019 - 10:02 AM

User is offline   SonicB00M 

Gotta say, that billboard made me laugh :D

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Hawke 

To echo what others have said, it looks great. Seriously looking forward to release day.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostEchelon5, on 11 July 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Super turbo hyped for this and I'll gladly give my money (again, for the big box!) to support it but CHRIST why did you guys have to keep the fire bullets for the SMG. It looks and sounds so BAD.

I like the fire bullets, it makes you see your projectiles so you can lead your shots properly. Game design, son.

User is offline   Master O 

View PostThe Watchtower, on 11 July 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

Also the trailer is great. Too bad about the release date. I'm flying to Moscow on 16th August for a week.

Are you colluding with the Russians? :D

User is online   Mark 

View PostNightFright, on 11 July 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

I would hold on to the demo with the old name. If not, better d/l it now for your archives. It might be pulled and re-released with the rebranding.

But what about the other game file? When I click on it I see Ion Fury update 4.1 and 51MB in size. If I download that without using their Galaxy client will I be able to download the full version when it releases? Or did I just buy pre-release version 4.1 only? I didn't download it yet. I know I look stupid but this online game purchasing is new to me.

This post has been edited by Mark: 11 July 2019 - 11:55 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

If you bought Ion Fury you own Ion Fury and will get the full game when it comes out. Period.

User is online   Mark 

Whew. Thanks. I'm not going to download and play anything until the full version is out.

This post has been edited by Mark: 11 July 2019 - 12:44 PM

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

The new name's a little mediocre, but I guess at least Iron Maiden's got pretty much nothing to sue for now whether they still want to or not. Hopefully it'll be a bit of a slap in the face to Iron Maiden's legal team :D

Groovy trailer! This game will kick ass.

The Truth 3D Realms doesn't want you knowing about
Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

So there is a 3rd person mode, another reason why the character design sucks ass and swallows.

But the game itself looks good, the music is cool and the level design is top notch.
Still not liking Shelly's voice or lines though, they just don't have any personality or style to them, just sounds like a normal female VA saying Build Era one liners.

Still I guess it won't be a total let down as 3DR's final game.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I like the new title and I think it's an improvement over the old one. If you are going to acknowledge the gender of the protagonist, "fury" is better than "maiden"; after all, the furies in greek mythology were female deities dedicated to vengeance.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

View PostMark, on 11 July 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

But what about the other game file? When I click on it I see Ion Fury update 4.1 and 51MB in size. If I download that without using their Galaxy client will I be able to download the full version when it releases? Or did I just buy pre-release version 4.1 only? I didn't download it yet. I know I look stupid but this online game purchasing is new to me.

There is already a new demo version? Well, I guess it's just the renaming, nothing else. 3DR still has IonMaiden_Preview-1.0u4.zip, of course - even though the image above already shows the new title. What else.

Anyway, gotta say that trailer made me really hyped for the game even more. I have a similar feeling of anticipation as I used to have back in 1996 before Duke3D was released. It's like a re-release of the game, but with new levels, new weapons, much more interaction, more sophisticated gameplay mechanics... ah hell, just everything bigger, better and even more enjoyable. August 15, guys, August 15! This time it's a DATE!

This post has been edited by NightFright: 12 July 2019 - 12:10 AM

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostNightFright, on 12 July 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

There is already a new demo version? Well, I guess it's just the renaming, nothing else. 3DR still has IonMaiden_Preview-1.0u4.zip, of course - even though the image above already shows the new title. What else.
There's no new demo update on Steam - yet anyway. They just changed the game name on the store and library.

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostSonicB00M, on 11 July 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Gotta say, that billboard made me laugh :D

I may be nitpicking (which I feel lame about for a first post in this thread), but if you guys are even worried about the credibility of the translation to the point of even getting such little jokes correct, then I thought I'd let you know "odeur de police de porc" sounds slightly weird in French, especially the "police de porc" bit isn't quite correct - I think "police porcine" would be a more appropriate expression there. You could also replace "odeur" by "parfum" or "fragrance" for something more pseudo-sophisticated as odeur is literally smell, but Pig Cops probably smell so if anything that bit can totally make sense. Not that I'd expect anybody to care about fixing one little mistake in one joke texture though, and it's also kind of charming.

Haven't posted earlier due to being rather disconnected from the gaming community in general but I've been following this project for a while and I'm excited for it - really impressive work from everyone - might be the first game I buy in years and honestly looking forward to how it's probably going to give a second life to the Build engine and its community in general; I'm interested to see how a new generation of players who wouldn't have touched the engine otherwise are going to try and reinterpret it, decades later, after Ion Fury introduces them to it.

Best of luck!

This post has been edited by ck3D: 12 July 2019 - 03:03 AM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 11 July 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

I like the new title and I think it's an improvement over the old one. If you are going to acknowledge the gender of the protagonist, "fury" is better than "maiden"; after all, the furies in greek mythology were female deities dedicated to vengeance.

I just miss the pun, but yeah, it's not the worst name. Kinda reminds me of those abstract, yet descriptive Japanese titles.

User is offline   Echelon5 

View PostZaxx, on 11 July 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

I like the fire bullets, it makes you see your projectiles so you can lead your shots properly. Game design, son.

You can have tracer rounds without the dopey looking fire effect hit an enemy sprite and then fall straight to the ground. Visual and kinetic feedback, son. :D

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You also have a crosshair, no reason to lead your shots.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostNinjakitty, on 11 July 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hopefully it'll be a bit of a slap in the face to Iron Maiden's legal team :D

The real slap in the face would be 3DR winning the lawsuit. Would take too much time though, so probably wouldn't worth it, at least not now.

View Postthricecursed, on 12 July 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

Kinda reminds me of those abstract, yet descriptive Japanese titles.

Hardly lol
Spoiler

The secret is simple: lack of good English skills. Devs are using various English words mainly because it sounds cool, though sometimes there are some references here and there, not too often.

On an unrelated note it's time to get a bit autistic.
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 12 July 2019 - 05:25 AM

User is offline   Master O 

Voidpoint has to spoof Iron Maiden's rapacious lawyers in some way, either in Ion Fury or a future FPS they make.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options