• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Being Put To Pasture?

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostForge, on 21 June 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

Hilarious how most people forgot that Trump was a media darling, friend of the Democrats, and a popular Hollywood/TV/music personality prior to 2016.
Then he won a competition against a vagina and all that changed. He went from an intelligent well liked person to a toxic idiot.

I didn't forget. I thought it was highly baffling how people suddenly changed tunes about him overnight and acted as if he was always horrible. Felt like I crossed over to an alternate reality.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostTea Monster, on 21 June 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

Let's put an insane narcissist with the intellectual and emotional abilities of a 10 year old into the White House. What could go wrong?

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

User is offline   Mark 

"crash and burn" = facepalm

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I'm actually glad that he's made your government more ineffective as it probably saves us a few years before the next democrat starts a war with Russia. Kinda don't need that in my life right now. You people probably don't know about this, but for some reason our local NATO base went on high alert on the eve of the 2016 election and jets with ever greater intensity fly over my house every week. That never used to happen and now there's this air of tension like we're gonna have a war at any moment.

What I really blame for this is not any president, though, but the military-industrial complex. It's the literal fucking shadow government. And either way Trump can't just go against the intelligence community and all his advisors forever. It's foolish to think that one guy can change anything, but he probably bought us some time, which should be used to raise awareness of the real dangers of all this unchecked power and to do something before the next guy starts an all out nuclear war. Let me rephrase that: before the next guy is helpless to prevent an all out nuclear war (whether due to threats or shitty information, etc).

I've posted this before, but it's worth posting again:

And just for laughs:

Trump on Wikileaks

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postthricecursed, on 21 June 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

I'm actually glad that he's made your government more ineffective as it probably saves us a few years before the next democrat starts a war with Russia.

The Democrats do not want a war with Russia. They are using the Russians as a way of discrediting their domestic enemies (mainly Trump, who made it easy for them to do so). It's funny because I have liberal friends who never had a problem with the Russians prior to the 2016 election, and now they are the cold warriors lol while Republicans are generally chill with Russians. But neither party establishment wants any serious conflict with Russia, it's more about manipulating public opinion here. The Russians of course have operations to manipulate our public opinion too, but that's on us for being so easy to manipulate imo.

• banned!

Thanks for ignoring my links. What I'm talking about is just a historical continuation of this tendency: https://en.wikipedia...n_regime_change

I said democrats, but it doesn't really matter. Just more likely at this point to be a democrat. How Clinton was seen in Russia: https://foreignpolic...vladimir-putin/

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

U.S. involvement in regime change is the only reason Europe isn't run by commie governments today.

This post has been edited by Gaydar: 21 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postthricecursed, on 21 June 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Thanks for ignoring my links. What I'm talking about is just a historical continuation of this tendency

I wasn't "ignoring" your links, I simply elected to reply to only one small part of your post because I don't want to get into a big discussion about the military industrial complex. But since you insist: the Democrats will have their hands full with their domestic policy agenda. They want government funded healthcare for everyone, increased environmental regulations and other very costly stuff at a time when we are making huge interest payments on a colossal national debt. The idea that there will be enough money to start a major military conflict too is pretty absurd.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

H Clinton is bought and paid for by the Muslim Brotherhood & Saudi Arabia. (the same entities that own twitter)
Of course she's going to sabre-rattle at Iran & Russia, that's what she was paid to do.

It's all for show.

The rich Dems have their holdings in tech, entertainment, and insurance
The rich Reps have their holdings in auto / oil and wholesale (costco/walmart)

Saudi already has the Reps in their exxon pocket, they were simply hedging their bets by raining cash on the top Dem.
They like buying US weapons on the cheap so they can slaughter Yemeni children by the dozen.

This post has been edited by Forge: 21 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Maybe what Duke needs to bring him back from the pasture is a crossover with Shaft:

https://youtu.be/7mAdu4mp-6g?t=59

sample review (NOT the youtuber linked above)
"Shaft (2019) is undoubtedly one of the most problematic and worst ever reboots to have ever existed in film. It's extremely sexist, racist, homophobic, and boasts a toxic masculine tone that goes both unpunished and rewarded." -- Rendy Jones

Rotten Tomatoes score - 31%
Audience score - 94%
(as of June 22)

But what would the crossover be called? And would it be a movie, or a video game?

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

The only structures/fractions/organizations that could start nuclear war are probably terrorists, but even then I doubt they would do that too, especially considering they're just paid mercenaries that follow instructions of certain powers.

Nuclear weapon exist just to scare others, nothing more, it was for the show since the days USA nuked Japan. The thing is, nukes would completely destroy infrastructure so it would be impossible to use all the valuable resources an "enemy" land could provide and profit is the biggest point of wars. It's more convenient just to use regular bombs if you want to make things clean fast, so it would not damage land infrastructure beyond repair.

I was addressing the "any" government position, but you already knew what I was talking about.

I guess I should have said "except for president" position or even "except for some positions". I didn't mean "literally" by saying "any", America is democratic and bureaucratic country after all. If in Japan only PM would be prohibited to have dual citizenship and the rest would be allowed to have it, things would be very different since PM is not the only person that runs the country.

Hilarious how most people forgot that Trump was a media darling, friend of the Democrats, and a popular Hollywood/TV/music personality prior to 2016.
Then he won a competition against a vagina and all that changed. He went from an intelligent well liked person to a toxic idiot.

People forgot (or don't know) many things, especially the fact that he's not the only person that govern the country. From what I learned Trump is pretty much a Democrat himself and I believe he always wanted to represent them on elections, the reason he went with Republicans was Hillary as far as I remember. Anyway, the brainwashed people are completely irrelevant, after all MSM never acknowledge his real problems and you could argue it's very intentional.

Trump is okay.

Pretty much, in fact, I'd say that I'm much more satisfied with Abe than I would be with Trump if Japan had him. For one, if I had to fight Israeli wars I definitely would retire from the military.

View PostGaydar, on 21 June 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

U.S. involvement in regime change is the only reason Europe isn't run by commie governments today.

But EU is pretty much USSR 2.0 at this point.

US involvement in regime change (or to be specific CIA involvement) was usually quite bad for the countries where those changes happened and the only countries that benefited from it were Israel and US (just to make it clear, I'm not talking about average people, in case it really have to be clarified since it's obvious what I mean). It really have nothing to do with commies, otherwise even US itself would be clean from antifa, retarded marxists, SJW or other commie scum and all of them are also financed by various organizations or people that are located in US too, i.e. George Soros.

• banned!

The issue with nukes is the video none of you cared to watch. Those NATO missile systems are threatening Russia's first strike capability and once that's gone, I doubt Putin will be able to justify not reacting. He's not as much of a despot as people claim, there is always an inner circle and you kinda need all the generals on your side as well. Look, I basically think some of these people who run your country (and not Trump, more like CIA and god knows who or what else) are fucking insane. Lybia was insane. Syria was a massive provocation that could've ended in a larger war. Many say it was a test to see how far Russia would go to defend it's interests. Thankfully it looks like Putin and Trump both were able to stop things from escalating there, but I also see Trump's "flip flopping" on issues as evidence of the deep state apparatus asserting itself. They can always pull a JFK if he doesn't play ball (doesn't even need to be public, there are so many ways to kill somebody).

BTW, does anyone remember Syriza? The left wing party of Greece that was meant to stop all the bailouts that were putting the country further in debt? Their former finance minister spoke openly about untraceable phone calls received by his inner cabinet, threatening family members if they went through with their plan. That's realpolitik for you.

Edit: From the guy who started the CIA: https://www.zerohedg...-was-destroying

"Now, as nearly as I can make out, those fellows in the CIA don’t just report on wars and the like, they go out and make their own, and there’s nobody to keep track of what they’re up to. They spend billions of dollars on stirring up trouble so they’ll have something to report on. They’ve become … it’s become a government all of its own and all secret. They don’t have to account to anybody,” - Harry Truman

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 22 June 2019 - 01:29 AM

I see where you're coming from, but I also would not say that military has a power too, I mean military is still just a tool. In fact even CIA along with other agencies is just an instrument. It's really much more complicated than that, shadow government is run by a different kind of people, the ones that are very rich and of course influential.

Syria situation is also very complicated, it brought on all of us a lot of various shit too, perhaps even more than previous CIA attempts at creating revolutions, including infamous refugee crisis that greatly affected Europe mostly.

There is massive war going on, but for the most part it's information or even economical war (the safest kind of wars to the ones that started it). However, the biggest reason there is no direct, "official massive old school war" is the people themselves though (including the army), this conflict is not really justified to the people at all, I mean "officially" both Russia and USA are involved to fight terrorism, yet they're pretty much are playing cat mouse games with each other while politicians, diplomats and other officials also throwing at each other passive-aggressive comments that sounds very provoking at times.

The official heat would cause people to complain (in fact nobody like this war at all, including military of both USA and Russia) and eventually those complains would be followed by civil wars in many countries, including US and that war American shadow government would completely lose. This is one of the main reasons why they're all trying to be very careful and pretend like there is no real war happening there, that the military is fighting just some local conflicts with ISIS (which is in fact a CIA tool used to create artificial revolutions).

The same thing would happen if US decide to start official war with Iran too, actually. US is trying to get other countries on its side to deal with Iran, but no one really wants to fight Israeli wars, not American people nor people of other countries. Until majority of people get delusional and think that those wars are needed to their countries (or until the people that benefit from those wars find a way to safe their asses from potential civil war/revolutions/coup d'état), we won't see a real direct heat or even something big as WW3. I don't think even Hillary would start an actual war in 2016, otherwise she and the people that run the country would all pay for it by their blood and lives.

The people that run the show are not as stupid, they care about their lives and they're trying to take "reasonable" risks if it's necessary.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 June 2019 - 01:44 AM

• banned!

I don't think WW3 is an inevitability per se, but it's good to know what's happening under the surface and try to do something about it before things really escalate. At least I hope Americans will be doing something about it. I get that a single person is rather powerless, but that's why I talk about these things. I think everyone should be talking to everyone else about what is really threatening world peace, instead of these rather low level lifestyle/ideology (LGBT, left/right) differences.

I never said they were stupid btw, just insane. Big difference. Psychopaths don't really care about their own lives and they exhibit no fear (or at least are highly idiosyncratic in what they do fear): https://arc.psych.wi...in-psychopathy/

They're geared towards what is termed "fast life history strategy" in clinical literature. Basically live fast (get to the top as quickly as possible, leave some descendants) and die young.

I also recommend this book as it relates psychopathology to various totalitarian systems:
https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/1897244258
https://en.wikipedia...ical_ponerology (an explanation)

You might argue that the American government isn't totalitarian, but I'd argue it's just more cleverly disguised. No one really believes in democracy.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 22 June 2019 - 02:08 AM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

By the way that Eisenhower speech and that Truman quote are well-known and taught in grade school here (at least when I was in school). It's not like this is secret stuff being hidden away from the public.

• banned!

Depends on where you went to school I guess and how much attention you paid to any of it.

This might be true for people like Hillary, but she's just yet another tool. The people who run the show have many things to lose and they also care about future of their own children. The only thing that can destroy them is their own delusion, the thought that they have nothing to fear and can get away with anything and this problem is actually relevant which is why some people can see what the fuck is happening. For now the delusion is not too strong, but eventually either they find a way to deal with potential backlash that can cost them their lives or they fuck up themselves. Other than that, they can get betrayed by their trusted tools too, a lot of sensitive information is freely available because of such people.

Also, American system is mixed, there are authoritarian elements too (wouldn't say it's totalitarian though, not yet). Actually authoritarianism (not in ideological sense only) is quite popular in general too these days. Take celebs or just popular people as an example, nowadays some kind of authority automatically gives you credibility.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 June 2019 - 02:15 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 June 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

The people who run the show have many things to lose and they also care about future of their own children.

That's being optimistic, lol. I mean, why aren't we all much better people than we are, for our children and grandchildren?

Anyway, the solution has to come from the bottom. It's not a matter of individuals anymore, because the system is self perpetuating, much like those companies that pollute or have other unethical practices - it's not to do with one single company usually, but several companies all engaged in a competition with one another. Look at the way whistleblowers are treated. The nail that sticks out will be hammered down.

I also think our leaders in general just think they will always win and that's kind of what it takes to rise to the top in these hierarchies. You have to be highly convincing to others and be able to do dirty work, "for the greater good", which usually assumes a level of self delusion typical of psychopaths. Take Lenin and Stalin. The official face of the early Soviet Union vs the guy who did his dirty work, who lacked scruples and in the end he took over. I think Americans have been smarter and they simply install puppets to be the nice face for the public, or they turn decent people into instruments of evil by isolating them and/or using threats, etc.

PS. Betrayal isn't likely to happen with things like death threats and incriminating material that prevent people who are "too clean" to get close to power.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 22 June 2019 - 02:46 AM

View Postthricecursed, on 22 June 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:

I mean, why aren't we all much better people than we are, for our children and grandchildren?

Because a lot of people lack empathy and are very egoistical. This problem exist among all the people, be it average or not, there are people that are completely careless about other people lives, there are people that treat others as complete worthless trash and at the same time they care a lot about their own children that are supposed to be also their legacy (which is actually selfish too). I've met such types plenty of times myself, those people are usually quite old though and have powerful positions.

If they didn't give a shit about their asses (their lives, children, wealth, power, influence, legacy, you name it) we would be at official war long time ago, even before Syria was a thing while America and other countries would also suffer from civil wars or just plain pogroms. Hell, even the greed itself knows no boundaries and those people still are thirsty for power and money.

It's not a matter of individuals anymore

It never was, in short individuals usually served as a power that united other people. Take Hitler for example, without uniting people he would do jackshit on his own. On the other hand, people do need a strong leader (or a group of people) with clear ideas to be united.

PS. Betrayal isn't likely to happen with things like death threats and incriminating material that prevent people who are "too clean" to get close to power.

The people I'm talking about usually have nothing to lose, when potential traitors are getting abandoned by their bosses they can't work or establish themselves anywhere else, at least not officially or in government structures.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 June 2019 - 02:56 AM

• banned!

I don't think we're really in a disagreement here, haha.

View Postthricecursed, on 22 June 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

I don't think we're really in a disagreement here, haha.

We're simply having a discussion, like always.

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 June 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

We're simply having a discussion, like always.

Yeah, that's fine. Maybe it's the places I typically frequent or it's another east/west difference, but you're pretty good at not turning these things into shit flinging contests over minor differences. Just saying we probably agree on more than we disagree. A lot of people I know can't listen/talk to anyone who isn't 100% on their side and they have this deep hate for the other person, so I feel like a total freak for listening to, say, Ben Shapiro and Noam Chomsky, who couldn't be further apart ideologically. It's more interesting to me where people agree than where they disagree, because basically everyone wants a healthy, happy environment to live in. They just differ in how to get there (or what it looks like), but as long as we keep remembering that we all want the same thing, then the world still has some hope.

I saw you edited your post, it is true that some people don't have anything to lose, so you get revelations like this:

https://www.sott.net...s-penned-by-CIA
https://www.sott.net...of-heart-attack

That shit throwing type of arguing is a waste of time (just like arguing for the sake of arguing), especially if you have to speak with someone who don't even want to listen to you, it's also boring. Shitposting kind of fixes this problem and is actually entertaining.

View Postthricecursed, on 22 June 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

Just saying we probably agree on more than we disagree.

Obviously. I haven't actually argued with you yet, I always considered that we had a conversations with each other.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 22 June 2019 - 04:12 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 22 June 2019 - 04:01 AM, said:

Obviously. I haven't actually argued with you yet, I always considered that we had a conversations with each other.

Posted Image

View PostTea Monster, on 21 June 2019 - 12:22 AM, said:

Let's put an insane narcissist with the intellectual and emotional abilities of a 10 year old into the White House. What could go wrong?

That is way too generous of you: the Trumpwreck is clearly a 6 year old, as evidenced by all those Calvin & Hobbes comics modified to have the daughterfucker's face photoshopped on the former.

Like this one!

Posted Image

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 22 June 2019 - 04:54 AM

• banned!

I've got your reboot right here:

Posted Image

User is offline   Outtagum 

Shouldn't that be 5D?

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 June 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

Maybe what Duke needs to bring him back from the pasture is a crossover with Shaft

Posted Image

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm really excited to see Shaft.

User is offline   Mark 

I'll bet you are. :D

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 June 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

Maybe what Duke needs to bring him back from the pasture is a crossover with Shaft

Which one? The Richard Roundtree one, the Samuel L. Jackson one or the Castlevania villain? :D

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 22 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options