Duke4.net Forums: Randy Made A Single Tweet About A Duke Nukem Animated Series - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Randy Made A Single Tweet About A Duke Nukem Animated Series

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostFlying Techbot, on 14 June 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

He responds pretty well to diplomatic and laidback posts.

no

View PostNever Forgotten, on 14 June 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Maybe not for Duke. That's all.

I do not know, I think that scene could work just as well with Duke Nukem, and not just because of the sunglasses.

View PostKaijuTurtle, on 14 June 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

I sure am glad that another thread has been turned into the same goddam conversation about reworking Duke as a character thanks to community staple JohnnyTheWolf.

It takes more than just one people for it to be a conversation, asshole. :D

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 June 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

I literally linked an article about that very incident in my previous post.

Huh? I was referring to the attempted hijacking of the #WontBeErased hashtag while your link is about the "Did you assume my gender" meme.

And whether a youtuber you don't like

Please do not refer to Jeremy Hambly as just "a youtuber I don't like"...

He is a vile human being whose content is deliberately crafted to embolden his asshole fans who like to torment dear friends of mine. Suffice to say, I am really, really not interested in waking up one morning to find out that one of them has taken their life because of they could no longer handle the pressure.

CD Projekt fired a community manager over a harmless joke, but that's not enough for you -- in your mind they are transphobic forever because such a person could have worked for them in the first place.

No, not quite. The issue people are having with CD Projekt is that this was not an isolated incident; again, it is not the first employee the company finds itself having to fire someone over shitty behaviour.

And I am not calling for the systematic firing of every employee at fault here. All I am saying is that CD Projekt ought to take a look at themselves and their workplace culture.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 14 June 2019 - 06:10 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Oh never mind.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 June 2019 - 06:22 PM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 14 June 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

It is worth remembering that Medieval Europe was hardly a homogenous bastion of whiteness to begin with. I mean, the Iberian Peninsula was conquered by the Moors and annexed to the Umayyad Caliphate, which lasted for roughly seven centuries. Not just that, but even without our modern means of transportation, people still travelled a lot back then, in part as a result of trade routes.

What if the writers at CD Projekt Red simply don't know much about cultures other than the one in which they grew up, so they don't feel like they have any right to write non-European characters into their game? Token characters don't really do anyone justice. There is literally no reason to include an ethnicity based on the notion that simply having them is somehow better for the world, and to say that a game with purely white characters is somehow bad is a form of racism itself. It is literally racist.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 14 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

• banned!

He's alright when I talk to him. It's just when the more aggressive members get confrontational with him, he gets confrontational back. He responds pretty well to diplomatic and laidback posts.

Since Jordan Peterson came up a few pages back, I wanna talk about a related video I saw. One of Peterson's students was involved in research about right wing and left wing authoritarians and found that while both groups had lower verbal intelligence, right wingers tended to shun their idiots (thereby limiting their influence), whereas intelligent left wingers will embrace their more reactionary comrades simply because their "heart was in the right place". Subsequently I've always felt that the left are a bit more responsible for perpetuating this modern outrage culture.

PS. When I say verbal intelligence I don't mean the ability to string together a grammatically correct sentence, it has a lot to do with logical thinking as well. Johnny definitely displays a deficit there.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Every thread Johnny posts in somehow becomes the gayest fucking thread on this website.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Decades of gay posts by myself, Person of Color, Radar, Yatta, Chuck, Forge, etc all lost in the halls of faggotry now.

This post has been edited by Jimmy 100MPH: 14 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

User is offline   Forge 

Posted Image

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 14 June 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

in terms of interactivity and level design, they absolutely blow games like Duke Nukem 3D out of the water.

Despite the fact that both are different, I call bullshit. Honestly original Prey beats reboot too, just like original Thief beats the shit out of Dishonored despite rather clanky gameplay. Both might be decent, but like with other AAA games I personally can't see myself replaying both of them, in fact the only reason I'd bother with Prey is because it's heavily inspired by System Shock, although it's a bit simplified and Dishonored was almost on the same level as rebooted Deus Ex, it definitely beats Thi4f which is irredeemable trash.

The only modern game that can compete with Duke 3D is Ion Maiden and this game blows the fuck out every AAA game. Ion Maiden was a fresh air when it comes to modern FPS games.

View Postthricecursed, on 14 June 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

But, people did complain that there weren't any black people in the Witcher series. Never mind that it's set in medieval Europe or whatever.

No one gave a damn but leftists. Not even average Americans who don't know history or culture of Europe well didn't give any shit. As usual, leftists simply have no respect towards other cultures, people (that includes "minorities" they desperately trying to "protect") or work of other peoples, so of course they love to bitch about shit like that.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 June 2019 - 01:26 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

No one gave a damn but leftists. Not even average Americans who don't know history or culture of Europe well didn't give any shit. As usual, leftists simply have no respect towards other cultures, people (that includes "minorities" they desperately trying to "protect") or work of other peoples, so of course they love to bitch about shit like that.

OK man, I was just answering Dan's question. I figured the "no black folks in Witcher" was probably among johnny's grievances.

I know, it's just worth noting that this demand was simply ridiculous and that no one took it seriously except them. Leftists with the media don't represent the people which is why there is no reason to cater to them too (because not only they're in minority, they don't buy games either).

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 01:57 AM, said:

I know, it's just worth noting that this demand was simply ridiculous and that no one took it seriously except them. Leftists with the media don't represent the people which is why there is no reason to cater to them too (because not only they're in minority, they don't buy games either).

That's where I'd disagree. I think there are way more people who identify with SJW claims than in the past as the general divide in society only grows. To bring up Trump for a moment, I saw him as the lesser of two evils in 2016, but I also see that he was kind of a catalyst for this divide to reach unheard of proportions, at least in the US where most of these companies are based in. I have seen many of my friends take a hard turn to the left or right, based on what their previous inclination was. Even totally apolitical people.

Anyway, there is probably some market research out there and I'm sure publishers know way better than I do about what is likely to affect sales. And even if their fear of media-leftists is unjustified, it's undeniable that they are having an effect, which is why we should listen to them a bit more. Although there is a limit of course. IMO there is nothing further to say to a person like johnny, we all know how he thinks and that he is illogical, which isn't even the worst part. It's irrationality combined with total confidence and possibly a victim complex. All I'm suggesting is we give people a chance, but not much more than that.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 15 June 2019 - 02:21 AM

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

That's where I'd disagree.

But you really don't. Your "I have seen many of my friends take a hard turn to the left or right, based on what their previous inclination was. Even totally apolitical people" is the reason why. The only thing I would add is that a lot of people got tired of SJW aka radical left, even left-wingers with actual centrists or pretty much average people that are not familiar with politics that much (which is why SJW term is still a thing, but it's more than that).

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

Anyway, there is probably some market research out there and I'm sure publishers know way better than I do about what is likely to affect sales. And even if their fear of media-leftists is unjustified, it's undeniable that they are having an effect, which is why we should listen to them a bit more. Although there is a limit of course. IMO there is nothing further to say to a person like johnny, we all know how he thinks and that he is illogical, which isn't even the worst part. It's irrationality combined with total confidence and possibly a victim complex. All I'm suggesting is we give people a chance, but not much more than that.

The reason why Japanese video game industry dominates is because the companies don't listen to leftists but the actual people or the market demand itself (just like some indie or AA devs in US or Europe listen to the people, not the media or the people who don't buy games), although many companies in Japan are intimidated by them and think that the media represents the entire population of the West (when in fact it doesn't), in fact they see this as a modern American culture. If Japanese companies wanted to pander to the West they would probably look at the media (or the games that western companies are making) and would try to appease them, it kind of happened already with Capcom and their latest games that were aimed for the West (although gameplay was not sacrificed completely).

Video game or the entire entertainment industry of US took significant loses due to pandering or misunderstanding demand of the market (hell, they're actually trying to chase after Chinese market now instead of fixing their shit or stop putting their politics, this is how bad it is). Besides that there is also hard push for microtransactions or other anti-consumer shit like that (which works the best in China and Korea), meanwhile Chinese decided to get involved (same goes for the movies of course) because there is a good opportunity to compete with big American companies now, but I think Americans getting involved in Chinese market affected Chinese decision to compete with the West more than anything. It doesn't help that many talented people left the industry with leftists taking those places instead. This is probably the biggest reason why video games are getting polluted with shit leftists writing or designs to begin with (not to mention that a lot of games are broken or full of bugs too, or why those performance suffers in games even on consoles). Just look at designers or writers for some American video games, here is Dishonored 2 example that performed worse than the first game sales-wise, this is the same cunt that is writing Bloodlines 2 (the very same talentless cunt that starter her writing career with making terrible non-video games related articles for Rock Paper Shotgun):
Posted Image

Not only that, the people who manage or fund those companies don't really understand what the hell does video games mean or why/what kind of shit people like about it. Shareholdes especially are there only to make money and don't care how those companies operate and would believe anything the "professionals" would say, including damage control.

Nowadays big business (at least when it comes to shit like entertainment industry or tech industry) is about scamming complete idiots, not about competence or about doing research on the market, something what actually requires skills (plus a lot of actual rich people are completely out of touch with normal average people of lower class and are too busy to bother to care about them). Hell, even food industry is about this in most places, including restaurant business. I mean, why would you bother putting some efforts when there are enough idiots to buy your shit? Just look at Patreons alone where people don't even buy actual products, it's full of leeches or parasites that do nothing but still getting paid. Thankfully there are industries or fields where this shit would not fly at all unless your company is getting support from the government (which means such company is established).

Either way, expect Chinese buyouts to happen in US soon, it already is happening in Hollywood and they're slowly trying to get their hands on game companies too.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 June 2019 - 03:41 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

But you really don't. Your "I have seen many of my friends take a hard turn to the left or right, based on what their previous inclination was. Even totally apolitical people" is the reason why. The only thing I would add is that a lot of people got tired of SJW aka radical left, even left-wingers with actual centrists or pretty much average people that are not familiar with politics that much (which is why SJW term is still a thing, but it's more than that).

Don't really understand what you mean here. Look, my point is that you, as an average person (I'm assuming you are neither a journalist nor a university professor or someone else with a lot of social influence) can only look at this and try to figure out how to change it in a small way. You can't affect the companies, and idiots will buy what they want anyway, but when you interact with others, don't assume outright malice when it's only a misunderstanding or perhaps stupidity on the persons part. That's exactly why I bring up my friends, those people that become radicalized, there's always a reason, but usually we are only somewhat aware how reactionary we are. Most of us just kind of react and dress that up as rationale. I look less at what people are saying and try to figure out why they are saying it. Maybe this is too much to do, but I don't know how else we can change anything.

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

The reason why Japanese video game industry dominates is because the companies don't listen to leftists but the actual people or the market demand itself (just like some indie or AA devs in US or Europe listen to the people, not the media or the people who don't buy games), although many companies in Japan are intimidated by them and think that the media represents the entire population of the West (when in fact it doesn't), in fact they see this as a modern American culture. If Japanese companies wanted to pander to the West they would probably look at the media (or the games that western companies are making) and would try to appease them, it kind of happened already with Capcom and their latest games that were aimed for the West (although gameplay was not sacrificed completely).

I think there are so many differences between the East and the West that it's too simplistic to put it down to a single difference in how some companies handle business. Nintendo mostly makes child games (sorry Nintendo fans) that are meant to appeal to everyone and they've always censored violence. If you make a game with a complex narrative you can't avoid touching on themes that exist in society currently.

The rest of of your post descends too much into an angry rant, which is fine, and you might be right about some of it, but I have nothing to add.

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

Don't really understand what you mean here.

Then I don't really get why you said you disagree with me. What I was saying is that a lot of people became radicalized in general, but radical left like SJW and others that have positions in the media are in minority. They just hold important positions that includes other industries (entertainment and tech) and can get support from their buddies in American "press" if they decide to promote their political views in their products, that's all.

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

I think there are so many differences between the East and the West that it's too simplistic to put it down to a single difference in how some companies handle business. Nintendo mostly makes child games (sorry Nintendo fans) that are meant to appeal to everyone and they've always censored violence. If you make a game with a complex narrative you can't avoid touching on themes that exist in society currently.

Ironically, Nintendo is trying to get teens and adults in some cases too nowadays, not just kids. They're not really trying to appeal to kids only anymore as they used to, in fact, only Nintendo of America was very hostile towards specific games lately until Xenoblade 2 shitstorm happened, Nintendo probably axed a lot of people in American branch due to backlash which is why they stopped censorshing games or fucking up English translations or how they call it, localizing games. Now it's Sony who went on censhorship bandwagon, the company that was the opposite.

Nintendo stopped being associated with kids long time ago if we speak of Japanese market itself, but considering that people were importing Japanese games instead of buying butchered localized games, I guess the same applies to other markets. Switch will become next Vita in Japan, developers that make niche sexy games already started to move there and to PC and Nintendo doesn't mind.

However, violence topic is rather a different matter. In Japan there are actual laws in regards of violence in fiction that can affect the rating of your product at worst (so you're really free to do what ever you want except you can't sell violent games to kids due to ratings), meanwhile the same sexual stuff or just plain attractive girls in fiction is getting censored in US not due to actual laws but just because some cunts decided this is how it should be for everyone. People loved to justify it by making excuses about ESRB at some point, but that was total bullshit.

Anyway, there is a lot of differences, mainly cultural, but Eastern Europe is pretty close to Japan when it comes to video games business, although the industry in Japan still is treated rather more seriously or professionally, like other business fields. What I mean, is that the conditions or treatment is the same as almost everywhere and people that make those games aren't doing it because they failed somewhere else (i.e. cinema industry).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

Then I don't really get why you said you disagree with me. What I was saying is that a lot of people became radicalized in general, but radical left like SJW and others that have positions in the media are in minority. They just hold important positions that includes other industries (entertainment and tech) and can get support from their buddies in American "press" if they decide to promote their political views in their products, that's all.

Well I disagree that they're a minority, lol. The ones who are vocal, yes, but plenty agree with them. Either overtly or tacitly, and the problem is it's increasing. Society is definitely becoming more polarized and the antidote is greater understanding, not higher walls.

Anyway, this is just gonna be a subjective arguing back and forth with no data backing it. Polls are not reliable because I don't think that people really understand themselves well enough to answer accurately and I don't know of that many studies, other than a few that indicate radicalism is on the rise (also indicated by all the mass shootings, but maybe that's not enough for you). So whatever - believe what you want.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 15 June 2019 - 05:56 AM

User is offline   Forge 

the journalists, whom control the narrative outlets where people get their "information and news", also control the meta-scores that allegedly influence games sales. They circled their wagons and went after the gamers and the industry in order to protect their own.
johnny's been spewing the toxic gamer & good ol boy industry buzzwords and talking points from 2014. Kind of obvious he's been listening to progressive youtubers that still make paypal checks by respinning gamergate every week.
Probably has posters of Anita and Zoe over his bed.

Why do you even entertain the idea of responding to the obvious bait?

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 June 2019 - 05:57 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Posted Image

Trooper Dan upvoted twice.

Is it possible to learn this power?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Damn that's a good post

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

The ones who are vocal, yes

I clearly spoke about the ones that influence society and that are vocal which is a different thing.

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

I clearly spoke about the ones that influence society and that are vocal which is a different thing.

You're hammering hard on the idea that it's a vocal minority who influence, yet the influence is there and affects a majority (who then perpetuate it), which is also demonstrably getting worse. I'm done repeating myself. Fuck this thread in general and I need a break from the internet.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostRadar, on 15 June 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

Posted Image

Trooper Dan upvoted twice.

Is it possible to learn this power?

"Not from a Jedi."

I saw that too lol. I've seen it before, but it's rare.

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

You're hammering hard on the idea that it's a vocal minority who influence, yet the influence is there and affects a majority (who then perpetuate it), which is also demonstrably getting worse.

I never denied that. But that is a quite different topic though (it does affect the majority, but there are various results instead of just one, that we both mentioned), especially considering our world is huge and there are shitton of different countries with different cultures or mentality, even left-wingers with their influences are quite different. For example, American leftists are not like Japanese left-wingers in some aspects.

Of course there are people who are only reading leftists media or watch TV (anyone would be like that if they were brainwashed on daily basis non-stop), there are people who also hate it, then there are people who turn to the right and of course there are people who are simply fed up with it or ignore it, hell, some people don't even don't understand this shit if we speak other countries where American kind of leftists don't really exist. You've seen it, I've seen it, many others probably have seen it. Is there actual data? Not really, the best you can get is to look at popularity of commie parties or such, but I don't think this is really enough or that there is a good honest data. But I wouldn't say those people are the same as the ones that are gatekeepers, although they do have potential to become ones, they'd need connections for that.

But I really can't see them creating an actual demand for this political shit America produces (and this is why the entire entertainment industry keep losing money and is trying to reach Chinese market to compensate those loses), mainly due to lack of quality and skills which is why people hate them so much in the first place when it comes to entertainment industry. There were some left-winger creators who managed to make quite successful video games or other stuff, but most of them either never tried to put their political views into their work or it wasn't too obvious, although most importantly those people were quite competent at their work unlike typical radical leftists. This is why those people managed to succeed. Radical left is not really the type that cares about video games which is why they can't even make good video games.

I didn't (and still don't) really want to talk about this shit myself, but I may as well shitpost since it's been quite long since I did that. Would prefer to shitpost about something else anyway.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 15 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

He's alright when I talk to him. It's just when the more aggressive members get confrontational with him, he gets confrontational back. He responds pretty well to diplomatic and laidback posts.

That's how cancer works. Most decent volk are oblivious to the corrosive effects on the body until its too late unless they are paying attention to the symptoms.

urinalthehyena is a raging bigoted tumor. Not because of its opinions but its lies. It pretends to be a part of the body while carelessly consuming the host if the host isn't paying attention to the symptoms.

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 14 June 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

All I am saying is that CD Projekt ought to take a look at themselves and their workplace culture.

Well I for one know that their actual paying customers will be happier with their purchase when they finally have avatar pride overlays for these very important topics on all their social media accounts.
Spoiler

Well there you go...
Spoiler

This post has been edited by WorkWandaWork: 15 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

• banned!

View PostWorkWandaWork, on 15 June 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Well there you go...
Spoiler

This is amazing, dude. Thanks for sharing it.

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 15 June 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

especially considering our world is huge and there are shitton of different countries with different cultures or mentality, even left-wingers with their influences are quite different

I can tell you that with the exception of the Slavic countries, most of Europe's left wingers are the same as the US ones. Even in my country. I was on the bus last week and overheard a teenage girl with half of her head shaved, say to her friend, "why are you so hetero?". The Baltics are trying to be like Scandinavia, particularly Sweden, which is... well, everyone knows about Sweden. The western world is pretty uniform unfortunately and we are very Americanized, which is also increasing because the younger generations grow up on the internet.

BTW, are you ethnically Japanese and live there currently? What is the political situation there like? You can respond privately if you want, don't need to make this thread any more of a mess than it already is.

User is offline   Forge 

View Postthricecursed, on 15 June 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

I can tell you that with the exception of the Slavic countries, most of Europe's left wingers are the same as the US ones. Even in my country. I was on the bus last week and overheard a teenage girl with half of her head shaved, say to her friend, "why are you so hetero?". The Baltics are trying to be like Scandinavia, particularly Sweden, which is... well, everyone knows about Sweden. The western world is pretty uniform unfortunately and we are very Americanized, which is also increasing because the younger generations grow up on the internet.

existentialism came from scandanavia. post-modernism came from argentina.
US might be full of idiots, but don't give credit when none is due

I can tell you that with the exception of the Slavic countries, most of Europe's left wingers are the same as the US ones.

They consume the same type of propaganda that is coming from America, this should not surprise anyone. All you really need to know is English language to get brainwashed (especially if you're completely naive and are not familiar with foreigners which is very true for young people). Believe it or not, English language is the biggest reason why this cancer spread so much in some countries.

BTW, are you ethnically Japanese and live there currently? What is the political situation there like?

Yes to both (though I have relatives from Europe too). Commies have the lowest popularity in Japan even to this day (just like other left-wingers) and the only American type of leftists in Japan are foreigners from Canada or America (most of them are English language teachers and are the ones who spread "Japan is racist" bullshit). Some of the media is controlled by the left-wingers and zainichi Koreans, but the media is not as centralized as it is in US or Western Europe countries and not many believe the media in general, there are a lot of very competent and non-corrupt journalists in Japan or politicians. There are also leftist organization that are financed from abroad that conveniently tend to use English languages and rarely Japanese, but it's always mixed, never Japanese only language, those are financed by US of course, just like antifa, FEMEN or any other organization (the same can be said about any country, including yours). Majority of population supports Trump (and their knowledge comes from the media that presents him as right-winger or patriot leader, many people have deep respect for Putin too because the media also presents him as a strong leader actually). Many hate presence of NATO but I already discussed that.

But it's worth noting that there are corrupt elements in liberal party (after all it was created by America after WW2 and I would not call the party fully independent from American influence) and some of their political decisions can be questioned while the government still does good things at the same time that benefit society, it's a mixed bag in my opinion. At least they're not actually leftists like American GOP or neocons that pretends to be right-wingers I guess.

don't need to make this thread any more of a mess than it already is.

It's already shit, there no return.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options