Duke4.net Forums: Randy Made A Single Tweet About A Duke Nukem Animated Series - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Randy Made A Single Tweet About A Duke Nukem Animated Series

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Usually any debate regarding "left" or "right" degrade into retardation.

View PostNever Forgotten, on 12 June 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Maybe play around with a glory kill type system, and it'd be a blast.

I can't disagree but, faster and improved than Doom (2016) would be better.
I had bad times casually falling into the maps during glory kills, or being an easy target for monsters and/or players.

Rip alien heads off with an iron fist, treat their skulls like a bowling ball, crush their bleeding eyes with his inches or destroy their chest with a big foot kick could be a thing to start (one liners, ribs and gibs included).

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 12 June 2019 - 08:27 PM

View PostThe Battlelord, on 12 June 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

I can't disagree but, faster and improved than Doom (2016) would be better.
I had bad times casually falling into the maps during glory kills, or being an easy target for monsters and/or players.

Rip alien heads off with an iron fist, treat their skulls like a bowling ball, crush their bleeding eyes with his inches or destroy their chest with a big foot kick could be a thing to start (one liners, ribs and gibs included).

Maybe throw in some objects in the level you can use to spice it up, i.e. urinal: if they're close to one while staggered, yhen Duke will rip it off the wall and beat them to death with it.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 12 June 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

It's not a secret that leftists are retarded, they call "right-wingers" using their own imaginary terms even themselves, it doesn't even matter how much left-leaning you are, and completely normal things are the most "politically incorrect" shit in their eyes.

Dude, the vast majority of my political beliefs can be described as leftist. Maybe consider that not everyone who holds these views is retarded. This is exactly the problem, man. People on the right think everyone on the left is a fool and vice versa. Both sides have extremists, but this is why you can't have media that satirizes the whole culture anymore (which IS needed! and a new Duke game could be perfect to deliver it) - we've all become far more extreme than we ever used to be, stuck in our own private echo chambers, flinging shit over walls that we've erected, and thinking we're "winning" somehow. No one is winning, everyone is losing all the time. It's a snowball effect that will end in a war if people don't learn to understand each other.

Here's a "retarded leftist" talking about this problem:

Transcript if you can't stand his Tourette's syndrome:
https://www.lingq.co...ess-par-643643/

"Do you know that when civil war exploded in Yugoslavia, early '90s and already before in the '80s, ethnic tensions. The first victims were these jokes; they immediately disappeared."

I think people need to start talking to each other again and stop seeing everyone as the enemy and only if the culture changes substantially will we see games like DN3D again. Change has to come from the bottom, it's not gonna come from the top of people who own the capital. Their only goal is to make money and they will appeal to whatever the popular sentiment is in order to make more money. Hence all these shitty "safe" entertainment products. They know this is where culture is at.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postthricecursed, on 13 June 2019 - 05:11 AM, said:

You know how some people have disorders that they can't control? I've known about Zizek for the last 13 years. You're not meant to ignore how stupid he sounds, it's part of the appeal honestly. I think people like him because he's not academic, even though he can talk/write that way and has done so extensively.

He doesn't have any issues. He has nervous habits that are left unchecked because he's a disorganized marxist who doesn't care about public appearance. I don't know how people get into him based solely on his speeches, but maybe he's a better writer.

This post has been edited by Radar: 13 June 2019 - 05:28 AM

• banned!

View PostRadar, on 13 June 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

He doesn't have any issues.

Oh OK, I see we have a medical expert in the house.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postthricecursed, on 13 June 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

Oh OK, I see we have a medical expert in the house.

Dude, you have to be kidding. Even if he had issues, there are easy ways he can improve himself, like at least dressing better. He doesn't even do the simple things. He obviously doesn't care about how he presents himself.

This post has been edited by Radar: 13 June 2019 - 05:32 AM

• banned!

View PostRadar, on 13 June 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Dude, you have to be kidding. Even if he had issues, there are easy ways he can improve himself, like at least dressing better. He doesn't even do the simple things. He obviously doesn't care about how he presents himself.

I posted the transcript for the exact reason that people like you could read, if they had a problem with his diction. Either way, it's inconsequential to the point I was making by using the clip. Way to miss the forest for the trees. Ideas are what matter, not individuals.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View Postthricecursed, on 13 June 2019 - 02:44 AM, said:

Dude, the vast majority of my political beliefs can be described as leftist. Maybe consider that not everyone who holds these views is retarded.

I thought it was clear what I meant by saying that, especially in that context (protip: only retarded leftists would call anything they don't like "right-wing" or "politically incorrect", especially if some of those ideas are actually left-leaning). I guess I really should have used left-wing term or even SJW/radical left/antifa in my sentence, after all.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 13 June 2019 - 05:50 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postthricecursed, on 13 June 2019 - 05:36 AM, said:

I posted the transcript for the exact reason that people like you could read, if they had a problem with his diction. Either way, it's inconsequential to the point I was making by using the clip. Way to miss the forest for the trees. Ideas are what matter, not individuals.

Well, I don't like his ideas either. I'm not going to jump on the marxist/materialist wagon just because one guy from that ideology says he likes Trump and is against PC. That's not my worldview, even if some of his conclusions are the same as mine.

Btw, did you watch the Zizek vs Peterson debate? What are your opinions on that discussion if so?

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 13 June 2019 - 05:44 AM, said:

I thought it was clear what I meant by saying that. I guess I really should have used left-wing term or even SJW/radical left/antifa in my sentence, after all.

After I re-read what you wrote I figured you didn't mean what you said to the fullest extent of how I pictured it. Sorry. We are all triggered on this blessed day.

• banned!

View PostRadar, on 13 June 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

Well, I don't like his ideas either. I'm not going to jump on the marxist/materialist wagon just because one guy from that ideology says he likes Trump and is against PC. That's not my worldview, even if some of his conclusions are the same as mine.

Btw, did you watch the Zizek vs Peterson debate? What are your opinions on that discussion if so?

No one is telling you to jump on any bandwagon. It was just a famous person saying something that illustrated my point about a video game. People getting really fukken serious usually is a prelude to a greater conflict. The only way to stop it is if everyone starts to look past the angry rhetoric and realizes that, at least initially, people on the left and right both had legitimate grievances, but because they were ignored, they gradually became more extreme. Extremism grows in isolation. You see that everywhere nowadays, though. Everyone sounds like a paranoid crazy person that can't handle somebody from the other side making fun of them, even when it's in jest. Hence boring ass games, movies, music, etc (publishers being afraid to piss anyone off). Forge said the pendulum is swinging the other way, that people are tired of walking on eggshells, which is true in a sense, but from what I see, it's more that people are becoming more political and choosing sides. The ones who are tired are adopting ideologies that oppose the group they despise. It's not a good sign.

I watched the debate. They agreed on most things, yet if you read what their fanbase says, you'd think it was a fierce battle where either Zizek or Peterson was totally humiliated/destroyed, etc. Zizek even pleads with the audience at one point to not see this as a competition, but as a genuine quest for truth. I guess it fell on deaf ears.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

the last page of this thread

Posted Image

• banned!

View PostForge, on 13 June 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

How avant-garde.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View Postthricecursed, on 13 June 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

No one is telling you to jump on any bandwagon. It was just a famous person saying something that illustrated my point about a video game. People getting really fukken serious usually is a prelude to a greater conflict. The only way to stop it is if everyone starts to look past the angry rhetoric and realizes that, at least initially, people on the left and right both had legitimate grievances, but because they were ignored, they gradually became more extreme. Extremism grows in isolation. You see that everywhere nowadays, though. Everyone sounds like a paranoid crazy person that can't handle somebody from the other side making fun of them, even when it's in jest. Hence boring ass games, movies, music, etc (publishers being afraid to piss anyone off). Forge said the pendulum is swinging the other way, that people are tired of walking on eggshells, which is true in a sense, but from what I see, it's more that people are becoming more political and choosing sides. The ones who are tired are adopting ideologies that oppose the group they despise. It's not a good sign.

I watched the debate. They agreed on most things, yet if you read what their fanbase says, you'd think it was a fierce battle where either Zizek or Peterson was totally humiliated/destroyed, etc. Zizek even pleads with the audience at one point to not see this as a competition, but as a genuine quest for truth. I guess it fell on deaf ears.

You might need to relax. I'm having fun talking to you. I'm not that 'fukken serious' in general.

This post has been edited by Radar: 13 June 2019 - 06:23 AM

• banned!

Yea, I'm not saying you are the problem. (Although you could be a bit more understanding towards people who appear stupid in public, lol)

The "fukken serious" comment was more about a general tendency I've been noticing.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 13 June 2019 - 06:25 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Zizek is just commie Jordan Peterson.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

How did a Duke hentai concept lead to left vs right bullshit? I'd hate to know what makes your dicks hard.

And furthermore, if you believe glory kills belong in a Duke Nukem game... please, forget about Duke Nukem, and go back to the Doom community and spread your filth there.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 13 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

View Postgerolf, on 13 June 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

And furthermore, if you believe glory kills belong in a Duke Nukem game... please, forget about Duke Nukem, and go back to the Doom community and spread your filth there.

Remember stepping on shrinked enemies or kicking freezed ones? isn't that sort of a glory kill? the enemy is helpless.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 13 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 12 June 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

But do these characters sell games, or do the games sell themselves?

Given how Capcom went as far as to re-release Dead Rising 2 just to have Frank West star in it, I would say the former...

View PostTrooper Dan, on 12 June 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

In Dante's case I would say he helps sell the game because of his style, but the typical generic protagonist is not really a positive or a negative.

Have you already forgotten about the huge backlash to Dante's redesign in Ninja Theory's DmC: Devil May Cry?

In hindsight, I reckon it was a very embarrassing and childish reaction, but I do find the original Dante - or rather the one we have had ever since DMC3 - to be a major selling point. I probably would not care much for a sequel with only Nero, which I do not dislike so much as I think he lacks Dante's charisma and style...

View PostZor, on 12 June 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Duke Nukem needs a Doom (2016)/Eternal. An unapologetic masculine power fantasy that makes you feel like a fucking badass.

A pastiche of 80s and 90s action films. Wisecracking hero, explosive action, extreme violence, some satire and a bit of titty.

So your typical mainstream first-person shooter. :D

Now, do not get me wrong: I love first-person shooters, but what you are describing right there is basically the norm already.

I am not a fan of Doom 2016 and I was not impressed by the way finishing moves were implemented in Duke Nukem Forever, but I do not think finishing moves would be out of place in a Duke Nukem game. I mean, what are the cutscenes at the end of each Duke Nukem 3D episode if not non-playable finishing moves? The same goes for squishing shrunk enemies and shattering frozen ones.

View Postthricecursed, on 12 June 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Duke by his mere presence is already a kind of statement and broadly appeals to people who lean more right than left, which probably wasn't the case in the 90s, but it sure is the case now. I think a proper reboot is only possible in about 10 years and that's being optimistic.

Duke Nukem always came across as right-wing, not just because of his mindset but also because the action stars he was modelled after pretty much all happen to be right-wing themselves (not sure about Bruce Campbell, though). However, I do not think it matters, as everyone can enjoy a Duke Nukem game for what it has to offer, regardless of their side of the political spectrum. I believe the only real difference between left-wing players and right-wing players when it comes to Duke Nukem is that the formers will be more willing to acknowledge the problematic aspects of the character.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 13 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

• Honored Donor

Well, it is really quite simple: the shrink ray and freezer are WEAPONS. You are not forced to use them. You don't have to freeze or shrink every enemy in order to find extra health and ammo. Also, unlike Brutal Doom or Doom 2016, there is actually some tactical use of these weapons, and they are not always the best weapon for every situation. You're still going to want to shotgun blast an enemy. Also, realistically, Duke wouldn't be that fucking stupid. Why would he bother using his hands when he could just blow the aliens brains out or... wait for it... NUKE them?? Cutscenes are fucking cutscenes, so I don't even see the argument there. Doom 2016 and BD allow you to glory kill at all times, with an overpowered melee attack that does nothing but activate the primitive sensory motors in people with smooth brains. There is no challenge or fun to it once you've done it over 30 times, unless, you have a very simple brain which can't comprehend complex actions.

Duke Nukem doesn't need to rip off Doom 2016 to be good. It just needs to not suck ass, and glory kills will do nothing but slow down the gameplay. Aliens aren't going to just stand aimlessly and wait for you to fucking melee kill them if they are enemies that are written well and utilized efficiently.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 13 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostForge, on 13 June 2019 - 06:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

Fuck that happened to me after I had some chinese food a couple weeks ago.

View Postgerolf, on 13 June 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Well, it is really quite simple: the shrink ray and freezer are WEAPONS. You are not forced to use them. You don't have to freeze or shrink every enemy in order to find extra health and ammo. Also, unlike Brutal Doom or Doom 2016, there is actually some tactical use of these weapons, and they are not always the best weapon for every situation. You're still going to want to shotgun blast an enemy. Also, realistically, Duke wouldn't be that fucking stupid. Why would he bother using his hands when he could just blow the aliens brains out or... wait for it... NUKE them?? Cutscenes are fucking cutscenes, so I don't even see the argument there. Doom 2016 and BD allow you to glory kill at all times, with an overpowered melee attack that does nothing but activate the primitive sensory motors in people with smooth brains. There is no challenge or fun to it once you've done it over 30 times, unless, you have a very simple brain which can't comprehend complex actions.

Duke Nukem doesn't need to rip off Doom 2016 to be good. It just needs to not suck ass, and glory kills will do nothing but slow down the gameplay. Aliens aren't going to just stand aimlessly and wait for you to fucking melee kill them if they are enemies that are written well and utilized efficiently.

Now, now, no need to get so aggressive. I mostly agree with you there; again, I am no fan of Doom 2016.

That being said, it is worth pointing out that Brutal Doom's finishing moves usually require a Berserker Pack to perform them; as such, they are mostly there to break the monotony and you can still toggle the finishing moves if you do not like them anyway. Doom 2016's glory kills, however, are the ones that are all but mandatory to survive on higher difficulty settings, especially with all the arenas the game encloses you in; to be fair, it allows the game to showcase its aggressive monster AI, but like you, I do not particularly like the way it was done.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 13 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

View Postgerolf, on 13 June 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

There is no challenge or fun to it once you've done it over 30 times, unless, you have a very simple brain which can't comprehend complex actions.

So instead of a fun glory kill, you'd just shoot them one last time..... very complex... glory kills are 100% optional. Shoot them while they're staggered and they'll die.

• Honored Donor

And that isn't boring to you? To see an enemy stagger after one to two hits, almost EVERY single time, only to offer you maybe 6 different animations of a graphic "execution"? Yes, as a matter of fact, it would be cooler to see Duke just shoot them in the head, or shove a pipe bomb in their ass, or just about any fucking thing else other than finger fucking an alien to make it bleed. The player should be able to have the control, not just press an "execute" or as I like to call it, "I suck at games and need an easy way out" button.

This post has been edited by gerolf: 13 June 2019 - 05:18 PM

View Postgerolf, on 13 June 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

And that isn't boring to you? To see an enemy stagger after one to two hits, almost EVERY single time, only to offer you maybe 6 different animations of a graphic "execution"? Yes, as a matter of fact, it would be cooler to see Duke just shoot them in the head, or shove a pipe bomb in their ass, or just about any fucking thing else other than finger fucking an alien to make it bleed. The player should be able to have the control, not just press an "execute" or as I like to call it, "I suck at games and need an easy way out" button.

You do realize it only replaces what would have been a death? Right? They stagger INSTEAD of dying, to give the satisfaction of one last fuck you to your enemy, while also resupplying you for the next kill.

How did a Duke hentai concept lead to left vs right bullshit? I'd hate to know what makes your dicks hard.

Wow dude, calm down, sorry if i hurt somebody feelings.
No offense intended but, is imagination a crime?
Ofc i still prefer Duke Nukem 3D and more than Doom (is not the first time i say this) as the old school games style.However, if a new and modern Duke Nukem game will be released, do you think that they won't use such game mechanics? (that's why i said "faster and improved"). Or do you prefer another DNF style?...
I wished from the deepness of my hearth for an explosive sequel of Duke 3D (much time before DNF came out) but, hopes are quite low, and all we can do is using our imagination about some good compromise at least.
Edit: Another thing they can do is that, when the player ends the game a new feature will be unlocked, "the player will be alloeed to play the game in the one of the old styles and dynamics that prefer", yeah, just i'm just dreaming about it :D.

Going back to the main topic, am thinking about that, as it will be a modern animated series, maybe they'll use 3D animations, i hope not like the ones from the "new" Addams Family lol.

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 13 June 2019 - 06:43 PM

• banned!

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 13 June 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

Duke Nukem always came across as right-wing, not just because of his mindset but also because the action stars he was modelled after pretty much all happen to be right-wing themselves (not sure about Bruce Campbell, though). However, I do not think it matters, as everyone can enjoy a Duke Nukem game for what it has to offer, regardless of their side of the political spectrum. I believe the only real difference between left-wing players and right-wing players when it comes to Duke Nukem is that the formers will be more willing to acknowledge the problematic aspects of the character.

I wasn't saying that Duke's possible political leanings matter in any moral sense, just that at the current moment, it's a character that would piss a lot of people off, making it unlikely we'll get a new instalment any time soon. You can't really change that much about him like you could with Blazkowicz or he will just be some dude with one liners. Blond haired muscular badass who keeps going on about aliens? People will call it Trump Simulator or something. Too risky for publishers.

Average people are no longer standing on the sidelines, they have chosen sides and the center's damn near fallen off. Sure they could enjoy a lot of things if they didn't get their opinions from loudmouths on the internet. There was an article posted yesterday I think that called what little we've seen of Cyberpunk 2077 "transphobic" and "racist". Imagine what they'd say about an unapologetic Duke Nukem game.

This post has been edited by thricecursed: 13 June 2019 - 11:53 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postthricecursed, on 13 June 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

There was an article posted yesterday I think that called what little we've seen of Cyberpunk 2077 "transphobic" and "racist". Imagine what they'd say about an unapologetic Duke Nukem game.

To paraphrase Syndrome, "If everyone is Hitler, then no one is."

Do you see what I'm getting at?

• banned!

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 June 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

To paraphrase Syndrome, "If everyone is Hitler, then no one is."

Do you see what I'm getting at?

Another good one: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Doesn't matter what we think, though. We're not the majority.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options