Duke4.net Forums: Commander Keen Corner - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Commander Keen Corner  "Recharge your Neural Stunner and get aboard the Bean-with-Bacon."

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

I couldn't expect any different from Bethesda.

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, if Tom Hall says it's not Commander Keen, it's simply not. Mission failed.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

It reminds me "The Magic School Bus" sequel (Netflix) treatment... :

Ten again :

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 10 June 2019 - 07:35 AM

View Postgemeaux333, on 10 June 2019 - 07:05 AM, said:

It reminds me "The Magic School Bus" sequel (Netflix) treatment... :

Ten again :

And I don't even mention the Denver The Last Dinosaur sequel...

What the hell are they findong great in these cheap graphic styles, except the cheap dimension ?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

They're cheap to produce. That's it.

I know there is some nostalgia for the graphic styles of the 80s and 90s for animated series (and not only)... but this ship (80s and 90s) have sailed a long time ago...

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 10 June 2019 - 08:06 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This is not 80s and 90s animation. Not the best of it, anyway.

90s are associated with the concept of "Entertaining mediocrity" , but at least mediocrity was entertaining back then... in present days mediocrity is just infuriating !

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 10 June 2019 - 09:54 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 June 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

This is not 80s and 90s animation.

You nailed it when you mentioned Nickelodeon, in my opinion (modern of course). This style reminds me of one specific Nick show about one boy and his sisters, the show is quite new I believe.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 10 June 2019 - 10:17 AM

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postgemeaux333, on 10 June 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

90s are associated with the concept of "Entertaining mediocrity" , but at least mediocrity was entertaining back then... in present days mediocrity is just infuriating !

The Disney Renaissance era would like to have a word with you.

View PostSledgehammer, on 10 June 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

You nailed it when you mentioned Nickelodeon, in my opinion (modern of course). This style reminds me of one specific Nick show about one boy and his sisters, the show is quite new I believe.

Yeah. Those shows like Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, etc. Even The newer 21st century Disney stuff like Phineas and Ferb.

Yeah, but this artstyle is a bit more modern. I was speaking of 2010s and I found the show I was talking about, the name is The Loud House and it came out in 2016. This is exactly the first thing I thought when I saw this abomination.
Posted Image

View Postgemeaux333, on 10 June 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Downvoted your post by an accident, but guess I may as well say that this statement is wrong since I did.

The truly mediocre animated cartoons in USA were released probably around 60s or 70s and some in 80s, but the main problem about those cartoons was the fact that this stuff was aimed only for very young audience (which is probably why The Simpsons became such a huge thing). 90s were very good for cartoons with some exceptions and I'm saying this as someone who has no nostalgia for this kind of shit (with the exception of X-Men The Animated series).

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 11 June 2019 - 12:00 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Man... They took a pee on him. They totally weeweeed on Keen.

Battletoads had it worse.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 11 June 2019 - 01:17 AM

User is offline   fgsfds 

Not even close. It's art style is really meh, but it's still a co-op beat'em up with racing segments, not a turn based mobile f2p garbage.

This post has been edited by fgsfds: 11 June 2019 - 01:44 AM

Gameplay looks simplified too compared to older games, it's not just artstyle. It's shit on every level, just like this Commander Keen impostor. Your description suits well for Street Of Rage 4 though.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 11 June 2019 - 01:59 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Hey, at least the new Battletoads will be an actual videogame instead of some random mobile garbage. Granted it looks like shit but you can't have everything. :D

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 11 June 2019 - 02:35 AM

Don't misunderstand me, I have nothing against 90s, its everything for me, including video-games (the golden age), cartoons, sitcoms and other live action series (I have mentionned "Ocean Girl" and other aussies live action series in the past)

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 11 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

User is offline   Rellik 

LGR has some thoughts on the new Commander Keen:

This post has been edited by Rellik: 15 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostRellik, on 15 June 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

LGR has some thoughts on the new Commander Keen:

Fixed. (can't have any other characters after the video ID code, everything from '&' on)

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 June 2019 - 07:02 PM

Is this an out of season april fools joke?

No, unfortunately this is the coldest and hardest reality we have to face these days in this goddamn industry.

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostSledgehammer, on 17 June 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

No, unfortunately this is the coldest and hardest reality we have to face these days in this goddamn industry.

But perhaps if this work well, they will be confident enough in making a true game...

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postgemeaux333, on 17 June 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

But perhaps if this work well, they will be confident enough in making a true game...

Not a chance. This game is cleary being made for the mobile market and for people who never played the originals so its success or failure won't affect anything regarding the PC titles.

EA did it for Dungeon Keeper and Command and Conquer, it didn't work for DK but it worked very well for C&C...

User is offline   razgriz 

Bethesda. What did you do?

I hope the DOOM team keeps these people away with a rocket launcher.

I just found out its sort of a remake/reboot of the first game :

• The Sarien Encounter

How is it a remake when these kids are supposed to be the children of the original Commander Keen?

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 June 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

How is it a remake when these kids are supposed to be the children of the original Commander Keen?

He did say "sort of." There is a weird subset of remakes/sequels/reboots called a "Remakequel" where it's a remake but it's also a sequel.

That being said, I thought Billy here was the original Billy? Maybe I missed the "children of" part...

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options