• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostSledgehammer, on 16 May 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

4chan is a shithole run by a con-artist

I heard this place is heavily censored, that includes anti-leftist talks which supposedly should apply to speaking against women and feminism.

that sounds just like reddit

This post has been edited by Forge: 16 May 2019 - 03:25 PM

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

We can call 4chan a shithole all we want, but it has enormous influence socially. I know Civvie visits it because some of his criticism in the FS video was almost word for word lifted from a post I saw on there. Tons of people lurk, but never post. People will tell you what they really think, which can be useful as an artist/developer, etc.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

I've never seen censorship of anti leftist/anti woman talk on 4chan. More like the opposite, unless there's been a recent change. Reddit is a total snowflake safe space compared to 4chan.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostForge, on 16 May 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

that sounds just like reddit

Posted Image

View Postthricecursed, on 16 May 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

We can call 4chan a shithole all we want, but it has enormous influence socially. I know Civvie visits it because some of his criticism in the FS video was almost word for word lifted from a post I saw on there. Tons of people lurk, but never post. People will tell you what they really think, which can be useful as an artist/developer, etc.

You're not allowed to tell some things though which is usually pretty big downside in various ways and can bring confusion. I'm not talking solely about politics, keep that in mind. As for influence, well, journalism or media in general too has influences and too can bring confusion. This shit is worse though.

Also yes, it's seems to be recent, though it started with Gamergate as far as I know and went downhill slowly since then.

By the way, that linked guy seems like a turbo giant faggot and I have never seen someone like it on Steam yet. I refuse to believe he legit believe in what he writes. The only thing I'd agree about is that YouTube guys or ecelebs in general should be questioned and not trusted blindly.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 16 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

User is offline   Sanek 

View PostHendricks266, on 16 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Public Service Announcement

Upvoted your post by accident.

Not that I'm sorry about that...unlike visiting 4chan. <_<

User is offline   Master O 

View PostSledgehammer, on 16 May 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

4chan is a shithole run by a con-artist who was caught at blatantly selling personal data back when he was in charge of 2channel, so I can't imagine people with a common sense to browse this crappy imageboard. Some companies paid him so they would be allowed to advertise their shitty products on 2channel too, mainly Sony and I bet with 4chan it's no different (mods on 2channel were usually getting paid too). However, it still is surprising there are people who hate or rather that they're allowed to hate on Ion Maiden protag since I heard this place is heavily censored, that includes anti-leftist talks which supposedly should apply to speaking against women and feminism. Something is fishy about this.

First rule of the Internet: Don't. Feed. Trolls.

That guy complaining about Ion Maiden is an idiot who should be ignored.

Still haven't ever navigated to 4Chan and that's not going to change any time soon.

There is one issue I have with Shelly's design, but it isn't in regards to Ion Maiden, it is instead the redesign they did to Bombshell. Oddly I seem to think this was partly for the opposite reasons to the complaints here, that people whined and said her original design from the teaser video wasn't fappable enough. Personally I couldn't care less about that aspect and preferred the original design, simply because it looked like a cool design for a character in a somewhat action oriented video game, the 'fapability' never really factored in because that's not what games are for (outside of Japan), that's what PorhHub is for, I prefer real women thanks and no matter how good your artists and modelers are it will never be as good as the real thing. Plus it's kinda difficult to play a game with your hand in your pants anyway.

Otherwise I have no issue with the design used in Ion Maiden, because in this case it is heavily stylized and seems to fit well with the setting. It's not the best, but it's definitely a long way from the worst.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

"Fappable enough?" That's the first I've heard of that. I just think it's better art direction. Sexual appeal doesn't enter into it.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSanek, on 16 May 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Upvoted your post by accident.

Not that I'm sorry about that...unlike visiting 4chan. :)

Fixed it. Why? Glad you asked!
Anyone seeking absolute, world wide or universal praise? Good luck! No such thing! Complain about it? Fuck off. Yes, truly!
Ion Maiden has an Overwhelmingly Positive (941) status on Steam, with just an Early Access version of the game.
What more does one want/need/grave? Restrooms to not to stink? Peace on earth? What? <_<

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Regarding the 4chan guy, I find the reference to Interceptor's Bombshell to be quite strange considering the IM Bombshell is actually more attractive IMO.

This post has been edited by Radar: 17 May 2019 - 04:44 AM

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Well, we did an entirely new set of character concepts for IM, so thanks.

View PostHendricks266, on 16 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

We know who is responsible for these. It's not the devs of Alien Armageddon or Duke Forces, and it's not any other indie game devs either. It's some rando who goes by Green Skeleton on Steam.

https://steamcommuni.../PresidentSkele
https://steamcommuni...18058738056617/
https://steamcommuni...le/posthistory/

That is all.

Red Skull's somehow even less likeable cousin.

View Postthricecursed, on 16 May 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

I know Civvie visits it because some of his criticism in the FS video was almost word for word lifted from a post I saw on there.

\offtopic: He actually doesn't like it that much. The criticism came from his own playthrough, from the Blood Discord and his private server.

This post has been edited by Doom64hunter: 18 May 2019 - 10:22 PM

User is offline   NNC 

So many posts, I was expecting some news.

Anyway, who play games because of the title character? That's the least important aspect of the game.

User is offline   VGA 

Well if it was a 3rd personal game it would be important!

I also want news <_<

It's important in a way to guide that character actions, experience game world like interactive, retro movie. If it's muted protagonist he/she is always you so care less what happens, you'll manage in a way how far you take it personal. If it's talking character like Duke, Caleb or in this case Shelly you will never be that character, only user, overlord, the player, so you are more or less responsible how it will turn out. So this is not important if thousands of people finished game already, your copy is unique, your adventure is your private experience, one in a million personalised simulated world with someone to control and advance in progress thru levels, maps, story. Like movie or novel about someone, two experiences are never identical even if product is the same.

I like how it was mentioned in Blood 2: Nightmare Levels about whole Caleb rising to power through series and being unstoppable:

At times it is almost as if the unseen hand of some otherworldly being is guiding his actions.

In case of Ion Maiden it feels more like Duke3d than character with personality but enough to feel distinct, someone that is NOT you.

Also this thing:
https://twitter.com/...244102883475456

This post has been edited by HenitoKisou: 20 May 2019 - 01:21 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I don't know if this was answered elsewhere(I was trying to find an answer) But what is the order of magnitude of size fo rthe BS sprites? By that I mean, what was the resolution of choice for the sprites? Double that of Duke3D?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

The resolution is about the same as the enemies.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostForge, on 16 May 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

Bottom right: the stick goes through the wood.

Dog is a wizard.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostFox, on 28 May 2019 - 01:49 AM, said:

Dog is a wizard.

adding the development time between the preview release and the official release date to the time past release date to make it look like the game is a year overdo is also wizardry.
context is everything
without it, we're all wizards

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Assuming that the sample sprites in this devblog article are in correct resolution (the image is scaled up 2x with nearest neighbour for better visibility as far as I can tell) then I'd say it's about right, the height is roughly twice the average Duke3D sprite.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

We used FATE enemy sprites as placeholders at one point, I believe those were same resolution.

• Judge Mental

View Postoasiz, on 28 May 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

We used FATE enemy sprites as placeholders at one point, I believe those were same resolution.

Oh sweet. What about the weapons? They look like they beat out Redneck Rampage in terms of crispness. Double the rez of most standard build engine games?

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Launch trailer's in the works! <_<
Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostCommando Nukem, on 28 May 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

Oh sweet. What about the weapons? They look like they beat out Redneck Rampage in terms of crispness. Double the rez of most standard build engine games?

I think we had the RR crossbow as an early temp back in early 2016 when it was first coded, was fully functional and everything already but we only got the final art done about 2 years later.
In terms of implementation, Loverboy was the first weapon actually implemented. Some very early screenshots had a slightly different version I think.
All testing was done against that, we had a target res of 640x400/480 like RR from the get go, used to have an even lower resolution HUD font at one point before it was upped, still visible on some early snaps.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 28 May 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

"Launch Trailer" was a misstatement. It's a trailer for the announcement of when our launch will be in the future.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostHendricks266, on 28 May 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

"Launch Trailer" was a misstatement. It's a trailer for the announcement of when our launch will be in the future.

Ah, that's all good. Just excited to see what Voidpoint's been working on.

• Judge Mental

I replayed through the demo campaign and Heskell's house of horrors.

Good stuff. I'm really excited to see the whole thing.

User is offline   Hank 

... from I M Steam today
Posted Image

<_<

Waiting is never sweet but, having the pleasure to fully taste something nice in its entire majesty, whatever it is, it has no price.

Just... "Forever" is not an option <_<.

User is offline   NNC 

I can wait a few more weeks with Sigil in hands and Redemption of the Slain Remaster is coming soon as well. <_<

Ion Maiden will be a game for a year of playing in my expectations. Great time for oldschools FPS fans.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 28 May 2019 - 10:38 PM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options