Duke4.net Forums: Bugs & Problems - Duke4.net Forums

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bugs & Problems

m210®, on 05 May 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

It would be good if you give me your version of blood, maybe I will understand what's happening in multiplayer and fonts

Blood without Plasmapack - 1.20 (works fine)
Blood with Plasmapack - 1.11 (garbled fonts), for some reason the 1.20 patch doesn't recognize it.

User is offline   XxMiltenXx 

The Plasma Pack CD was released as an early 1.11 version of the game, and not the 1.10 version like we thought. The 1.11 version included on the CD is not the final revision of 1.11. You can tell if you have the early version of 1.11 by looking at the date when you start the game. If the date says, August 19th, 1997, then you have the old version of 1.11. Download this pCD11.exe patch to bring Blood Plasma to the most recent version available. If the date says September 23rd, 1997, then you have the correct 1.11 version of Blood.

1.11 is the latest version of Plasma pack. However, apparently there are 2 versions available. The CD shipped also with 1.11, but an "early version" of it, while the patch installs a later version of 1.11. Maybe you also have this earlier version?

Found on this website: http://dukertcm.com/...m/blood-patchs/

Try to download and install this patch: http://dukertcm.com/...atchs/pcd11.exe

This post has been edited by XxMiltenXx: 08 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

XxMiltenXx, on 08 May 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

1.11 is the latest version of Plasma pack. However, apparently there are 2 versions available. The CD shipped also with 1.11, but an "early version" of it, while the patch installs a later version of 1.11. Maybe you also have this earlier version?

Found on this website: http://dukertcm.com/...m/blood-patchs/

Try to download and install this patch: http://dukertcm.com/...atchs/pcd11.exe

I installed this patch and it says blood is already updated, but the 1.20 update still won't patch. I ended up getting GOG's One Unit Whole Blood and it worked fine.

User is offline   gordon81 

Hello, i can´t see text float menus in new unificed version bloodgdx when i put HRP bloodupscale-r07.zip in autoload folder.

I´m using gog version.

This post has been edited by gordon81: 11 May 2019 - 03:53 AM

User is offline   Skumball 

Would it be possible to have the User Content directories auto update to show new files? At present they only refresh using Quit To Title.

Just found out that cheats are working through the console on RedneckGDX and DukeGDX. However, crosshair on/off setting is not being saved on both games and machinery sound loops on DukeGDX repeat after a long gap.

User is offline   VGA 

I did a clean installation of BuiGDX, dropped the gog Blood files in its folder, ran it on borderless fullscreen, framerate was in the 1800 range lol. There was screen tearing so I enabled Vsync and disabled framerate cap. As usual, the framerate is not constantly smooth with Vsync On, there are small hitches every couple of seconds like it's always been.

I had reported this problem last year and so did other people, is there a combination of options I should try?

User is online   Phredreeke 

Try disabling VSync and putting a reasonable cap on FPS (low triple digits)

I recall the VSync issue is due to libgdx, which can't be updated as long as Polymost depends on fixed function shaders.

User is offline   pagb666 

VGA, on 12 May 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

I did a clean installation of BuiGDX, dropped the gog Blood files in its folder, ran it on borderless fullscreen, framerate was in the 1800 range lol. There was screen tearing so I enabled Vsync and disabled framerate cap. As usual, the framerate is not constantly smooth with Vsync On, there are small hitches every couple of seconds like it's always been.

I had reported this problem last year and so did other people, is there a combination of options I should try?

My workaround:
- Download and install Borderless Gaming App
- Set GDX to run windowed, at your desktop resolution
- Once GDX is running, add Blood to the Borderless Gaming App game list
- Voilá!

User is offline   VGA 

And what Vsync and framecap options do you use?

User is offline   pagb666 

VGA, on 13 May 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

And what Vsync and framecap options do you use?

In-game Vsync off

User is offline   OysterStew 

Hi m210.
Been following GDX ports for a good while. Great job.
Am really looking forward to giving BuildGDX a go with Redneck Rampage.
Unfortunately I can't play without mouselook inverted. Please fix.

User is offline   fgsfds 

There is "invert mouse aim" option in the controls settings.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Flip Rat Aim <_<

fgsfds, on 14 May 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

There is "invert mouse aim" option in the controls settings.

It doesn't work for Redneck and Duke in the latest release. Eagerly awaiting a fix.

Thanks for the replies guys however Skumball is right.
Personally I can't play a shooter without mouselook inverted
thanks to all the flight sims I was into in the 90's...😖

User is offline   m210® 

I will release the new version soon, I already fox this issue, so just wait a bit <_<

OysterStew, on 14 May 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Thanks for the replies guys however Skumball is right.
Personally I can't play a shooter without mouselook inverted
thanks to all the flight sims I was into in the 90's...😖

I'm the same. I think for me it started with UT99 and I never looked back. Before then it was games like Blood where I didn't use a mouse and used keys to look up and down. Non-inverted is like playing with my opposite hand. I wish they made this the default option and the 'normal' way was inverted <_< Rise up!

😀

This post has been edited by OysterStew: 14 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

BuildGdx v1.03

Bugs:
In the launcher game settings aren't saved unless "Play [game]" is clicked.

Wishlist:
In the launcher add a tab above Blood with common settings across ALL games including; video and sound settings (those found in the launcher and in the Video Setup and Audio Setup within the game), Game Setup (View Bobbing etc), Interface Setup (Messages etc), Controls (Mouse Setup, Joystick Setup and common commands in Configure Keys). With each new build I find myself opening up each game and repeating the same options across them all and to do this in the launcher only once would be beneficial.

Crosshair setting has been fixed in the new release, but BloodGDX still has garbled fonts running Plasmapack 1.11.

User is offline   m210® 

filipetolhuizen, on 17 May 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Crosshair setting has been fixed in the new release, but BloodGDX still has garbled fonts running Plasmapack 1.11.

I tried v1.11 from this site https://www.bloodgam...nload/files.php
It works

User is offline   m210® 

m210®, on 18 May 2019 - 12:31 AM, said:

I tried v1.11 from this site https://www.bloodgam...nload/files.php
It works

Ah..it seems you are mixed 1.21 with 1.11
You have to delete Tiles016.art and Tiles017.art

The 1.20 patch didn't modify any existing files, but added some new ones. The incomplete patching process must be what's causing it.

Anyone know how to get intro movie for Redneck RA to play at start? Redneck Rampage works fine but not RA ...

User is offline   m210® 

OysterStew, on 19 May 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Anyone know how to get intro movie for Redneck RA to play at start? Redneck Rampage works fine but not RA ...

Because it has different format. Maybe in future I will add support...

This post has been edited by m210®: 19 May 2019 - 07:17 PM

Thx for the reply. I understand this isn't a priority. The grandkids get a kick out of
these vids every time I start the game. 😊

User is offline   Tekedon 

Framerate glitch (youtube)

Found a bug I think. Framerate tanks without warning in some of the shittier maps from BME's mappack 2018. Not sure if it's due to corruption or wrongly drawn sectors. Only seems to happen in the shitty maps. Did not notice this before though.

User is offline   m210® 

Tekedon, on 22 May 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Framerate glitch (youtube)

Found a bug I think. Framerate tanks without warning in some of the shittier maps from BME's mappack 2018. Not sure if it's due to corruption or wrongly drawn sectors. Only seems to happen in the shitty maps. Did not notice this before though.

Well, it's interesting) What is the map?

User is offline   Tekedon 

m210®, on 22 May 2019 - 07:26 PM, said:

Well, it's interesting) What is the map?

Cannot remember the name of that specific map, was just a random map. But I found another example, it's a map called CruiseForACorpse.zip it's under Various\Incensed(AlastairPatersonAndPhilipRobinson) in BME's mappack 2018 http://blood.freemin...ion=maps&id=599

It happens when you turn around right at the beginning of that map.

Share this topic:

• 38 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options