• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Master O 

View PostFox, on 06 May 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

The game is very close to completion. But honestly it's still tight for beta testing, so we probably will push it for the end of Q2.

Can the sequel to Ion Maiden be called Ion Maiden Forever and then take 15 years to be completed?

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostMaster O, on 11 May 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

Can the sequel to Ion Maiden be called Ion Maiden Forever and then take 15 years to be completed?

Posted Image

User is offline   razgriz 

View PostSledgehammer, on 11 May 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Well, at least you have something to play and it's already better than Forever.

That's not too hard.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

From our very own DavoX (screengrab stolen from Lunick):

Posted Image

User is offline   NNC 

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't resist. <_<

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostNancsi, on 14 May 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't resist. <_<

Posted Image

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostNancsi, on 14 May 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yeah, about that…
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 14 May 2019 - 09:40 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Question: Will something resembling the duke bike make an appearance, and Davox will make a level for it like he did for DNF 2013?

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMicky C, on 14 May 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Question: Will something resembling the duke bike make an appearance, and Davox will make a level for it like he did for DNF 2013?

Never thought about it, but it would be cool to give Shelly a trademark vehicle, like a futiristic police bike or boke. Ups the "action figure factor"; something like RoboCop's cruiser..

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMicky C, on 14 May 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Nope.

User is offline   Mark 

View PostSledgehammer, on 14 May 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yeah, about that…
Posted Image

That guy has the desk next to the Polymer update guy. <_<

Attached File(s)

User is offline   razgriz 

It's taking too long sadly.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Shigeru Miyamoto said:

A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Lol I get your point, but this is the crowd that waited 12 years for DNF. <_<

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View Postrazgriz, on 15 May 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

After an infamous 13-year wait in the past, I think we can handle this.

EDIT: Ninja'd

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 15 May 2019 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   Forge 

wow.

dude's really anticipating this game without being overly critical of the developers, and a couple of you want to grief him for it.
The dev team should be proud that people want their game and can't wait.

the peeps comparing IM to DNF in any way, shape, or form need to go downvote themselves for such blasphemy.

This post has been edited by Forge: 15 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

User is offline   Master O 

View PostForge, on 15 May 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

wow...

the peeps comparing IM to DNF in any way, shape, or form need to go downvote themselves for such blasphemy.

The game's technically already a year behind its 2018 release date, which is where that's coming from.

This post has been edited by Master O: 16 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

13 years,

"over a year"

....yeah, that's the same. Totally comparable.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 16 May 2019 - 05:24 AM

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMaster O, on 16 May 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

The game's technically already a year behind its 2018 release date, which is where that's coming from.

the "preview campaign" was released at the end of Feb 2018
the release date was slated for Q1 2019
it's now a month and a half into Q2 2019

that's roughly 45 days behind

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Yes, it is taking quite some time, but it is being actively developed. Can't make it go any faster <_<

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

You only get to make an impression once. I followed the development of Carmageddon Reincarnation from the beginning till the end (I was also a backer) and from the time they released their initial mess to about a 1.5 year later after they finally fixed most of the issues, people had moved on already. They tried to put out the game again with a new name, but it was too late. In the end they had to sell the IP.

User is offline   Forge 

View Postoasiz, on 16 May 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

Yes, it is taking quite some time, but it is being actively developed. Can't make it go any faster <_<

45 days late is nothing.
90 days is still nothing.
Even a year isn't that bad, considering the direction the development went and the engine modifications. (I don't want to wait until 2020, but thrown piss & vinegar doesn't evaporate into a magic code, so I would wait)

the current release bracket will bring it in at roughly 90-120 days behind schedule.
That not bad at all.

Take your time, guys, personally I want you to deliver, not to fuck it up and I bet I'm not the only one who think the same.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 16 May 2019 - 07:25 AM

View PostForge, on 15 May 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

wow.

dude's really anticipating this game without being overly critical of the developers, and a couple of you want to grief him for it.
The dev team should be proud that people want their game and can't wait.

I’d like to clarify that my ‘always bet on shelly’ post was meant in lighthearted fun. I have every reason to think that Ion Maiden is going to be a game of the decade contender when it drops and will wait however long it takes for Voidpoint to polish it to a mirror shine. I figured that a cutesy allusion to DNF within the confines of this community would be taken as the joke it was meant to be. No disrespect at all to the team. By all means, take as much time as needed.

User is offline   Mark 

Yeah, no rush. Thump your magic pecker on it as many times as needed for a quality release.
( quality release refers to the game, not the pecker, you perverts ) <_<

This post has been edited by Mark: 16 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Public Service Announcement

For a while we've been monitoring frequent deranged harassment posts on imageboards slamming Ion Maiden for not having a protagonist explicitly designed to sexually titillate straight dudes.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Fortunately, this has not harmed us in any way. I only bring it up because other imageboard posters are starting to blame innocent people for these threads, usually the authors of the things the poster is shilling for in contrast to IM. I want to ensure blame is only placed where it belongs.

We know who is responsible for these. It's not the devs of Alien Armageddon or Duke Forces, and it's not any other indie game devs either. It's some rando who goes by Green Skeleton on Steam.

https://steamcommuni.../PresidentSkele
https://steamcommuni...18058738056617/
https://steamcommuni...le/posthistory/

That is all.

View PostKaijuTurtle, on 16 May 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

I have every reason to think that Ion Maiden is going to be a game of the decade contender when it drops

Honestly I feel it already is, despite being in early access and quite short obviously, this is one of few modern games I genuinely felt that was worth every single yen I paid. In fact, to me it's fucking dirt cheap which is why I also gifted a bunch of copies to my friends too. I didn't enjoy any modern FPS game as much as I did Ion Maiden and this game is not even finished yet. The shooting is fucking good and very satisfying, especially for a Build engine game and I already want to see more games like it in the future (I'm totally fine with sprite graphics too which unfortunately is almost dead due to big cost and is mostly used in niche fighting games now). Ion Maiden reminded me how much I hate bullet sponge enemies especially and how lazy developers love to make enemies even more bullet sponge to adjust difficulty, it's so bad I don't want to return to games with bullet sponge enemies at all. Loved the pistol especially which feels very powerful in a right way. Pistols aren't getting some love too usually, the last game where I loved pistols was GTAIV and V.

Now I need a proper C&C-like game and my life will be complete.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 16 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMark, on 16 May 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Yeah, no rush. Thump your magic pecker on it as many times as needed for a quality release.
( quality release refers to the game, not the pecker, you perverts ) :)

Let's not forget the seniors (PC for old folks). Every second counts. A delay, even just a day or two, may make the difference of having had the chance to play a given game or missed it for all eternity. <_<

User is offline   Forge 

View PostHendricks266, on 16 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

For a while we've been monitoring frequent deranged harassment posts on imageboards slamming Ion Maiden for not having a protagonist explicitly designed to sexually titillate straight dudes.

Fortunately, this has not harmed us in any way. I only bring it up because other imageboard posters are starting to blame innocent people for these threads, usually the authors of the things the poster is shilling for in contrast to IM. I want to ensure blame is only placed where it belongs.

We know who is responsible for these. It's not the devs of Alien Armageddon or Duke Forces, and it's not any other indie game devs either. It's some rando who goes by Green Skeleton on Steam.

I was being accused of that on occasion - way to take away my mysterious cloak and dagger game and ruin my fun.

View PostHendricks266, on 16 May 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

4chan is a shithole run by a con-artist who was caught at blatantly selling personal data back when he was in charge of 2channel, so I can't imagine people with a common sense to browse this crappy imageboard. Some companies paid him so they would be allowed to advertise their shitty products on 2channel too, mainly Sony and I bet with 4chan it's no different (mods on 2channel were usually getting paid too). However, it still is surprising there are people who hate or rather that they're allowed to hate on Ion Maiden protag since I heard this place is heavily censored, that includes anti-leftist talks which supposedly should apply to speaking against women and feminism. Something is fishy about this.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 16 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options