Duke4.net Forums: What have you watched lately ? - Duke4.net Forums

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What have you watched lately ?  "... movie, TV show [may contain spoilers]"

just came back from watching Endgame, and, all i can say is HOLY SHIT !!!.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 29 April 2019 - 08:33 PM

User is offline   Steve 64 

Sonic Movie Trailer

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ugggh.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 27 April 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

I should give Infinity War a go sometime, missed when it was on screen, but I gotta say stand alone movies about characters themselves (for the most part) were better than Avengers movies. Iron Man is my favorite one, watched two of them and enjoyed both quite a lot, especially the first one. Not sure why Iron Man exactly though. Thor movies were meh surprisingly.

Still, was Thanos motivation to impress Death like in comics? I was very curious about it the most.

I just watched Infinity War and I don't get what the hype is about. Why does Thanos keep leaving loose ends? He wants to genocide half the universe, but he loves his enemies and gives them every opportunity to get back at him. Yes, the ending is what it is (won't spoil it), but still, it's 2+ hours of explosions and dramatic moments that just fell flat for me. I don't know why I even bothered, I've never been a fan of superhero movies. I guess because I loved the first Guardians (as it was almost entirely comedic) and those characters show up in IW. It wasn't enough, though.

View PostDuke Legacy, on 30 April 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

Sonic Movie Trailer

Fast and Furry-ous

Gotta Not Watch

• The Sarien Encounter

This is gonna be Inspector Gadget bad.

• The Sarien Encounter

Finally watched Glass tonight. Fantastic! Every bit as enjoyable as Split. Fantastic return to form for M Night. Loved every bit of it.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View Postthricecursed, on 30 April 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

I just watched Infinity War and I don't get what the hype is about. Why does Thanos keep leaving loose ends? He wants to genocide half the universe, but he loves his enemies and gives them every opportunity to get back at him. Yes, the ending is what it is (won't spoil it), but still, it's 2+ hours of explosions and dramatic moments that just fell flat for me. I don't know why I even bothered, I've never been a fan of superhero movies. I guess because I loved the first Guardians (as it was almost entirely comedic) and those characters show up in IW. It wasn't enough, though.

I think the hype is like always pretty artificial, though the fact that those movies are pretty decent/good is very important to keep in mind considering that Hollywood isn't really capable of producing quality movies like the old times. Marketing of course plays a huge role there and Marvel movies do have insane marketing campaign, that includes Marvel games (which are mainly on mobile unfortunately). But beside that like with video games, people's standards are pretty low nowadays. I mean, just look at the trailer above, this piece of shit is your typical modern Hollywood movie and is nothing new. Compare that to Infinity War or compare any other shitty movie to good movie such as Infinity War. At the same time, there are better movies than it and most of them are old. I wouldn't say that Endgame was my favorite superhero movie of all time definitely, hell, I liked stand alone movies focused on specific characters better with Iron Man being my favorite if we speak of Marvel (my all time favorite superhero movie is Incredibles and One-Punch Man), but there is simply nothing else good to watch from Hollywood.

I think it would be more fun if they didn't play it safe with Infinity event in MCU and took more things from original comic book Infinity events, the modern version of Infinity event (which was based on old one) was probably the last good event Marvel did in comic book. Thanos motivation for destroying universe for the sake of winning a heart of a girl (who loved Deadpool more) is maybe ridiculous, but still pretty fun nonetheless and is more original then what they did.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 30 April 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

This is gonna be Inspector Gadget bad.

You're generous.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 01 May 2019 - 12:03 AM

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 30 April 2019 - 11:24 PM, said:

Compare that to Infinity War or compare any other shitty movie to good movie such as Infinity War. At the same time, there are better movies than it and most of them are old. I wouldn't say that Endgame was my favorite superhero movie of all time definitely, hell, I liked stand alone movies focused on specific characters better with Iron Man being my favorite if we speak of Marvel (my all time favorite superhero movie is Incredibles and One-Punch Man), but there is simply nothing else good to watch from Hollywood.

I think it would be more fun if they didn't play it safe with Infinity event in MCU and took more things from original comic book Infinity events, the modern version of Infinity event (which was based on old one) was probably the last good event Marvel did in comic book. Thanos motivation for destroying universe for the sake of winning a heart of a girl (who loved Deadpool more) is maybe ridiculous, but still pretty fun nonetheless and is more original then what they did.

The first Iron Man is my favorite superhero movie of recent times (with The Crow being my all time favorite) next to the Chris Nolan Batman movies, but yeah, I guess IW might be leagues above the usual crap. I wouldn't know, I just saw the reviews and expected another Guardians or Deadpool or Iron Man, etc, and it isn't any of those IMO. Also, that would've been hilarious if they kept it like the comic book.

View Postthricecursed, on 01 May 2019 - 12:36 AM, said:

I just saw the reviews and expected another Guardians or Deadpool or Iron Man, etc, and it isn't any of those IMO.

Reviews are part of the marketing, so that shouldn't surprise you. Hell, Disney even own plenty of YouTube e-celebs. The goal was to make an epic event from comic book actually epic in cinema in the eyes of people and they accomplished it. In fact they did it so well I don't think people even were worried about SW ep 7 spoilers as much as they did about Infinity event movies. Personally I don't give much of the shit about reviews or "hype" and in this case I took Endgame for what it was, for example.

View Postthricecursed, on 01 May 2019 - 12:36 AM, said:

Also, that would've been hilarious if they kept it like the comic book.

Yep, and it was really a good shit, it was pain in the ass to understand what are the exact books related to the event, but was worth it and I enjoyed reading it even though I'm an X-Men guy when it comes to Marvel. Finding the info was the biggest downside about the event, I mean Jeez, why Americans can't make collection or sets of books which are related to specific event, make an "infinity" tag or something at least. I'm not even sure if I didn't miss anything.

• banned!

View PostSledgehammer, on 01 May 2019 - 01:06 AM, said:

Reviews are part of the marketing, so that shouldn't surprise you. Hell, Disney even own plenty of YouTube e-celebs.

I only see Metacritic scores and sometimes watch Redlettermedia. Only occasionally goes wrong, like this time. I think you might be right that people's expectations for Hollywood are at a historical low, so when something comes along that doesn't completely suck, it gets praised.

• The Sarien Encounter

LOL

Paramount Is Changing the Look of Sonic Because the Internet Complained So Much

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Realms (2017)
Posted Image

User is offline   Merlijn 

I loved Endgame, that's how you create a universe and build towards a really satisfying conclusion. In a way it reminded me of the LOTR trilogy, even though it's a very different movie. Just the sheer scope of things and the fact that the quiet moments are just as good because the characters have been built up so well.

There's still a couple of Phase 4 movies I'm really exited for, especially Guardians 3. But it will be interesting to see what the general audience will do.

User is offline   Zaxtor 

I will watch Avengers Endgame soon on theaters.... Looks soo damn good
I loved the Infinity war I saw on the big screen last year

The movie is a huge success, it's farming money like crazy.. Gained over 1.5 billions in roughly 8 days.
Over night it gained like 122 millions.
is already 1.786 billions.

Longest of all Avengers, 181 minutes.

I wonder if it will beat Avatar's 2.788 billions?
Endgame is the fastest gaining movies of all time.

I can't wait for GoG3

User is offline   Merlijn 

It has a shot of passing Avatar, I hope it does since it's a much better movie.

Finally watched Glass tonight. Fantastic! Every bit as enjoyable as Split. Fantastic return to form for M Night. Loved every bit of it.

Completely agree with this btw, Glass was great!

User is offline   Zaxtor 

if in 1 weekend it gained nearly 1.1 billion
means maybe this one would gain a lot too.
High chance to Surpass the 2.1-2.5 billions total revenues before Monday

This post has been edited by Zaxtor: 04 May 2019 - 06:34 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 May 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

they gonna make it even worse aren't they?

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Even Sonic is screaming for being changed.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Us (2019)

Any Legend of Zelda fans here? if so you guys proply want to look at this
https://movieweb.com...f6cCiDHLCLqd5DE

Damn it how did I miss this I need to pick that up

This post has been edited by Duke Legacy: 06 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Warning: Avengers Endgame spoilers, Tom Holland doing a spoiler warning, this is serious.

"Bitch please, you've been to space" <_<

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 06 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Avengers : Endgame on the big screen
Damn good movie

new Sonic design leaked

Posted Image

i gotta say, i'ts an improvement.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 07 May 2019 - 09:29 PM

User is offline   Zaxtor 

Pet Semetary (2019)

• banned!

Detective Pikachu. Masterpiece.

• The Sarien Encounter

Aquaman. Darn good movie. It's a shame the Batman and Superman movies weren't as good as this and Wonder Woman were. Also, the music is fantastic.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 18 May 2019 - 02:01 PM

Share this topic:

• 22 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options