Duke4.net Forums: Plasma - Original Version - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Plasma - Original Version

User is online   Lunick 

Lee has put up a video of the original version of XPLASMA before it was super moody

The song can be heard in the demo loop of this video around 5:55

View PostLunick, on 28 April 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Lee has put up a video of the original version of XPLASMA before it was super moody

that really reminded me of Rise of the Triad

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 28 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

okay, this is epic.

Sorry, but as with the other recent posts, I honestly couldn't care less unless the MIDI is available and so far as I can see it isn't. I shall be back if this changes.

Suppose I could always try bugging Lee about it, at the very least this may yield an explanation as to why.

View PostHigh Treason, on 28 April 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Sorry, but as with the other recent posts, I honestly couldn't care less unless the MIDI is available and so far as I can see it isn't. I shall be back if this changes.

Suppose I could always try bugging Lee about it, at the very least this may yield an explanation as to why.

Someone who goes by the username of Kikiapina left a comment on the gotham video talking about the midi. This is what lee replied with.

"I can't release the MIDI file just yet - I have a few legal hoops I have to jump through first. Please be patient. Thank you."

So, we're gonna have to wait a while.

Ah, OK then, thanks for keying me in on that. Guess I shall just wait patiently in the shadows for now then.

User is offline   Sanek 

This is really cool! <_<

When the guitar starts, it really reminds me of System Shock - Medical.
And I like that this version have a different feel from the final one.

User is offline   MetHy 

Good stuff!

Well, this is what i call a nice rythm.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

It's almost like a completely different song... I mean I still recognize it as Plasma but still.

User is offline   Perro Seco 

The track fits perfectly with that beta subway level. Both versions of Plasma could have been included in the game because they are almost totally different.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I love it. I still love the in-game version more, though. I would have loved to have heard it more polished. Lee mentioned himself that he didn't really have the opportunity to develop it more before the "infamous George filter" got him to tone it down. I can understand not being happy about not being able to see your work come to the original vision you had for it, but I gotta say sometimes outside opinion can bring something really great out (like the original Star Wars) and it's an amazingly wonderful brooding atmospheric track.

Sound like it would have fit Descent more than Duke. Still awesome though.

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

IMO not as cool as the beta Gotham track was, but still cool. I prefer the final tracks though, because they are more orchestrated and represent more of a film score. The beta tracks, with their hyped up drums and bass, seem more doom inspired, or maybe 80s inspired, I dunno. Whatever it is, I'm glad they ditched it for the final game and tried to do their own thing.

This post has been edited by Radar: 08 May 2019 - 11:59 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options