Duke4.net Forums: Mortal Kombat 11 - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mortal Kombat 11  "Makes no since at all"

User is offline   Noddy 

With all of the female characters being cover up, it's like MK 11 wants to say: Boob woman bad!

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostZaxx, on 23 April 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Yet you shot 20 bad people instead of 20 good ones, that ought to make some kind of difference in the world even if you rot in jail. <_<

Who is bad and who is good are subjective, though. It could make a difference, but it's ignorant to assume that difference will be "a good thing".

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostZor, on 25 April 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

Who is bad and who is good are subjective, though.

And that's the reason why I made a joke instead of taking a comment that blatantly denies the context seriously.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Let us make Outworld great again

User is offline   Steve 64 

View PostForge, on 25 April 2019 - 06:11 AM, said:

Let us make Outworld great again

Reminds me of Duke 3D and I don't see that as a problem.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 25 April 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Reminds me of Duke 3D and I don't see that as a problem.

And the weirdest thing is that it's not even in the story mode, it's just a character intro line he says to Kollector and in that context it's funny as fuck:
https://youtu.be/cyr0EZOs8TY?t=64
So yep, people are outraged about jokes again...

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

"Took an arrow to the knee". You know what's funny about this joke? That it's old as fuck.

Anyway, aside from "emperor of make-believe" (made me smile) and "together you will die" (made me chuckle), there was nothing really funny. If we speak of MAGA joke though, the only thing makes it kind of funny is reaction of leftists to it and how they still can't let it go. The dialog is meh too (since it was likely written by typical leftist), almost as bad as "money is no value to you" (or did he say me after all?). Many jokes were on the level of "try hard" and it's like that when it comes to other characters. MKX had better dialogs.

Here is some cool easter egg from MKX as a bonus:

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 April 2019 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   Forge 

the left can't meme

View PostForge, on 25 April 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

the left can't meme

Not just meme, the left can't joke either. What makes it more amusing is that they trying to call MK11 serious.

Here is another funny bit (from MK:DA):
Posted Image

"A new prodigy joins the jazz masters, Quan Chi. With soulful music influenced on the Netherrealm’s mean streets, Quan Chi delivers his first album, Kind of Black & Blue. Buy it now or else!"

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 April 2019 - 08:47 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Outhouse when?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Best ending so far:

Close second:

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 25 April 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

Not just meme, the left can't joke either. What makes it more amusing is that they trying to call MK11 serious.

I don't have centuries to wait for progressives to get a sense of humor

View PostZaxx, on 25 April 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

Best ending so far:

Wow, Scarlet not looking like shit? This is new. It's interesting that for the most part the art doesn't look ugly as fuck in most endings. Sub-Zero ending is also good although pretty simple. Kabal was fine too except it was weird to see Sarina with him and not with Bi-Han.

View PostForge, on 25 April 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

I don't have centuries to wait for progressives to get a sense of humor

Don't worry, it will take forever for them to get one.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostSledgehammer, on 25 April 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Wow, Scarlet not looking like shit? This is new.

Hey, you wrote something positive about the leftist-SJW-woke-soyboy-cuck Mortal Kombat, I think you should lie down for a few minutes. <_<

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 25 April 2019 - 10:21 AM

The game has some positives, but flaws overweight them. Skarlet design for one I don't mind, but only artists can make her look good looking. It's a shame original version of Skarlet made by NRS is ugly.
Posted Image

She reminds me of Scarlet Witch aka Wanda Maximoff from X-Men Evolution (love this series).
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 April 2019 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I can't stand short hair on women. Doesn't do it for me. Just personal preference.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, baldies are much better.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostSledgehammer, on 25 April 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Don't worry, it will take forever for them to get one.

case in point

patient zero:

View PostZaxx, on 25 April 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Hey, you wrote something positive about the leftist-SJW-woke-soyboy-cuck Mortal Kombat, I think you should lie down for a few minutes. <_<

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Nah, I don't care, sorry, in fact I support what you're doing here: while you're commenting about this stuff you're not shooting up mosques for example so if you think about it NRS is doing a great service for humanity by including the shit that's triggering ya.

Can we talk about the game now or getting there is hopeless?

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 25 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

User is offline   Forge 

Mostly naked men, and women dressed in burkas is part of the game.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

At least one muslim cat was saved by that comment.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostZaxx, on 25 April 2019 - 11:32 AM, said:

At least one muslim cat was saved by that comment.

I can multi-task

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 April 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

I can't stand short hair on women. Doesn't do it for me. Just personal preference.

When it comes to short hair, I prefer something like Bayonetta, she's just perfect.
Posted Image

It works well if it's not too short and if a women isn't too chubby or fat.

But nothing beats classic short bob for me.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Long version which looks like it is good too.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 25 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

In the case of Bayonetta it's pretty hard to argue that she has short hair (because you know...) but I know what you mean and she does look cool as hell with that hairstyle.

Yeah, this version of Bayonetta is my favorite one, really a big improvement over the one in the first game in my opinion.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

This all sounds pretty cool (yes, this is another desperate attempt at trying to talk about the game instead of tits or politics):

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

After trying out the game I can safely say that this "mode" they call Towers of Time is the worst fucking shit I've ever seen in a fighting game. <_< You basically fight ridiculously overpowered AI characters who fight like shit but they still kick your ass simply because they have a ton more HP than you do and they use modifiers that are just random attacks that pop up on the screen and deal a ridiculous amount of damage. I hated the bullshit towers in MKX, everyone I know hated that stuff and stopped playing it after a few days yet they fucking doubled down on that shit and made it significantly worse. How is this fun? It goes against the principles of a fighting game, it's a disgrace.

On top of this the mode has these powerups called konsumables that you are supposed to use but the geniuses at Netherrealm decided that they map them to the right analog stick on the controller. What is the one thing that doesn't exist on a fight stick or a fightpad? That's right, the fucking right analog stick. So Towers of Time is not only a shit mode, it's also literally unplayable if you use a fight stick or a fightpad... in a fighting game.

And what do you get if you don't want to play Towers of Time? An awesome challenge tower with interesting custom fights and minigames like in MK9? Oh no, NRS didn't have time to do something like that, you can't even play Test Your Might now because even that's not here. The Krypt got randomized so while everyone is getting the same shit from it the positions of the loot are different. You can no longer go online, look up the coordinates of what you want, find it in-game and open it, nope, you have to grind your ass off and hope that the RNG gods will give you something you want (90% of the time they won't).

So sure, the graphics are nice, the new combat system is interesting and the story mode is cool but everything else is disgraceful. WB and NRS can both go and suck a dick for this borderline incompetent, lazy collection of mistakes.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 26 April 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostZaxx, on 26 April 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

After trying out the game I can safely say that this "mode" they call Towers of Time is the worst fucking shit I've ever seen in a fighting game. <_< You basically fight ridiculously overpowered AI characters who fight like shit but they still kick your ass simply because they have a ton more HP than you do and they use modifiers that are just random attacks that pop up on the screen and deal a ridiculous amount of damage. I hated the bullshit towers in MKX, everyone I know hated that stuff and stopped playing it after a few days yet they fucking doubled down on that shit and made it significantly worse. How is this fun? It goes against the principles of a fighting game, it's a disgrace.

On top of this the mode has these powerups called konsumables that you are supposed to use but the geniuses at Netherrealm decided that they map them to the right analog stick on the controller. What is the one thing that doesn't exist on a fight stick or a fightpad? That's right, the fucking right analog stick. So Towers of Time is not only a shit mode, it's also literally unplayable if you use a fight stick or a fightpad... in a fighting game.

And what do you get if you don't want to play Towers of Time? An awesome challenge tower with interesting custom fights and minigames like in MK9? Oh no, NRS didn't have time to do something like that, you can't even play Test Your Might now because even that's not here. The Krypt got randomized so while everyone is getting the same shit from it the positions of the loot are different. You can no longer go online, look up the coordinates of what you want, find it in-game and open it, nope, you have to grind your ass off and hope that the RNG gods will give you something you want (90% of the time they won't).

So sure, the graphics are nice, the new combat system is interesting and the story mode is cool but everything else is disgraceful. WB and NRS can both go and suck a dick for this borderline incompetent, lazy collection of mistakes.

Might interest you to know they've addressed this in a Kombat Kast released recently. They are nerfing the shit out of the TOT battles (specifically, hp has gone from 4000hp to 1500hp, assists are now blockable, and AI will use modifiers less frequently) and they'll address rewards in a later patch.
THAT being said, the fact people had to even raise a ruckus to remove BS that should have never EVER been in the first place is saddening. I get the feeling it's gonna get worse with future NRS games (or well, AAA games in general.)

It's a shame as the game genuinely looks like a marked improvement over the last 3 NRS games in terms of the gameplay and balance, but stuff outside of the core game is very much rotten or very flawed. (Story mode is a trainwreck imo. I in particular really didn't like how Present Jax was handled and I think it's a complete betrayal to his character arc from MKX. When he didn't betray Cetrion who was trying to kill Jacqui to get Old Jax to hand over the crown, oh boy. That's the point I was convinced the writers had no fucking clue how to write Jax. Jax would never EVER do something so shitty)

User is offline   Forge 

the original intent was for the player to buy "skip tokens" from the online store, so they could bypass those tower fights

View PostForge, on 26 April 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

the original intent was for the player to buy "skip tokens" from the online store, so they could bypass those tower fights

I'm aware what the original intent was - I just find it saddening these companies keep insisting with implementing this kind of crap, but then again, on a brighter note, it's good that there was hella backlash for the stunt they were trying to pull which caused them to backtrack on their plans.

However on a more pessimistic note, considering the fact you had a few morons on TYM and other sites defending the original system, I can guarantee you someday, this backlash is NOT gonna happen again and these systems will get worse.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options