Duke4.net Forums: Mortal Kombat 11 - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mortal Kombat 11  "Makes no since at all"

I been a big fan of the Mortal Kombat series but when it comes to the recent release of Mortal Kombat 11, I became confused after watch the CutScenes, and no Im not here to spoil it just saying the story makes no since.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostDuke Legacy, on 20 April 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

just saying the story makes no since.

Does it have to though?

Never played any of the MK games beyond Trilogy. I watched some videos of X (including that show where kids and elderly people play games) and didn't like those excessively gory scenes.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

It's a sad sad day when Mortal Kombat, one of the most politically incorrect franchises in the world becomes one of the most politically correct, woke and feminist friendly games in the world.
https://www.oneangry...ets-woke/82613/
https://www.oneangry...-cosplay/82452/
https://www.oneangry...haracter/82233/
https://www.oneangry...are-legs/82046/
https://www.oneangry...xualized/81034/
https://www.oneangry...mization/75347/

Not to mention the microtransactions and always online bullshit:
https://www.oneangry...r-pieces/82314/
https://www.oneangry...r-pieces/82125/

I haven't played any MK game since 9 and with this direction, it's unlikely I'll ever touch the franchise again.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Man MK9 was such a great game.

It also sad how NeatherRealms on Steam is Banning people who talk about MK 11 this game is full of SJW and it is, I saw 0 Sexyness within the game.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostDuke Legacy, on 21 April 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

It also sad how NeatherRealms on Steam is Banning people who talk about MK 11

Because it's not out yet? You know, maybe they're banning people because they are leaking shit from the already pirated Switch version? :lol:

this game is full of SJW and it is, I saw 0 Sexyness within the game.

Personally I like that instead of putting women in bikinis they started to come up with actual character and armor designs, MKX Kitana is one of the my favorite character designs in any MK game. If you don't like that then fine but I think it's quite dumb to shout SJW at a game that's about tearing each other to pieces with brutal executions... and they always add the classic "titty girl" costumes too anyway.

But really, I don't get it, MK11 Skarlet looks a ton better than the "titty girl in a bikini" outfit she had in MK9:
Posted Image
Wut, she's wearing stuff a character who lives in Outworld would actually wear? How dare those SJWs come up with cool stuff, where are the tits?!

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 06:12 AM

User is offline   axl 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 April 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

Correct. It was such a nice return to form.

I have also played MK10... but didn't really like the new characters that much... MK9 was pretty much spot on.

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 21 April 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

That's because it was in development before Boon became WB bitch. Still my favorite MK despite some its flaws. Also fuck them for ruining Sheeva in MK11. I truly regret wanting to see her since MK10, damned monkey's paw.

That said, Killer Instinct is the best latest Western fighting game, especially gameplay-wise.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 21 April 2019 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 April 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

That said, Killer Instinct is the best latest Western fighting game, especially gameplay-wise.

Yep and what's interesting about that is it seems to me that NetherRealm started to steal things from KI for MK11: the game seems a bit slower, long combos got toned down a bit and they said that overall the game focuses on footsies now instead of just rushing the other guy with some 50/50 mixups. That looks like KI's approach to me where executing moves is easy as hell and the challenge is coming from outthinking the other guy. That will be awesome if they execute it well so I'm kinda excited about the game even if my man (Quan Chi) is missing from the roster now.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 07:33 AM

I think you're giving them too much credit. If we speak of gameplay it seems that they took inspiration from SFV which is shit but still mainstream (mainly because of money), by the way.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostSledgehammer, on 21 April 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

I think you're giving them too much credit. If we speak of gameplay it seems that they took inspiration from SFV which is shit but still mainstream (mainly because of money), by the way.

A lot of people complained about MK9 and MKX focusing too much on 50/50s so I kinda expect them to switch the gameplay to the more footsie based stuff at this point. Also while in terms of the combat system MKX was a giant leap forward from MK9 one of its biggest flaws was that zoning was just not possible because of that shitty running. MK11 doesn't have running so fingers crossed that it's footsies + zoning now.

I loved MKX but really it was just kinda fucking dumb that your go to strategy was rushing the guy and spamming 50/50 combos to make him guess on block. :lol: Opening up your opponent took no effort because if you played as guys like Quan Chi (a character that's pretty shit at mixups) you always had 2 or 3 strings you could do a full combo from where one string had an overhead and another had a low. So you just run at the guy, start a low string, if he blocks it and there's no punish you start with the overhead... one of those will land and you get a full combo. :lol:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 08:28 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Not a fan of MK and never have been, so I have no dog in this fight.

I don't care how covered or uncovered the fighters are, except insofar as the developers are clearly being dishonest about it and promoting a double-standard (see link below). For the male fighters, showing lots of skin and having impractical costumes is just fine. For the ladies, it's not. And the developers are proud of this. It's a fantasy fighting game with ridiculous moves and fatalities etc, why the hell should anyone care about clothing realism?

https://youtu.be/fLSK8AfxDPo?t=102

User is offline   leilei 

*reminded of the Ion Maiden unrelated DNF concept art removal backlash*

You still have plenty of options for tiddy fighters if that's so important to you. MK11 going the modest route are not taking those away.

(not being called Street Fighter hurts the most as Capcom invests so much promotion into that SFV trainwreck and its global brand awareness for not being a edgy gorefest probably helps too. no i don't trust them to make a new darkstalkers either, not because they'll "censor tiddy kitty" but they'll dlc it up to all hell, screw matchmaking somewhere and/or have an account system required, and leave it for dead for more SF)

This post has been edited by leilei: 21 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postleilei, on 21 April 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

You still have plenty of options for tiddy fighters if that's so important to you.

Is this supposed to be a reply to me? If so, try reading my post. I explicitly said that I don't care about MK since I'm not a fan anyway and I explicitly said that I don't care about how covered the fighters are. My point was about the developers and their statements. See the link too if you can be bothered.

User is offline   leilei 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 April 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

See the link too if you can be bothered.

This guy?
Spoiler

lol no thanks

This post has been edited by leilei: 21 April 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 21 April 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

Not a fan of MK and never have been, so I have no dog in this fight.

I don't care how covered or uncovered the fighters are, except insofar as the developers are clearly being dishonest about it and promoting a double-standard (see link below). For the male fighters, showing lots of skin and having impractical costumes is just fine. For the ladies, it's not. And the developers are proud of this. It's a fantasy fighting game with ridiculous moves and fatalities etc, why the hell should anyone care about clothing realism?

https://youtu.be/fLSK8AfxDPo?t=102

I completely understand that if your not a fan your not a fan.

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postleilei, on 21 April 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

This guy?

Fine, you think that TheQuartering is an extremist because of some click-bait preview images he put on his videos, even though he's a moderate-liberal who voted for Obama. Whatever.

The point is that the MK devs are being dishonest in claiming that their female costumes are motivated by realism, when in fact virtually nothing in the game is realistic, including the male costumes that show lots of skin. It seems like a very simple point.

Also, I'm tired of the strawmen. If someone (not me) complains about female character design becoming very covered-up or just blocky and unattractive, they get accused of wanting "bikinis" or "titty fighters". There's a middle ground. A person can want costumes that are attractive but still relatively modest and not ridiculous. Hell, look at a typical female MMA fighter.

User is offline   leilei 

The over-sexualization in MK was mostly a 6th generation thing that tapered down after a while with a couple of embarrassing rare exceptions like Skarlet and Mileena. Going modest from there is more of a return to form. MKX was already heading this way years ago.

Spoiler

less of this is fine.

This post has been edited by leilei: 21 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postleilei, on 21 April 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

The over-sexualization in MK was mostly a 6th generation thing that tapered down after a while with a couple of embarrassing rare exceptions like Skarlet and Mileena. Going modest from there is more of a return to form. MKX was already heading this way years ago.

Spoiler

less of this is fine.

Well to be fair that was Mileena's secret costume, the one you got for beating all the challenges in the challenge tower but looking back at MK9 what bothered me the most about the characters was their body proportions and their "fake boobs". Wtf is this shit and her face just looks weird:
Posted Image
This on the other hand was a lot more pleasing in MKX:
Posted Image
It looks like Sonya, it's sexy but it's not cringefest levels of "14 year old boys will jerk off to this" sexy and it just a cool classic costume.

And yeah, TheQuartering is just mindless outrage media for people who want to be outraged. Like how the fuck can you consider fucking Baraka a "male character"? :lol: On top of that the story of MK11 is about the characters meeting their past selves so they brought back a lot of classic designs and guess what: in the old games the women were covered up while a lot of the male characters were shirtless (Johnny, Jax, Liu Kang comes to mind) while others usually showed abs or parts of a chest here and there (Shao Kahn for sure, Kano too maybe). This is the freakin' story:
https://www.youtube....h?v=lQFZC6dzauM

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 02:55 PM

View Postleilei, on 21 April 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Going modest from there is more of a return to form.

Do not pollute the word "modesty", there is nothing modest about this, it's just plain ugliness and terrible designs combined with terrible business practices (always online, denuvo, microtransactions). I'm not even going to mention half naked guys with extreme violence or how the devs basically said "fuck you" to anyone who complain which is extremely childish and unprofessional.
Spoiler

The last thing this word need is to become another meaningless buzzword term.

As for modesty, I'd rather see it being encouraged in real life, at least it would actually benefit the society. Sexual revolution was a huge mistake.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 21 April 2019 - 03:12 PM

Sheeva was better looking in MK 2 movie even know that movie is terrible.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Sheeva looks like a black man but Frost looks amazing. :lol: Fuck titty girls, give me more of these armor designs. :lol:

Edit: Oh, gameplay footage reveals that Frost is basically a cyborg now. :huh: Okay NetherRealm, that's a win in my book, hopefully she plays a bit like Cyber Sub-Zero from MK9.

Spoiler, kinda.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 03:43 PM

It's overdesigned and looks like a character from Western MMO. Even MKX design was better because it was faithful to the original.
Posted Image

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

I never liked the female Sub-Zero look, it's lazy and we kinda had that already with Cassie's Sub-Zero costume in MKX.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 03:47 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Btw. the list of the DLC characters leaked... and there's no Quan Chi. :lol:
https://www.reddit.c..._files/?depth=2

View PostZaxx, on 21 April 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

I never liked the female Sub-Zero look, it's lazy and we kinda had that already with Cassie's Sub-Zero costume in MKX.

It's not like MMO designs aren't lazy though. At least female Sub-Zero doesn't look like she's out of place, hell, she's very pleasant to look at if anything. I guess NRS designers left the company or were fired for their leaks of concept art which had actually great designs. By the way there was D'vorah MK11 deisgn leak which was pretty good compared to the final version, just as usual. Pretty much almost every character is suffering from this. Either those designs are plain boring or characters are ugly as hell, most of the time it's both though.

View PostZaxx, on 21 April 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Btw. the list of the DLC characters leaked... and there's no Quan Chi. :lol:
https://www.reddit.c..._files/?depth=2

If Sheeva didn't look like a man I'd probably grab the game. Kind of ironic because I even pre-ordered MK10 expecting to see her and now that they finally decided to include her they had to fuck her up as bad as possible (though I settled for another character still). What a slap in the face. If I've seen her in such list for MKX I'd probably feel a joy, now I feel nothing but a disappointment. But hey, at least it has insane amount of disgusting gore I suppose. Works well combined with ugliness of the game itself, kinda makes me puke (I bet the game will be heavily censored in Japan because it's a big no-no here, assuming they release it at all because it's not available on Steam in Japan yet).

Either way, it's not like I'm going to miss much. Guilty Gear, UNIEST, Melty Blood, Samurai Shodown with KOF will keep me busy as usual and if I'll need to play MK I'll go for MK1-3 or MK9.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 21 April 2019 - 04:23 PM

Holy shit. can't we talk about the damn game's gameplay? Why does every discussion of MK11 on the internet always boil down to the female designs?
/vent over

I have to say I'm looking forward to how MK11 plays out. It's been confirmed MK9 style blockdashes are back and that makes me really happy. I like that the safe 50/50s and pure rushdown nonsense with shit antiairs from MKX is gone and it's closer to MK9 without being exactly like it either (stuff like variations and interactables still remain, to say nothing of flawless block, the new meter system or fatal blow) Feels more like a proper sequel to MK9 than what MKX was.

Roster could have been a bit better. Too few of the MK3 cast (though DLC will address this thankfully) and a few of the MK1 chars could have sat one out (Kano and Sonya particularly) I'm really looking forward to playing as Noob Saibot. Dude looks fun as fuck with his new sickle moves.

This post has been edited by Futuretime23: 21 April 2019 - 04:49 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostFuturetime23, on 21 April 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

I like that the safe 50/50s and pure rushdown nonsense with shit antiairs from MKX is gone

Let's wait and see if that will really be the case though because I really don't believe that they'll fully remove safe 50/50s. There's always one or two absolute bullshit characters, especially at release so it wouldn't surprise me if we still saw some MK9 Sonya / MKX Erron Black level nonsense. MK9 and MKX were both full of safe mixups (okay, MKX had more) so if NRS really keeps their promise about MK11 being different that will be miracle sort of. :lol:

One thing is for sure: I'm really, REALLY fucking glad that running is gone. It was a nice idea to bring it back for X so that all the MK3 fans could have some nostalgia and there was an effort to balance it but they failed at that. Running and all the armored moves fully cancelled out zoning, I still remember my shock how shit Kenshi was after him being one of the best fighters in MK9. :lol:

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 21 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

Movement was weird in X. walking was atrociously slow in that game, so it's like you always had to run or do safe forward advancing strings (Tremor says hi!) which was also another huge issue X had and 9 didn't.
Dashing was also odd in X, feels delayed. I just generally don't like moving in X. Half the time I play X I'm wishing it to be as smooth and precise as 9's movement was.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, I missed MK9's smooth dashing and the block dash cancels in MKX too, it just felt right.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options