Duke4.net Forums: 20190407-7543 - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

20190407-7543  "20190407-7543 Bug Report"

User is offline   Paul B 

Mirror reflections & reflected Shrinker shot rebounds are working. Thank you!

It appears now that TROR \ SOS has been completely broken with this release. The map I am testing with is The Rock.map.

Problems:
1) Unable to teleport through extended blockable sectors.
2) Unable to navigate map as invisible SOS walls block the player from passing through the current and visible sectors
3) Passing through sloped TROR sectors now clips Duke into different sectors.
4) Clipping problems in general with SOS where a player will just magically get dropped into an adjacent SOS sector.

These problems affect all video modes. Including Polymer.

This post has been edited by Paul B: 08 April 2019 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Known issues, will be resolved soon. Thanks for the report.

User is offline   Paul B 

TerminX, on 08 April 2019 - 10:14 AM, said:

Known issues, will be resolved soon. Thanks for the report.

I really feel useless. I wish I was able to assist with fixing these problems but unfortunately all I can do is complain. haha =) Thanks TerminX you and your team are AWESOME !!!

• el fundador

Thanks for being so understanding about the temporary breakage during our work to improve the engine. :lol:

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I made a comment in the Polymer thread about the problems after the Polymost update and realized soon after posting it was kinda dickish. Wanted to use the opportunity to apologize here. Recent changes are massive, so it's surely a lot of work to get everything back on track.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Paul B, on 08 April 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

I really feel useless. I wish I was able to assist with fixing these problems but unfortunately all I can do is complain. haha =) Thanks TerminX you and your team are AWESOME !!!

Keep it coming. We can't know everything that's wrong if our users don't speak up with what they notice.

NightFright, on 08 April 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

I made a comment in the Polymer thread about the problems after the Polymost update and realized soon after posting it was kinda dickish. Wanted to use the opportunity to apologize here. Recent changes are massive, so it's surely a lot of work to get everything back on track.

Likewise.

User is offline   axl 

NightFright, on 08 April 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

Recent changes are massive, so it's surely a lot of work to get everything back on track.

Ditto here. Really appreciate all the work you guys put in Eduke32... You guys are keeping this community alive and are making sure Duke Nukem 3D will live forever. And now with NBlood, Ion Maiden, the new classic shading in polymost... the future has never looked better !

A bit off topic: i noticed the mentioning of VoidSW in the new changelog... Is this what i think it is ? :lol:

User is online   Mark 

Are all these break/fixes just on the game playing side and Mapster is still safe and probably not corrupting any maps?

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Posted Image

• el fundador

Mark, on 08 April 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Are all these break/fixes just on the game playing side and Mapster is still safe and probably not corrupting any maps?

Yeah, it won't corrupt anything.

User is offline   NY00123 

This one applies to r7574, but I've thought that maybe this thread can turn into a general thread for reporting bugs related to the recent changes with the clipping.

Either way, as of r7574, you can easily make Duke climb to this room in E1L1 (behind the cinema screen), without even breaking the window at all:

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0007.png

This post has been edited by NY00123: 13 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options