• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SIGIL  "Split from "John Romero and Adrian Carmack's new FPS""

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, you can always digitize the music and use them as soundtrack replacement. Anyway, I will probably play this more than once, so I'll check the MIDIs and the CD tracks.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

I read Romero's response wrong at first and thought he said "...for abandoned project Sigil" and nearly had a heart attack for a second

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostNancsi, on 25 March 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

I guess he is not our Jimmy.

He is our Jimmy, just not this Jimmy. Glad to see he got picked up. Cool shit.

Delayed AGAIN

Damn it, John.....

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

JOHN ROMERO'S ABOUT TO MAKE YOU HIS BITCH... SOMETIME IN THE INDETERMINATE FUTURE.

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

sigil-life 3

User is offline   axl 

View PostJimmy 100MPH, on 08 April 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

JOHN ROMERO'S ABOUT TO MAKE YOU HIS BITCH... SOMETIME IN THE INDETERMINATE FUTURE.

Good one ! :lol:

• The Truth is in here

Trollolo lo LOL lolo LOL lolo loooo, trollolo lo loooo... :lol:

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 April 2019 - 08:26 AM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostMajor Tom, on 08 April 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Delayed AGAIN

Damn it, John.....

That's unfortunate. He also mentioned recently that he's working on a strategy game for Paradox that will be revealed at E3, so Blackroom is most certainly dead.

https://www.pcgamer....e-with-paradox/

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Hey, he straight up said they will start shipping beginning of May, so at least we have a specific date now.

• The Truth is in here

Since Romero didn't talk much about Blackroom recently (which is rather an understatement), I didn't assume it was still a thing, anyway. The idea was ambitious though, would have liked to see a playable version.

Let's hope Sigil sold OK so we may get that Doom 2 episode still Romero kinda promised in that case, though.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 08 April 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

That's unfortunate. He also mentioned recently that he's working on a strategy game for Paradox that will be revealed at E3, so Blackroom is most certainly dead.

I may be in the wrong here but the first thing I thought when it was announced that Paradox and Romero Games are working on a strategy game was that chances are it's Brenda's project. I don't know how big the studio is but I don't think it's impossible that they have more than one game in the oven somewhere.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 09 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

View PostZaxx, on 09 April 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

I may be in the wrong here but the first thing I thought when it was announced that Paradox and Romero Games are working on a strategy game was that chances are it's Brenda's project. I don't know how big the studio is but I don't think it's impossible that they have more than one game in the oven somewhere.

I would love for that to be the case. The press release (posted below) makes it sound like they're both involved in the project, but that could limited to the fact that John's the co-owner of the studio.

STOCKHOLM - Apr. 2, 2019 - Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games for worldwide audiences, and Romero Games have today announced they are working together on an upcoming strategy game based on original IP. Brenda Romero and John Romero, known for their successful work with Doom, Quake, Jagged Alliance, Wizardry 8 and many more iconic games, are bringing their decades of development expertise to this partnership with the strategy fanatics of Paradox Interactive, publishers of Cities: Skylines, Crusader Kings II, Stellaris and other hardcore strategy titles.

To get all the latest on this unannounced title, sign up for the newsletter here: romeroxparadox.com

“We are thrilled to work with industry legends, Brenda and John Romero, whose games we’ve grown up playing ourselves and long admired,” said Ebba Ljungerud, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “At Paradox Interactive, we’ve built a reputation for top-tier strategy games and we’re employing that expertise to help build something really special with the team at Romero Games.”

“This has been a project we’ve been wanting to work on for a long time, so it’s especially exciting that we’ll be partnering with Paradox Interactive to fully realize that dream,” said Brenda Romero, Co-Founder of Romero Games. “We can’t wait to tell everyone more, so make sure you watch this space!”

For more information on Paradox Interactive, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com. For more information on Romero Games, please visit www.romerogames.ie

Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.

The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox also owns White Wolf Interactive, though none of the publisher’s employees are vampires.

Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden and in Delft, The Netherlands. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.

https://www.gamasutr...Original_IP.php

• The Truth is in here

Blackroom has never officially been cancelled AFAIK. It's currently "on ice", I'd say.

User is offline   NNC 

Romero screwed it again. I was very excited in January, and gradually lost interested in this. With the game's possible release in July nobody will care. Daikatana effect at it again. This man never learns from his previous mistakes.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 09 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

• The Truth is in here

The worst thing is the actual wad is finished already since ages (only the recent addition of a custom MIDI soundtrack required an update, I guess). It's the commercial version (the coin, the f***ing COIN!) that's causing all the delay.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 10 April 2019 - 03:06 AM

User is offline   NNC 

View PostNightFright, on 09 April 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

The worst thing is the actual wad is finished already since ages (only the recent addition of a custom MIDI soundtrack required an update, I guess). It's the commercial version (the coin, the f***ing COIN!) that's causing all the delay.

Someone should tell Romero noone cares about his ripped head and stupid coin.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Yeah, that's why it got so many preorders.

• The Truth is in here

Well, TBH I only ordered because of the Romero signature (Beast Box), soundtrack and the floppy disk stick. I really don't care much about the rest. Oh, and it was a bday gift, so actually I didn't pay anything.

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm just saying, you can't say that for everyone who preordered.

User is offline   Rimantas 

Romero was good enough to design early 90s games with talented team ID Software. What this never-grown-up deathmatcher can do with control in his hands, we can see in Daikatana, Blackroom, SIGIL. I appreciate his work with Doom, but i don't think he is serious man.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 10 April 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

Yeah, that's why it got so many preorders.

its there an actual number somewhere?

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah. I guess that's a good point. I think I confused this with another physical box game project that required so many minimum preorders before it got off the ground. Forget I said anything. Or don't forget and hold it over me lol. Either way I was wrong.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

No I'm curious for real lol. I assume it probably sold a lot more than IM big box, given Romero's status. Also I take it his boxes were non limited so he probably did sell a lot. (not to mention doom fan base is huge). If you ask me he probably surpassed 100k in revenue.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostRimantas, on 10 April 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Romero was good enough to design early 90s games with talented team ID Software. What this never-grown-up deathmatcher can do with control in his hands, we can see in Daikatana, Blackroom, SIGIL. I appreciate his work with Doom, but i don't think he is serious man.

The maps will be good, I'm sure about that as how awesome his levels were in 2016. His problem is his lack of leadership skills, he needs that watchdog who controls every move he makes.

• The Truth is in here

Interesting news: According to Romero's latest statements, there will be three wads: The wad for modern sourceports, a wad named "sigil_compat" for older ports without MAPINFO support (replaces ep.3 instead of adding a fifth episode - because ep.4 is "really cool" according to Romero and shouldn't be replaced) and a third one with the Buckethead music in MP3 format.

To my big surprise, it appears that the Buckethead soundtrack will actually be part of the FREE release, not restricted to buyers of the limited editions.

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 April 2019 - 04:18 AM

• The Truth is in here

Ok, the rumor about the Buckethead soundtrack being free has been (gratefully) debunked. Jimmy's MIDI music is what will come with both versions (no surprise). The boxed release will have two music wads, one for MAPINFO-based ports (GZDoom etc) and another for those without.

This means there will be four wads in total:
- sigil.wad
- sigil_compat.wad
- sigil_shreds.wad (for sigil.wad)
- sigil_shreds_compat.wad (for sigil_compat.wad)

This post has been edited by NightFright: 13 April 2019 - 11:16 AM

Shacknews has a very thorough article on the still-unreleased Sigil:

https://www.shacknew...e=2#detail-view

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 13 April 2019 - 08:59 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostNightFright, on 13 April 2019 - 04:12 AM, said:

and a third one with the Buckethead music in MP3 format.

MP3? Why...

User is offline   NNC 

I really like the idea of illuminati eyes as semi-shootable items. I thought the original concept of shootable walls was a pretty broken idea, no wonder it was only used once in the first Doom (in E1M2), and later once in Doom II (Spirit World, where it caused a major confusion to players). You can even wonder how noone came up with this idea in the last 25 years, but Romero, as douche as he can be, is still the best leveldesigner in business.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 14 April 2019 - 03:28 AM

Share this topic:

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options