Duke4.net Forums: AMC TC Episode Three released - Duke4.net Forums

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC Episode Three released  "Grab it here!"

User is offline   Jblade 

Level's optional, if you're not enjoying it you don't need to finish it to beat the episode (you can abort a mission with the PDA)

F ... B .... Feed Back !

_City Under Siege : Intro shows no difference. Oh no wait ! THAT FUCKING AMC TRANSPORT VOXELS RENDERS TOO F***ING WELL IN CUTSCENES !!! Sorry ^^. So right off the bat I notice that the AMC Footsoldiers that we have with us aren't 100% women (machism FTW). I suppose it's randomly determined but I like it, for variety's sake (weak anti-machist attempt). Because of an odd glitch that prevents me from opening the door I must leave them in the storage room (no more occasion to be machist) though it's supposedly fixed by now.

The first real differences I spot are 1_ The Alien Armagedon poster in the mall and 2_ The new mall music which I barely had time to hear because of pausing to write this feedback T_T. First street, new dumbster and grafittis which is a start. Hearing the new gunshot for the EDF Soldiers doesn't appeal to me, I prefered their old firing sound from Ep2, those with the M-60 at least. Occasion to talk about their new sprites. They're cool compared to their older counterparts although when they're walking towards you it feels like their sliding up to you due to their legs' movements being barely perceptible. I still like the new design.

Some new elements under the "Guilty" sign, the fact there are ammo for the 2nd and 4th weapons is cool because I tend to say that this level is one of the very few in which you can run out of ammo for certain guns if you play alone. It never handicapped me thanks to my experience but it's worth noting that it is less likely to happen now. Let's get shrunk. Inside the lego house the first floor now boasts a fridge and the 7th gun. Nice to find it earlier than before IMO. How can it be so lighty despite there being no real window ? Does the flashlight still exist or what ? I also notice ALL floors have Pezzes lying arround, it's a good thing because when you don't have armor on, this is one of the hardest sections of the level because you can barely dodge attacks. Nice to see that the speedometer on the bikes no longer does crazy shit now.

Next stop ... new music ? Stalker 2 from PS1 ? Bof there could have been better choices personally ... I still don't say no to the fresh air it brings. Cinema and ... "Bomb in the Shell" ? Nice play on words there man. In the cinema rooms I only spotted the brand new Alien Armagedon picture which is quite a looker I must say, WAY better than the old animation (and it kinda pushes me to be arsed giving it a try). Going to the Bar. Some more new dumbsters with ammo, still nice. I notice there are more soldiers now, it's good because I'm having the feeling that they are not as effective as they used to be so extra arms for compensation is good. The bar has nothing different although the 2 guys on the roof are gone now, I guess this is where the compensation comes from ? The bank is a bit more furnished in overall, especially the top floor. No more difference from now on.

_Alien Ship : So this has its own level now ? Okay then, if it can help on the performance department I aprove. Right off the bat, new sprite for buttons, it's good because it makes them more distinguishable from the rest of the holographic stuff in the environement. Also 150 ammo for the Chaingun instead of 100, I approve. Doesn't change much since I can still smugle my temporary weapon inside ! No real difference on an architectural point of view though, already looks good as it is anyway. Why replacing the 2 Enforcers that ambush you by 2 measly troopers ? I prefere it with Enforcers especially since they can bring you extra Chaingun ammo which is more effective against the boss. (190 something regular Chaingun VS more than 210 Red Chaingun) Unless you smugle something else that is. In the escaping sequence I notice there aren't as many Plasma Commander as before, it renders the sequence easier though I must admit that, on my first playthrough years ago, I almost got shotdown despite winning first try. No more differences after that. BUT why is there no music at the bar with the bikers ? It makes watching this bit boring unless it's a glitch ?

Conclusion : A good deal of aesthetics has been added. It's really nice because it was pretty much what I thought to be the least detailed map of the whole episode in the old version. And the additional ammo is good for those who, like me, like going solo. I regularly ran out of ammo for these guns back then, didn't mind it because I used them up optimally but still. And having more 7th ammo due to finding the gun earlier is very nice since it's the rarest gun in the majority of levels. Lastly splitting the level into 2 separate maps must be a good idea for performance.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 02 April 2019 - 11:06 PM

User is offline   Rhaisher 

@James.

How's the patch progress going? Can we expect an official release soon? I do not intend to make you feel stressed over its release, it's just that today I've started my holydays and would like to finally play EP3 itself, not only EDF missions. I'd like to do it as smooth as possible, only that. :lol:

As always, thank you for all your efforts.

Cheers! :lol:

User is offline   Jblade 

https://www.moddb.co...h#downloadsform

View PostJblade, on 03 April 2019 - 03:55 AM, said:

That was quick, lol. :lol:

Thank you very much! :lol:

EDIT: Camera crash still occurring, unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Rhaisher: 03 April 2019 - 05:36 AM

User is offline   John Brown 

That was indeed fast. I have a couple days off from work coming up so I intend to finish Ep 3 on Pro this weekend with the new patch, I'll let you know if anything comes up. (as of now I left off after finishing Mikko's Mars level, and the only problem I had was the boss's AI going haywire but I see that's fixed in the new patch's notes; no other issues to report)

Cheers for the new guns ! Only Micky's 0th gun remaining Posted Image
Speaking of which Are there going to be new golden guns in future patches ? And will Snowfall get golden guns from the other episodes too ?Oh and what do you mean by "Player and allies can snap velcro ropes now" ? What is that velcro rope thing O_o ?

BTI have some stuff to report. A bit too late I'm sorry but it's not urgent either ^^;
1_ Geoffrey's new assault rifle has kind of a color problem when in the rainforest >> Attached Image: duke0000.png
2_ Somehow, I don't know if it's because of the first patch or not, but Merlijn's new hud stopped showing me extra health >> Attached Image: duke0001.png
3_ Also there is still that weird blue pixel in Spookiecut near the first key, dunno if I already reported it >> Attached Image: duke0002.png
4_ Sorry James, I just couldn't resist :lol: (when loading Base 2 from Usermap menu) >> Attached Image: duke0003.png
I also got a chance to test out some of the things that got fixed and it worked fine on my end.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 03 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

I wonder if the patch has increased compatibility with newer snapshot builds...

User is offline   dd209 

One thing I was curious about with Episode 3 since I didn't have any saves from previous episodes: (major Episode 1 spoilers)

Spoiler

This post has been edited by dd209: 03 April 2019 - 11:23 PM

View Postdd209, on 03 April 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

One thing I was curious about with Episode 3 since I didn't have any saves from previous episodes: (major Episode 1 spoilers)

Spoiler

Personally the only thing I saw was the different cutscene that ends the level in question and a variation on what James says during the "Debriefing" sequence.

FEEDBACK !
But first a small thing to say. I have removed parts of it because some levels of Ep2 got changes way too limited to be worth an entry apart from ME being "Hey look, I'm so dedicated to AMC I can spot every wee bit they changed YAY !". Therefore I skipped all the HK levels and a bunch of later ones.

_Repent Base : New music. After what John Brown said I'm willing to develop quickly. Personally I like both the old and new one but I can't decide because they both work for different reasons : Old one works because it accompanies the action and pace of the level, New one is more ambiant and passe-partout. New hacking phase in the Keycard room. It's nice and with a new element : Those blue lights turning into platforms, though it's kinda hard to aprehend at first. Feels like the kind of thing Zaxtor would have done. All for the 7th gun, at least the useless 7th ammo at the end now has a real use. The Keycard room also boasts an 8th weapon, in case the one behind the Yellow door wasn't already enough IMO. New scientists in the Yellow Keycard room along with the Plasma Launcher for Zaxtor, this alone makes replaying the episode worth the trouble. In overal limited changes but for a level this short you couldn't decently expect more IMO.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 04 April 2019 - 12:53 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

View Postdd209, on 03 April 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Spoiler

Lilith does re-appear in a later cutscene as a background character, but other than that there's nothing majorly different. I do want to add in something to justify the effort, it's just time constraints really.

@Jblade

Shouldn't this sector be ceiling-aligned?

Posted Image

Also, look at what an Anubis who fell into a lava pit is causing in the casualties count.

Posted Image

I don't know if this effects the budget since I still have not completed the Egypt part.

As of now, I liked X64-2 a LOT. The Cycloid-based maps of every chapter are really starting to fit togheter. - City Under Siege is still my favourite map. It's the perfect tribute to Duke Nukem 3D. :lol:
Nevertheless, the first time I played it I fell from the aircraft without actually jumping from it. It was a bit confusing. :lol:

Ah! I've finally used the new shells and grenades. Love all of them. :huh:

The Egypt part is a bit confusing. It is obvious that you have to start with Loke's Aqueduct map but, then? I got all the artifacts and managed to get 3 of the 4 keys, but in a later replay, do you recommend a specific order?

As a random thought, it's a shame that we cannot see correctly the number of secrets of each level. I lost track if I left something in a previous visit to each map.

View PostRhaisher, on 04 April 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

The Egypt part is a bit confusing. It is obvious that you have to start with Loke's Aqueduct map but, then? I got all the artifacts and managed to get 3 of the 4 keys, but in a later replay, do you recommend a specific order?

As a random thought, it's a shame that we cannot see correctly the number of secrets of each level. I lost track if I left something in a previous visit to each map.

If I may comment, you don't have to start with Aqueduct. Either of the two rooms on the other side (Sanctuary and Tomb) are also viable starting points, assuming whatever character you chose has decent starting weapons (for example, I had a hard time with Rusty's silver revolvers for some reason, but Sang's golden fireball dominates pretty much everything). What I did today was to do Sanctuary to get the artifact there, then Tomb's artifact, then run and jump to get the one in Catacomb, then go to Aqueduct, because you'll be as equipped as you can possibly be (aside from the artifact you get from Deep Waterway, which is only accessible from Aqueduct). Then I went through and cleared out the other three areas.

For the secrets, what I had to do when secret hunting was make a text file and actually write down the number of secrets I found, using the total number for each sublevel. There should be 20 secrets total, but not knowing which ones is super annoying, I agree.

Personally I do Tomb-Sanctuary-Tomb-Aquaducts-Sanctuary-Catacombs. Thanks to some wall-jumping I can finish The Tomb earlier than intended with or even without the Super Sandals.

Feedback !
After this there will be 2 posts left before tackling Episode 3. And there will be something I'll have to explain about the Egyptian levels due to their special nature.

_Jungle Base Part 1 : Nice little introduction. And new music ... I aprove because the old one tended to be a bit intrusive, especially since it was the old Providence theme. It also grealty helps hearing and understanding what the fossa can tell you with his quiet voice. The new weed sprites I had noticed in Ep1 give a nice homogeneous effect in this area. I believe there is an additional Lost Soul in the underground section. Nothing else worth noting.

_Jungle Base Part 2 : New music. Personally I prefere the old one but I kinda like the new one, took me a while to get used to it. Right away the 2 regular troopers have evolved, a first surprise. So now the armory gives us a Plasma Gun which nice considering the number of supernatural enemies that there is. Later we encounter a brand new Pigcop and holy shit is it dangerous with its rate of fire ! But using the Devastator makes short work of it. So now the dark underground section is accessed directly uh ? And this is where I realise that the flashlight is no more ... not a big loss though. 2 scientist in the Wolverine's room. I was starting to wonder if it was going to be worth carrying on with the episode but I stand relieved right now. The VERY much DREADED timing based switch code has become MUCH MUCH MUCH more manageable now, THANK FREAKING GOODNESS !.After the Yellow key we face a Plasma Commander which is a good change IMO given how much firepower we got at this point. The escape sequence is rendered MUCH more challenging because of those new Pigcops, good thing you can store tons of HP with Zaxtor because you definitely got no time to waste. And good thing I already got the Armagedon medal for it because I can't imagine how violent it must be O_o

Conclusion : So most of the changes rely on enemies really, namely that new Pigcop which makes the level more challenging all by itself. No aesthetic changes apart from the new weed texture. Can't touch a Zaxtor level man !

Sorry I double-post =(
I saw 2 small glitches. 1_ With the Cultist, if you run out of Shogtun ammo he will still load up 2 shells but that's all >> Attached Image: duke0000.png

2_ For once I got to use the Dethawing Kit upgrade with a medkit and this happened >> Attached Image: duke0001.png I'm blue dadabee daboudaaa !

Guess who has two thumbs and finally found all the secrets in Jungle Pyramid? THIS GUY.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0053.png

View PostJohn Brown, on 05 April 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Guess who has two thumbs and finally found all the secrets in Jungle Pyramid? THIS GUY.

I'm in the middle of that level. Looking good so far. Zaxtor, as always, creating new ways of confusing, frustrating and killing us. Love it. <3

Just to share a bit more feedback, I'm roughly halfway/two thirds of the way through Ep 3 with the newest patch on Pro difficulty.

A few issues so far:

1. In Micky Begins, there is a window that cannot be passed through, however shooting through it works fine (see attachment). It was on the bottom floor, left of the stairs. I'm not really bothered by it that much as I don't remember much more than shotgun ammo being in that room; since this is Pro difficulty, I assumed that noclipping is disabled so I didn't check.
2. Also in Micky Begins, the dialogue part on the roof is still cancelled out when the Cycloid ship warps away; my workaround is to just wait until it warps out, then trigger the radio conversation.
3. During the ending cutscene, with the gas part and the good guys and bad guys' conversations, it kept playing the music from the "surprise" part.

Regarding new stuff, the new Barrett rifle looks good to me. I only tried the new weapons for a bit; Micky's new pistol is all right but I didn't have a lot of time to use it in Eviction Notice and ran out of ammo pretty quickly but it did its job well, and for Geoffrey's new auto-shotgun, I went through Chaosphere with him but only found that weapon in the boss arena. I did wipe out the jobber enemies with it, at least, and the weapon seemed decent enough. I also heard some of Zaxtor's new lines, something about "Fossa Friday" (how appropriate). Unrelated to the patch, I also realized that his Galil can fire nukes, so I brought one with me into Jungle Pyramid and one-shotted the boss's first phase, it was glorious.

And I did find one diggable spot in Ep 3 but did not have a shovel, dang. I tried backtracking back to the FOB to change my melee weapon to a shovel, but it wouldn't let me so I was stuck with a knife, ah well.
Spoiler

No other bugs/crashes/general weirdness to report.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0000.png

This post has been edited by John Brown: 05 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

I've just finished The Jungle Pyramid. It's been lots of fun (and lots of quick saves and quick loads, of course).
I'm curious: I've brought the Ghost Glasses with me to the AMC Squad. Neat. But is there anything else like a new speciality weapon/artifact?
I'm asking because I've managed to get only 4 of the 6 secrets and I wasn't able to open one of the doors (not sure if it's meant to be open or just decoration - on the floor where you have to jump quick the wall to reach it). :huh:

Also, lots of devastator ammo, but didn't find the weapon until the boss fight. :lol:

Now I'm with Micky Begins. Man, the nostalgia where James inserted that joke about HIS origins. :lol:

Really liking this mission. The shrinker section is a masterpiece. And loved how the music transports you through the action. It really changes the aura of the level when you reach the SMART suit.

^There is the Ballistic Mask, which prevents enemy shots from affecting your vision (I think), but I honestly forget where it is found and I never equipped it after that. The most useful to me was the flippers, found in Aqueduct, that let you swim faster, however I also have not equipped that yet (though I can see it being useful in EDF missions probably). I thought about equipping it for replays of the Egyptian levels but it always spawns in Aqueduct so I never bothered. I will say to look out for a certain Shadow Warrior classic, the rail gun, when you get to Geoffrey's level, as it's a temporary weapon (I was going to say "slot 1" weapon until I remembered the loadout screen calls the pistols as slot 1, which confuses me but I will go with it). Being a temp weapon, anybody can equip it, and it is glorious. If you mean specifically in Jungle Pyramid, I think the ghost goggles were the only permanent unlockable but I could be wrong.

Also, another bug, in Xuglop Assault. In the part where you fight the mech (two of them on Pro difficulty), James was inexplicably invincible the entire time. For the rest of the level, he was definitely... vincible, as was Highwire, but during that fight, not a scratch to his health or armor (and pro difficulty means cheats are disabled, right?).

A funny observation, sometimes the AI really goes above and beyond. In Highwire's part of the level, right at the start, one of the AI grunts just... teleported off and went on a one-woman rampage. I am not surprised that it was Agent Valentine, the Master of Unlocking the enemies' deaths apparently.

Finally, I forgot to do Pipe Dream on my Expert replay, but on Pro, I took one of the alternate routes and ended up getting 7/11 secrets (woo, I found more than half of the level's secrets without asking on a forum or watching a guide, that is definitely good enough for me). Are there plans for more one-shot types of maps like this for Eps 4 and/or 5? And I'm assuming that once you get an actress to voice Jane she'll show up in gameplay, hopefully she gets an awesome level that suits how highly James the character speaks of her combat abilities in their phone convo's. On that note I'd like to see Minerva too, but given some clues (or red herrings...) I have a guess on where her story is going.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0110.png
  • Attached Image: duke0109.png

I agree it would be nice to have a level like Pipedream dedicated to Jane Ashford. But then what about Marteen Van Oostrum ? I would well see a reminiscence level with Merlijn and Marteen together against the Necromancer in their first fight in the Netherlands :lol:

FEEDBACK !
Penultimate entry about Ep2. I have skipped James' levels because I found nothing for one of them and I just keep blabbering about the Skybox on the other >_> I also shortened Zeta Base and Arsia Mons because I kept repeating myself.

_Zeta Base : So right away we start out in the open, that's a surprise right off the bat ! Gives the opportunity to see the new Space Suit which is a bit like the regular Enviro Suit except that you are more free of your movements. The outside area where we start is quite nice, it's true we can barely enjoy the sight from the inside so yeah, a really good start !
A nice new fancy elevator truck made out of voxels. Purple Trooper behind the forcefield ? BAD BAD BAD !! Because he spawns 20 drones a minute and he's unkillabe at this point ! BAD guys, BAD (now with the patch he's supposed to have a limit but I haven't been able to test it yet and doesn't change my opinion here). Fitness center looking better than ever, furnished with those voxels. The big restaurant is the best sight so far with all those fancy tables. Globally this will be the main deal, everything looks better with new textures and most areas are well furnished by various margins throughout the level.

Upper floor. Area is looking as good as ever though it tends to lag a bit because of all the voxels arround the place, especially the 2 elevator trucks but it remains cool to play. So now we can close the shutters before the elevator ? I guess it can have some use. Next area has those things to carry the wounded lying around. In overall these new voxels just contribute to making the place more "lively" in a way. New research project in the laboratory !? Glad to see I didn't waste my time, and it also stops me from thinking it was starting to no longer be worth the trouble. And that medical bay, oh boy does it look classy now ! Like a real medical bay actually. Details folks, details. I wonder what's the deal with all those computers that tell you "Non-Authorized User" ...

Back at the bottom. New music ? It's okay, calm and peacefull, just like the other two in a way. The kitchen/restaurant looks very fancy now with the neat reflective floor. So now I understand that the level is actually sread in 3 now ... I suppose this explains why I'm not having notable performance issues, that's nice. So now the Beyonder's room is different, more threatening. It also seems like you could fall down a pit but no in the end. This is probably the second biggest change in the level (along with the starting area). After that I either saw nothing special anymore or I would just repeat myself.

Conclusion : As if it was within any spectrum of the possible, this level has become even more of a looker than it already was. And I especially liked the new starting area which not only smoothly introduces a new Ep3 thing but it also gives us a good sight of the environement. Usually I don't like that level too much because of the extreme longness of it but at least I've had my little blast for this feedback, and finding a new research project topped things up nicely. And spreading the level in 3 maps helped reduce the performance impact dealt by the fancy new voxels.

_Arsia Mons - Sang : It was a bit overdue but it's the occasion to mention the new sprites for the civilians which are nice and on par with the new EDF soldiers' sprites, and the fact they now run around panicked instead of casually walking arround is way more credible than before. Now I notice that you no longer need to take a barrels in order to climb in the buildings. Was that too cryptic to do ? Well dynamism at least ...

Oh so, just like Zeta Base, the level is spread in 2 ? And it doesn't look like there are voxel ships around so no lag, nice ! New music too. Well it's okay, it has the benefits of being more passe-partout than the previous one and it's "quietter" in a way. It doesn't bring much but I still aprove. Now it seems that the green building's 2nd floor can be accessed from various ways, not only do the walkways no longer explode but you can also take an elevator there ! Personally I prefer keeping the old way but I'm guessing it makes it more straight forward for others. Also I find that there is ammo for the 2nd gun which is cool for those who have armor problems. Okay so in the end you no longer need the Keycard ... so what's the purpose of the green building's second floor then ? No reason to go there anymore ... So in the end barely anything changed apart from some limited aesthetic additions and a small level tweak. Don't see what else you guys could have done.

User is offline   Jblade 

On that note I'd like to see Minerva too, but given some clues (or red herrings...) I have a guess on where her story is going.

By all means, share with us in a spoiler tag - I'm really curious to see people's theories about her and Cassandra. There is enough clues there to piece together the truth.

About the invincible bug - I have had that happen myself very rarely and I'm clueless as to the case. I'll solve it eventually, but it is a really weird one.

Personally what stimulates my imagination is more the real identity of the final boss and his backstory >_>
BTW Since we mentioned Jane I got some stuff to report ^^

1_ For some reason Jane isn't affected by the research project Personel 30 (the one with dashes instead of rolls.) Instead of dashing she just remains motionless and consumes her stamina.

2_ Also Jane can't use the alternate fire of the Enfocer Gun and the Red variant.

3_ About the Cultist. I found Explosive shells in a level and basically using his Double Sawn-off with them lets him shoot regular shells but with unlimited ammo. Unless you use the double shot then it will cost you 1 shell each time. And you gain an explosive shell randomly. I'm pretty sure it would do the same with Flechette Shells.

Oh BTW can you tell me what the recharging research from Charon is for ? It says the faster you move, the faster it recharges but I didn't see anything recharge any faster O_o I tried with Energy Shield and Night Visions alike.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 06 April 2019 - 05:51 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

It does with the energy shield, you just need to move faster.

Jane is very much a WIP, she will get polish like the other characters if we can procure a VA for her.

let's hear your theories about the boss then, just keep it in a spoiler tag :lol:

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 April 2019 - 06:01 AM

View PostJblade, on 06 April 2019 - 05:58 AM, said:

It does with the energy shield, you just need to move faster.

Jane is very much a WIP, she will get polish like the other characters if we can procure a VA for her.

let's hear your theories about the boss then, just keep it in a spoiler tag :lol:

Okay I'll pay more attention, but I'm still suspecting there may be a glitch ^^
BTW I had asked about the Blue Bikini Girl Figurine, I found it, it's in the first AMC Base, hence why I thought it was glitched ...

Okay so here's my theory, though you caught be a bit short ^^;

Spoiler

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 06 April 2019 - 06:37 AM

Spoiler theories? All right.

Spoiler

Regarding Ep 3's final boss...

Spoiler

[spooler]Finding out that Magnus is James' father though, that was a bit cliche but I trust you can make it come to a satisfying conclusion.[\spoiler]

Spoiler

Also I did finish my Pro difficulty run of Ep 3, it was an amazing ride, and I'll probably have to put this mod down (finally) for a long break before I tackle the EDF missions. I gave up on trying to find the last few research projects I am missing (cryo+electric grenades, personnel 14+19+27) as I tried MIA-ing everything in eps 1 and 2, and got through part of 3 before I realized lugging around the MIA gun on Pro was not the best idea when that slot could go to a temp weapon with an optic or iron sights instead. I'm sure I'll get those on a later replay. Spookycut was as enjoyable as always, and while on my first run I thought the last Snowfall missions dragged on forever, I really enjoyed them on this playthrough. The only thing I hated was the assassin enemies spamming flash grenades. I don't know if it's the latest patch or just pro difficulty but I have had them throw twenty to thirty flashbangs in a row, and circle strafing/jumping with a white screen got old really fast. Funnily enough, I did have a lot of success luring them around corners with tripwire bombs, it was like old cartoon logic (see attached). And I finally unlocked the extended ending.

Spoiler

One thing I should have mentioned earlier, I do like the conversations you can have with base personnel, but they seem to... reset if you go to the briefing room to change out your character. For example, in Ep 2, after the opening mission they will start talking about the Triads and such, but after switching out characters they go back to talking about LA just now being invaded. My workaround was to just make sure I talk to everybody (I believe there are four in total: soldier in the maintenance room, the armory assistant behind Deeperthought, redhead scientist and another soldier in the dining area) before switching characters. I notice the same with James' phone conversations too, they'd keep resetting to LA just being invaded; I don't remember it doing this for Ep 1, but in Ep 2 it did. I also think it is a good touch that their dialogue can change depending on who the player character is (for example, if you are Sang right before a certain huge plot event happens). Little touches like this... great stuff.

...and yes I found Mikko's pet project in the new base, and read his notes. He is one naughty cult leader.

Overall, I had a great time with Ep 3 and this mod in general and I am very much looking forward to the next one.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0046.png

User is offline   Jblade 

Some good theories :lol:
Spoiler

as for the boss' identity
Spoiler

edit: also about her conversations:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Jblade: 06 April 2019 - 08:05 AM

Ah, okay, that all makes sense.

Also I apologize if this is a sore subject, but are there plans to recast Geoffrey's voice like Rusty? I like Geoffrey's voice lines just fine, I only ask because he seemed awfully quiet and I believe only had two lines in his own mission (though they were funny). He didn't even acknowledge getting his assignment, unlike the others, which is what made me wonder.

User is offline   Jblade 

There is plans to yeah (those 2 lines were just re-purposed from DM taunts basically)

View PostJblade, on 06 April 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Some good theories :lol:
Spoiler

as for the boss' identity
Spoiler

edit: also about her conversations:
Spoiler

YAY :lol: !!

Oh BTW, I got something to report. About Zaxtor's new voiceover. When you pick-up his default SMG I keep hearing Sang saying "Two guns, one warlock" >_> Tested more than once (picked-up 4 guns) and it's constant. I suspect it may do the same with the RC-AP SMG as well.

Share this topic:

• 18 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options