Duke4.net Forums: All Arrovf historic maps (2005 - 2014) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All Arrovf historic maps (2005 - 2014)  "My Duke maps"

User is offline   Arrovf 

Hi to all!
My name is Alejandro and I want to share all my old map releases in one single topic in chronological order. Thanks for watching!

------------------------------------------------------

Zero

• Main game type: Dukematch
  • Year: 2005
  • Min. Duke version: 1.3d

Description:
My first release, a huge map for 4+ players

Posted Image

---> Download Zero by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Z_Skatepark

Description:
A zone of Zero map, only the skatepark area.

Posted Image

---> Download Z_Skatepark by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Arrovf 1

Description:
Small DM map, inspired lightly by a PSX Duke Nukem: Time To Kill multiplayer map.

Posted Image

---> Download Arrovf 1 by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Eagle

Description:
Small DM map, industrial theme.

Posted Image

---> Download Eagle by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Subsuelo

• Main game type: Single Player
  • Supported game types: Single Player, Dukematch, Cooperative

Description:
My first SP release, an underground facility.

Posted Image

---> Download Subsuelo by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Rescate en Kazakhstan

• Year: 2007
  • Min. Duke version: 1.4 (Atomic Edition)

Description:
My first Atomic release, another facility with some surprises.

Posted Image

---> Download Rescate en Kazakhstan by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Cathedral

• Supported game types: Single Player, Cooperative
  • Year: 2013
  • EDuke32 required

Description:
A Cathedral in a coastal city, my favorite release.

Posted Image

Spoiler

---> Download Cathedral by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Cala Pelotas

• Year: 2014
  • Addon required: Caribbean Life's A Beach

Description:
A DM map for Caribbean addon, inspired by the Metal Gear Solid heliport after the effects of extreme global warming.

Posted Image

Spoiler

---> Download Cala Pelotas by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

Skateplaza

• Year: 2014
  • EDuke32 required

Description:
A DM map with some "smooth" architecture. Can also be played in SP and Coop, lots of enemies and final boss included.

Posted Image

---> Download Skateplaza by Arrovf, Duke Nukem 3D map <---

:lol:

User is offline   ck3D 

I've played your maps before. I really like your design style and the architecture in Cathedral was just the right mix of magnificent and clean. Are you mostly a DM player? I'm strictly a SP guy and always kind of lamented (well the word is strong, but...) that your maps designed with SP in mind were scarce. I'm glad you posted this because I had never heard of that Kazakhstan map, I'll definitely give that one a spin soon. Gotta love how even the screenshots of the non-skatepark themed maps all have skate spots (besides #3). The original version of that Zero logo was ripped straight off Kid's shirt in Toy Story by the way, not sure they ever caught flack. Templeton did for the original Toy Machine logo (also a rip-off) and that's how they came up with their new 'monster'.

I've made a few skatepark maps before too, most notably Dukenpark, the secret level in Metropolitan Mayhem. It hasn't aged too well, but it's out there. Also a recreation from the Hook-Ups truck from that one 411VM tour was my contribution to the secret level in Duke Hard, recently I was thinking of sending it to Jeremy Wray as he's big into video games, super nerdy shit though.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 02 April 2019 - 05:32 AM

User is offline   Arrovf 

View Postck3D, on 02 April 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

I've played your maps before. I really like your design style and the architecture in Cathedral was just the right mix of magnificent and clean. Are you mostly a DM player? I'm strictly a SP guy and always kind of lamented (well the word is strong, but...) that your maps designed with SP in mind were scarce. I'm glad you posted this because I had never heard of that Kazakhstan map, I'll definitely give that one a spin soon. Gotta love how even the screenshots of the non-skatepark themed maps all have skate spots (besides #3). The original version of that Zero logo was ripped straight off Kid's shirt in Toy Story by the way, not sure they ever caught flack. Templeton did for the original Toy Machine logo (also a rip-off) and that's how they came up with their new 'monster'.

I've made a few skatepark maps before too, most notably Dukenpark, the secret level in Metropolitan Mayhem. It hasn't aged too well, but it's out there. Also a recreation from the Hook-Ups truck from that one 411VM tour was my contribution to the secret level in Duke Hard, recently I was thinking of sending it to Jeremy Wray as he's big into video games, super nerdy shit though.

Thanks for playing :lol: , maybe the Kazakhstan map is the least known of my SP maps, I hope you enjoy it!

Cathedral map is inspired by this city spot: https://www.google.c...=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

I'm mostly a SP player but I know, I have more DM than SP maps, well, next map will be SP, sure :huh:

A few years ago I had a Toy Machine deck signed by Ed Templeton, I could have saved it but I skated it until it was destroyed.

I will check your maps :lol:

This post has been edited by Arrovf: 02 April 2019 - 06:06 AM

User is offline   Perro Seco 

Having played all the maps in single player, dukematch and cooperative, I can say they are fun to play and very well designed, even the older ones. I played Subsuelo several times, it was one of my favourites from that decade. Skateplaza is also very good not only for DM but also for SP.

View PostArrovf, on 02 April 2019 - 06:02 AM, said:

next map will be SP, sure :lol:
I hope we can see more of that episode you talked about in Cathedral. :lol:

User is offline   Gambini 

Arrovf is part of the local elite on DukespaƱa and has won a couple of mapping contests there.

I remember enjoying Rescate en Kazakhstan quite a lot. Would be my recomendation to start with (unless the maps are meant to be played in that specific order).

User is offline   LakiSoft 

Alejandro, thank you so much for making this masterpieces. I just beaten Subsuelo and it was great map. I really enjoyed it. It's like mix of both old-school and modern mappig style. Really enjoyable map. One of best maps i ever played, and very well balanced too. I give it my 10\10 mark :lol: Can't wait to try your other maps as well, this looks amazing. Thank you!

User is offline   Merlijn 

I remember playing 'Cathredal', that map is fantastic! I can recommend it to everyone.

Just checked skateplaza and I love the design, will check out your other SP maps as well. :lol:

User is offline   Arrovf 

Thanks to everyone for the words! :lol:

Uhm 5 years since my latest map, maybe is time to make something new :lol:

User is offline   Dukebot 

I know Arrovf from other spanish communities and played all his SP maps. All of them are great and my favorite one is Cathedral. I live in the same Place as Arrovf and I can say that Cathedral it's a great representation of the Cathedral that we've here in Palma City. It's really nice to see real places created in the build engine.

I will replay your maps soon as I played them long time ago, but remember enjoying every single map of yours.

This post has been edited by Dukebot: 08 April 2020 - 03:33 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options