• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Duke Being Put To Pasture?

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 04 March 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

a couple of scenes do stand out

:)

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 04 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

You forgot my favourite scene, the death of the ship captain! Honestly, I do not remember ever laughing this hard at a video game before... :)

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 05 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Well, yeah. He's been dead a long time.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

"It's not a curse, you made a deal with the devil, yes that's it..."

Gearbox was the final nail in the coffin.

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 14 March 2019 - 05:21 PM

• Judge Mental

I'm reminded of that scene in the Jobs movie (The good one with Fassbender)

"The things we could have done together."
"God the things we could have done."

If anything, there is always Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass coming up.

User is offline   gemeaux333 

Actually I was talking about this one :

https://youtu.be/8Y9MZcwwZEg?t=4610

This post has been edited by gemeaux333: 16 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Oh god, I had forgotten about the scene not having any sound effects. I guess even the author knew better than to put a squishy sound or a loud thud there. :)

User is offline   xMobilemux 

https://twitter.com/...710798946799617
Posted Image

View PostxMobilemux, on 18 March 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

No Duke betas, not interested.

Never played Bulletstorm before. Is it really that bad?

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 18 March 2019 - 01:42 PM

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 18 March 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Never played Bulletstorm before. Is it really that bad?

It's all about what kind of FPS you're into. It's linear. The humor is middle school. It's creative and colorful and I suppose there is lots to like. Duke didn't feel like Duke to me (in the add on), but it was nice seeing him help people.

Guess the Gearbox tease means one of the following: 1. We're getting more Bulletstorm and more Duke. 2. We're getting another Duke/Bulletstorm hybrid (I hope not). 3. We're getting one or the other and the choice of the Bulletstorm screenshot is irrelevant.

My money is on just a re-release of Bullestorm: Full Clip Edition. Speaking of money, I see the game is still $39,99 USD, which is, like, come on... Was this not originally released in 2011?

As for Bulletstorm itself, I know it has a beautiful soundtrack that used to be available as a free download and is composed by the same people who scored Shadow Warrior 2013, if I am not mistaken.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 18 March 2019 - 04:45 PM

• Judge Mental

Bulletstorm asw a game is fine.

Gearbox re-releasing it with a really terrible Duke plug in bonus to get money out of suckers was not so good.

I'm not holding my breath that this is going to be anything worth a damn. We shall see.

Damn, I am watching the cutscenes from the Duke Nukem DLC and I am honestly starting to wonder if Jon St. John does not secretly hate voicing the character, because holy crap, just like in Duke Nukem Forever, he constantly sounds like he is phoning it in. I mean, I am not very familiar with his work outside of Duke Nukem, but I thought he sounded much more motivated in the Rad Rodgers trailer. :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

We either get details of what's in the DNF repackage, or a new game (I predict a 0.0003% chance of that) or I'm not interested.

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 18 March 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

Damn, I am watching the cutscenes from the Duke Nukem DLC and I am honestly starting to wonder if Jon St. John does not secretly hate voicing the character, because holy crap, just like in Duke Nukem Forever, he constantly sounds like he is phoning it in. I mean, I am not very familiar with his work outside of Duke Nukem, but I thought he sounded much more motivated in the Rad Rodgers trailer. :)

I thought Jon's performance was superior in DNF compared to Bulletstorm. Guess there's a lack of direction overall.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image

What a fucking surprise :)

• Polymancer

View PostxMobilemux, on 18 March 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

What a fucking surprise :D

Not a surprise at all :)

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 19 March 2019 - 12:11 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

Wouldn't mind if he wasn't told. There was more than enough of him in DNF.

I get we see all views and opinions possible here, but Jon St John rules. Valid criticisms over the years, but ditching Jon would be bad. Like people have mentioned with direction etc, if you'd like a more gritty or oldschool style Duke sound and performance, it can be done by Jon. Even if they don't direct it that way, the odds of a new actor they hire pleasing you (an oldschool Duke fan) even more is very very low. Plus I like the idea of a company being loyal to an iconic voice actor, recasting Duke would not be good. So just saying, JSJ is the man.

On the ol' Duke tease, wake me up when it happens, but it's better than the IP just being lost in the sands of time like No One Lives Forever or something.

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 19 March 2019 - 01:18 AM

I do not know, I would definitely not mind them getting, say, H. Jon Benjamin to voice Duke Nukem.

Especially if they let him come up with his own material rather than just have him steal catchphrases and make popular culture references.

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 19 March 2019 - 04:12 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

So... what's it gonna be this time?

Mysterious Gearbox teaser on Twitter

• Polymancer

According to most of the comments, the tards would rather have either a new Bulletstorm game or - and may God have mercy on their souls - Boredomlands 3. If they really want this, and aren't just trolling, then they need to be put out of our misery.

Don't fight it, it's a kindness.

"Give me Borderlands 3 with Duke Nukem as a playable character. Yup that’s all I want!" Yep. The only cure for this guys ills is a warm bath and a razorblade.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 19 March 2019 - 06:28 AM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Good lord. Have we reached the point where people already don't expect a full Duke Nukem game any more, but just a special guest appearance in other games all the time? Please tell me Gearbox fanboyz (if there are still any) are not THAT retarded.

View PostTea Monster, on 19 March 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

"Give me Borderlands 3 with Duke Nukem as a playable character. Yup that’s all I want!"

It would probably be DLC anyways, yep, can see it already:

"play as Duke Nukem!, only $20!" voicelines sold separately

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 March 2019 - 07:49 AM

Hey, now. I like Borderlands! :D

Obviously, I do not want Duke Nukem as a DLC character, especially if it is as pointless and badly integrated to the game as the Bulletstorm one, but I would rather have a Borderlands 3 than another Duke Nukem Forever... And speaking of Bulletstorm, is it a bad game or not? I am getting mixed messages here.

View PostTea Monster, on 19 March 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

"Give me Borderlands 3 with Duke Nukem as a playable character. Yup that’s all I want!" Yep. The only cure for this guys ills is a warm bath and a razorblade.

Huh... are you seriously promoting suicide there? :)

That seems a bit... extreme?

This post has been edited by johnnythewolf: 19 March 2019 - 08:31 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

When Bulletstorm first came out it was touting itself as a fun FPS that hailed back to the shooters of old instead of the boring WW2 military shooters that dominated at the time (Call of Duty). They reinforced this by releasing a free game called "Duty Calls" that made fun of everything that shooters had turned into. I was really excited for it. There's this chain item that allows you to grab enemies and fling them through the air and get fancy killshots with and stuff or something. I tried the demo on my 360 at the time and I just remember it being underwhelming and not the saviour it was touting itself to be. For starters, you can't jump. Like, at all. It's fairly linear. Not that those things are bad, but it felt like they were "Telltale Games-ing" everyone by hijacking a fanbase and then just bringing them into something they weren't expecting. Seemed really disingenuous to me.

Anyway, after playing the demo I wasn't that impressed but I haven't played the full game. It might be fine for what it is. I was just disappointed because it wasn't what I expected or what I believe they were leading everyone to believe.

Are you real? Do you actually believe that?

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 19 March 2019 - 08:42 AM

View Postjohnnythewolf, on 19 March 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

suicide? nobody said anything about suicide. He just said that they need a bath and a good shave :D

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 19 March 2019 - 09:00 AM

Share this topic:

• 23 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options