• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Kathy 

Answered here. https://forums.duke4...475-epic-store/

User is offline   John Brown 

So, when Shelly gets her player sprites, will she be as Thicc™ as her model in Rad Rodgers? </bad joke post>

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Oh God, I promised myself that I won't cause flame wars by stating my honest opinion but that character model is... yes, managed to keep it together!

fireeveryonewhosresponsible

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 04 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

No, that's explicitly a caricature-like version for Rad Rodgers. The guy who did the model is the same guy who did all of the enemy and weapon modeling for IM, though.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah seriously Zaxx, you need to look at that character model in the context of Rad Rogers. It's like criticizing Link for not looking buff and realistic in Windwaker.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Shelly in Rad Rogers was revealed long ago, and her figure has been in the Ion Maiden front page for a while.

This post has been edited by Fox: 04 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

User is offline   John Brown 

^That's pretty much what I thought when I saw the trailer, that it was just her figurine from the boxed set I still regret not buying.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View PostFox, on 04 March 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Shelly in Rad Rogers was revealed long ago, and her figure has been in the Ion Maiden front page for a while.

That figurine has legs though... you know, instead of those things the in-game model has where her legs should be. Maybe she's just pregnant and her legs are retaining water?

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

You do realize they 3D printed from the in-game model?

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostZaxx, on 04 March 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

That figurine has legs though... you know, instead of those things the in-game model has where her legs should be. Maybe she's just pregnant and her legs are retaining water?

Yeah, she's pregnant. Surprise!

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostFox, on 04 March 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

You do realize they 3D printed from the in-game model?

It's not quite the same.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postthricecursed, on 04 March 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

I hope Duke's the father. :)

Anyway honestly the Rad Rodgers style is cool, it's just that I think her body proportions are off even for that kind of art design.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 04 March 2019 - 11:58 PM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostZaxx, on 04 March 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

Anyway honestly the Rad Rodgers style is cool, it's just that I think her body proportions are off even for that kind of art design.

I believe this is called Super-Deformed and there seems to be no single standard for how this should be pulled off. She looks cute though :)

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Yeah, I know that style but look, their legs are okay. :) Who knows, maybe I just caught the plague, I mean I have a 3D model artist friend who hates Batman's character design in the Arkham games because the proportions are off. You can tell him that "dude, it's the comic book design, he looks monstrous because that original comic book character is what they going for here", he still hates it. :D

They make amazing stuff btw., check them out though chances are you've already seen some of their stuff:
http://www.digicpictures.com/

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 05 March 2019 - 03:43 AM

User is offline   Sledgehammer 

• Once you start doubting, there's no end to it

View PostJohn Brown, on 04 March 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

So, when Shelly gets her player sprites, will she be as Thicc™ as her model in Rad Rodgers? </bad joke post>

She looks pretty thick and curvy on that box art if you ask me. I mean just look at those damn sexy legs. Is there high res wallpaper, by the way?

View Postthricecursed, on 04 March 2019 - 11:13 PM, said:

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 05 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostSledgehammer, on 05 March 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Is there high res wallpaper, by the way?

The press kit has very high-res wallpapers of the box art.

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Guys! Can you contact Nvidia in some shape or form?

The thing is that I installed the latest drivers (https://www.guru3d.c...r-download.html) and the situation of the frame time jitter / judder / stutter whatever issue I've been driving TX crazy with has improved tremendously in IM, NBlood and EDuke32 (chances are it's the same with RedNukem too, didn't test that one). It can still happen but it's so rare that it's more like a minor annoyance now instead of something serious. My frame times got a lot more steady, the judder happened only around 3 or 4 times during a playthrough of Episode 1 of Blood (on Well Done difficulty so it took a bit more time than usual), every time I could fix it quickly by some quick saving and quick loading.

They did something, I dunno what but it helped. Maybe if you could get some information about the driver that would help in fully solving this problem for ED32.

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 06 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostSledgehammer, on 05 March 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

Is there high res wallpaper, by the way?

View PostMrFlibble, on 06 March 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

Also: http://voidpoint.com/public/ion_maiden_menu_wallpaper.png

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

View PostZaxx, on 06 March 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

The thing is that I installed the latest drivers (https://www.guru3d.c...r-download.html) and the situation of the frame time jitter / judder / stutter whatever issue I've been driving TX crazy with has improved tremendously in IM, NBlood and EDuke32 (chances are it's the same with RedNukem too, didn't test that one). It can still happen but it's so rare that it's more like a minor annoyance now instead of something serious. My frame times got a lot more steady, the judder happened only around 3 or 4 times during a playthrough of Episode 1 of Blood (on Well Done difficulty so it took a bit more time than usual), every time I could fix it quickly by some quick saving and quick loading.

They did something, I dunno what but it helped. Maybe if you could get some information about the driver that would help in fully solving this problem for ED32.

Great to hear that!
What was your last version ?

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

View Postoasiz, on 06 March 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

What was your last version ?

This one:
https://www.guru3d.c...r-download.html

View PostMrFlibble, on 06 March 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

View PostHendricks266, on 06 March 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Perfect, this is exactly what I wanted. Also I hope you guys do more official art or release something like artbook at some point in digital format (I remember there were plenty of Shelly artworks, including hud related). Would be nice to have more pics to use as a wallpaper on desktop.

This post has been edited by Sledgehammer: 06 March 2019 - 10:53 PM

User is online   Tekedon 

View PostZaxx, on 06 March 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

I'd like to add. I had serious problems before with build engine games on my GTX 850M card. I had a mouselag/delay in every buildengine game no matter if it's a port or not. With the latest drivers it is barely noticable (even DN 20th anniversary edition works better). So thumbs up for Nvidia

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

We need an Ion Maiden Game Ready driver lol.

So, this is drivers problem after all? I haven't updated mine for years, so I guess I have even less reasons to do update now.

Anyway, I think I haven't said this before, but I hope IM won't be one time thing and I'm not talking about retro FPS in general, because for example I wouldn't say that WRATH which is Quake-inspired game is on the same level of IM. And one thing I'm kind of being afraid of is the game to be "short".

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

If all the levels are as large as the one(s) they showed in the gameplay trailer, 15 maps will keep you busy for a while. Still, I guess we are looking at 8-10h gameplay max, presumably.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostNightFright, on 09 March 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

If all the levels are as large as the one(s) they showed in the gameplay trailer, 15 maps will keep you busy for a while. Still, I guess we are looking at 8-10h gameplay max, presumably.

You mean the preview campaign? Or are there any new gameplay trailer?

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I think he's talking about Wrath.

View PostNightFright, on 09 March 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

Well, I was talking about Ion Maiden length.

User is offline   NNC 

View PostDaedolon, on 09 March 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

I think he's talking about Wrath.

Yeah, stupid me, only read the last post. :)

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Yeah figured with the Wrath Steam page stating:

• Traverse 3 hubs and 15 enormous, interconnected levels crawling with hordes of enemies, lore and ancient secrets.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options