Duke4.net Forums: Alien Armageddon [RELEASE] - Duke4.net Forums

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alien Armageddon [RELEASE]  "showcasing sebabdukeboss20 characters with some enhancements"

User is offline   minime637 

Yeah I finished all episodes plus NA and last D.C. one. I say all good but just want to find all the upgrades for the weapons in the original episodes and here is link to the Bombshell page that some want https://steamcommuni...902239539040353

View Postminime637, on 07 March 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

Yeah I finished all episodes plus NA and last D.C. one. I say all good but just want to find all the upgrades for the weapons in the original episodes and here is link to the Bombshell page that some want https://steamcommuni...902239539040353

I considered overhauling the original episodes and putting them in along with other visual enhancements, but the problem is those episodes are still part of a product that's being sold, so I can't really touch them without risk.

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 07 March 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

I considered overhauling the original episodes and putting them in along with other visual enhancements, but the problem is those episodes are still part of a product that's being sold, so I can't really touch them without risk.

Okay but you can put it with the secrets in the level or just give cheat to spawn them in mostly because I feel like they didn't put any effort in the secrets in the original episodes at times mostly one because of the prison level in my opinion

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View Postminime637, on 07 March 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Okay but you can put it with the secrets in the level

it doesn't work that way

They can't edit the non-shareware episode maps and re-distribute them. They are still owned and being actively sold by a copyright holder.

As far as spawning upgrade sprites - that can be done with the console.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2019 - 09:44 AM

okay (shrug) but in the new episode in the future can you add shadow warrior aka low Wang as a mini boss than join you and low Wang enemies aka demons show up want to kill low Wang, Duke, and Bombshell or something like that so you have three main characters time 2021 or + (future)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postminime637, on 07 March 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

okay (shrug) but in the new episode in the future can you add shadow warrior aka low Wang as a mini boss than join you and low Wang enemies aka demons show up want to kill low Wang, Duke, and Bombshell or something like that so you have three main characters time 2021 or + (future)

I've thought about a third playable character, but it wouldn't be Lo Wang, and I don't want to port in a bunch of SW stuff.

User is offline   Forge 

View Postminime637, on 07 March 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

there are other projects if you want SW stuff in Dukeverse
https://www.moddb.co...tion-multiverse

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2019 - 11:50 AM

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostForge, on 07 March 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

it doesn't work that way

They can't edit the non-shareware episode maps and re-distribute them. They are still owned and being actively sold by a copyright holder.

Doesn't AA still require the GRP file? Shouldn't that be enough to keep the copyright sharks at bay since you still need to own the original product in order to use the tweaks?

User is offline   Forge 

View PostNinety-Six, on 07 March 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Doesn't AA still require the GRP file? Shouldn't that be enough to keep the copyright sharks at bay since you still need to own the original product in order to use the tweaks?

using that logic, I can extract everything out of the grp file and distribute it. Eduke32 still needs a grp file to run the game, so I'm good to go.

Think I'll stick with what seems like common sense and not risk having the project shut down.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

View PostForge, on 07 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

using that logic, I can extract everything out of the grp file and distribute it. Eduke32 still needs a grp file to run the game, so I'm good to go.

I'm not saying a GRP I'm saying the GRP. If it can only be used in this context, with the assets already owned and required for use...

I mean, technically speaking, given that a lot of the enemy sprites are modified versions of the originals (or at least use bits and pieces thereof), is it that different than map data?

• Duke Plus Developer

Speaking for myself, I'm not very interested in adding stuff to the old maps and calling it a "special edition" or something similar. If someone else wants to do that, then I'm pretty sure we could release it -- there are tons of Duke 3D mods which include lots of assets from the game; AA is not even one of the top offenders, and as Ninety-Six pointed out it still needs the original game data to run, it's not like we are distributing it as a standalone. But as I said, I have little interest in adding stuff to the original maps myself, apart from simple map hacks to put in voxels and such. I do have a few bug fixes already that have been inserted via code (these include some fixes for ambient sounds that were set to the wrong radius and were never heard as a result).

Now, a complete re-imagining of the original episodes with brand new maps that were similar in theme to the originals would be far more interesting. As an example, what DanM did in the first level of DNE, with a movie theater level built from scratch that was similar to E1L1 thematically. However, I personally wouldn't have much involvement in that other than doing some general scripting that could be used for it.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostNinety-Six, on 07 March 2019 - 12:52 PM, said:

I'm not saying a GRP I'm saying the GRP.

If you want to extract all the maps out of Your The A grp file and distribute them here on this forum, be my guest.

This post has been edited by Forge: 07 March 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 March 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Now, a complete re-imagining of the original episodes with brand new maps that were similar in theme to the originals would be far more interesting. As an example, what DanM did in the first level of DNE, with a movie theater level built from scratch that was similar to E1L1 thematically. However, I personally wouldn't have much involvement in that other than doing some general scripting that could be used for it.

I would love to see a level pack like this myself.

User is online   Phredreeke 

Hmmm... what if there was some other episode you could include though...
Posted Image

View PostPhredreeke, on 07 March 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Hmmm... what if there was some other episode you could include though...
Posted Image

Honestly, PnP would probably be one of the episodes that could really use the treatment they gave DC with level tweaks and such, though probably a bit more involved make it a bit more balanced. Though I imagine it would be much tougher to do so, not the least of which is its existing format.

User is offline   Marya 

View Postsebabdukeboss20, on 07 March 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

I find it kinda odd at how quickly word tour came out after Megaton was removed from the Steam store....

Back from a drink and lol at Shelly's bored line, she was talking so much, let's go let's go, come on come on comeon c'mon c'mon Posted Image.

Btw, there are things that you probably know already, purpose/balance or not, i'll write them here just in case, the following weapons uses 2 ammo: Desert Eagle, Explosive Shotgun Shells (yea i know, this one is very obvious that is for balance), Rolling Turrets, Grenade Launcher (Shelly's devastator), this last one make no frontal damages to her, this mean that she can run straight away like a rhino in very close combats against monsters (which i like very much honeslty :))

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 07 March 2019 - 10:12 PM

• Duke Plus Developer

Yeah, the ammo usages are correct and they aren't bugs. You can pick the turrets back up so they don't get wasted. It's strange that her grenades don't do any self-damage. Come to think of it, I probably introduced that bug when I reduced friendly fire damage. Oh well, not many people will complain about being unable to blow themselves up.

Just started episode 4.

It's minor, but I noticed during the usual intro cutscene, Stalker was playing instead of Briefing. I actually tried to fix it myself, but when I opened the user con... it looks like it should be working but for some reason it isn't.

User is offline   Marya 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 07 March 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

Yeah, the ammo usages are correct and they aren't bugs. You can pick the turrets back up so they don't get wasted. It's strange that her grenades don't do any self-damage. Come to think of it, I probably introduced that bug when I reduced friendly fire damage. Oh well, not many people will complain about being unable to blow themselves up.
the only time i want to blow myself up is in multiplayer when i don't feel like my team doesn't deserve my effort so yeah...

I dunno if this is a bug or not but speaking of that you can blow yourself up with shelly's devastator ,but it seems like you have to not be at 100 health.....

This post has been edited by Marya: 08 March 2019 - 06:18 AM

just a question why does Enforcer pig cop like auto charge at after losing it's shield time five or three seconds it feel like at times and sometimes while charging he will start jump in a circle if he on low elevation or stuck by a door or even losing site of player it look funny at time my main problem is fire gun once then charge Intel he die and can give him more health if with more pig cops he will get more health because of there deaths or something like that or it's to hard to do????

User is offline   Forge 

View Postminime637, on 08 March 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

just a question why does Enforcer pig cop like auto charge at after losing it's shield time five or three seconds it feel like at times and sometimes while charging he will start jump in a circle if he on low elevation or stuck by a door or even losing site of player it look funny at time my main problem is fire gun once then charge Intel he die and can give him more health if with more pig cops he will get more health because of there deaths or something like that or it's to hard to do????

Their charge & shield loss behavior is determined by how much damage they've taken.
The surrounding architecture can effect their movement - there's no real way to predict every environment - just general things, Do X if encountering Y. Funny behavior may be encountered under certain circumstances and situations.
The health for each enemy is pre-set. I don't think there's a realistic way to give them more or less health based on what other enemy they are with. I don't think vampirism is a consideration for that particular enemy.

was saying like medic kit or something or a food item

User is offline   Forge 

View Postminime637, on 08 March 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

was saying like medic kit or something or a food item

that they should randomly drop medic kits, or that they should be able to heal themselves and other pigs?

Could it be coded for them to drop healing items? Yes.

Could enemies be coded to be nurses? Probably.

Neither of those questions are for me to answer, though. Not my lane.

This post has been edited by Forge: 08 March 2019 - 04:52 PM

okay Forge but want more enemies types like lizard troop with laser shotgun, laser machine gun, laser looking rocket launcher, (dis include lizard enforcer) laser pistol with scope or something and more pig cops like D.N.F. if possible pig cops mostly have bullet weapons and normal rocket launcher

• Duke Plus Developer

I would like to add weapon variations to the existing enemies. It's on my to-do list.

As far as the armored pigs jumping a lot:

Making an actor jump when it is bumping against an obstacle is a lazy way to try to get it unstuck. It works fine if the obstacle is something short, but fails in other cases. The old jumping enemies use this, and I have followed suit with the new jumping enemies in AA.

I have coded a path node system, and a rudimentary version of it is used in a few places in the refurbished DC maps, but generally it's not used in the released content. It will be featured heavily in the next big update, though. A pathing system makes it much easier for actors to navigate the environment. Otherwise, it takes a lot of calculations and guesswork.

I liked the first map of the new episode, but I have to say I'm not a fan of its use of a point of no return at the end.

(not that it mattered since I spent literally an entire hour scouring every last corner of the map for the final secret, and found nothing. Not even when I started cheating with DNSHOWMAP and an infinite jetpack could I find it.)

User is offline   Marya 

View PostNinety-Six, on 08 March 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

I liked the first map of the new episode, but I have to say I'm not a fan of its use of a point of no return at the end.

(not that it mattered since I spent literally an entire hour scouring every last corner of the map for the final secret, and found nothing. Not even when I started cheating with DNSHOWMAP and an infinite jetpack could I find it.)
Dnclip...

View PostMarya, on 08 March 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

Dnclip...

If there was somewhere to go I would have used it.

User is offline   John Brown 

If I may ask, which secrets did you find? I could point you in the right direction. Then again if you already moved onto the next level, yeah it's a moot point. And I agree with you about points-of-no-return in general.

The first time I beat the first level, I had Shelly stuck on one side and Duke on the other, and when I started the next map and saw it was Shelly on her own, I thought it was intentional to explain why Duke was taking Forever (cue unenthusiastic laughtrack).

Share this topic:

• 58 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options