• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AMC TC general

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 March 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

Just thought of another question. Those optional and especially the extra (user map) missions... do those change episode to episode (as in, to complete them it must be done before the episode is done)?

Which ones?

I may not fully understand the question, but there are two types of 'optional' user maps and missions.

EDF missions are (old) user maps incorporated into the game and are optional. Completing them usually nets some funds for research projects and supply depots/factories.

AMC optional missions are specifically made for the AMC TC, but don't have to be completed to finish the episode. Completing them usually gives some other kind of reward. Maybe an artifact, research level increase, whatever.

I believe the EDF maps are a constant, but AMC optional maps only show up if certain missions in certain episodes are completed.

So if you complete episode 2, but don't do any of the optional maps - you can go back during episode 3 and play them. (as long as you tick the box in the mission overlay options to display episode 2 maps during episode 3)

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

View PostForge, on 02 March 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

I believe the EDF maps are a constant

So if you complete episode 2, but don't do any of the optional maps - you can go back during episode 3 and play them. (as long as you tick the box in the mission overlay options to display episode 2 maps during episode 3)

This is what I was asking. Danke.

View PostNinety-Six, on 02 March 2019 - 04:07 PM, said:

This is what I was asking. Danke.

I must add to what Forge said that most EDF missions boast a small object which you can pick up in order to serve as decoration in a character's quarters in the AMC base.
Example, in the Fantasy Hotel map there is a James Bond poster for James and a set of Katanas for Micky. Just look for sprites you haven't seen anywhere else

User is offline   John Brown 

Also for completionist's sake, the EDF missions won't be selectable until you visit the hub world on (I believe) the Moon, and talk to an EDF officer there. I mention it because I missed it the first time I played (but, due to the persistent nature of this mod, you really can't "miss" stuff, in a way).

You're all great helps. I ask a question and everyone chimes in. That sounds sarcastic but I don't know how to say that and it not come off as sarcastic.

Actually it occurred to me. Since I know there are multiple hubs, what do they actually do? Are certain missions locked behind particular hubs, or certain upgrade stations...

I suppose I'm asking what the point of the extra hubs are. And that sounds like a mean question, but I'm asking it out of genuine interest, not critique. Another sentence that's hard to say without it coming off as something else.

User is offline   Jblade 

They unlock extra stuff basically - the moon base in episode 2 gives you access to some new weapons that you can purchase as well as the EDF missions (which as already said, is more opportunities to earn cash as well as some minor decorative things) The new hub map in episode 3 will also give you some new guns to purchase alongside a little sidequest to get a discount on them as well as a new research project, some civilians to talk to, and an extremely expensive paperweight for the AMC base :)

For those who dig "immersion" in games (which I do), there's also the benefit of just taking a break from the shooting to explore the maps and try to find easter eggs and secrets. To me, it really helps the story that you can see normal people walking around, and not just babes and fire-dance-lady, there are actual humans (...and fossas I guess) depending on you the player to keep them safe.

View PostJblade, on 04 March 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

They unlock extra stuff basically - the moon base in episode 2 gives you access to some new weapons that you can purchase as well as the EDF missions (which as already said, is more opportunities to earn cash as well as some minor decorative things) The new hub map in episode 3 will also give you some new guns to purchase alongside a little sidequest to get a discount on them as well as a new research project, some civilians to talk to, and an extremely expensive paperweight for the AMC base :)

I love expensive paperweights!

Danke. I'm looking forward to this.

View PostJblade, on 04 March 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I don't know what to expect from the "paper weight" but it kinda reminds me of the papers you can sign in the Urban Invasion map where you can use a time portal to sign a paper and turn a place into a small AMC compound ... Is it related or is it something totally new ?

User is offline   Jblade 

it's a joke man, never micro-analyse what I'm saying because even I don't know what I'm banging on about half the time.

it's a very expensive item that does nothing but sit in the AMC base and it's purely, PURELY, for the guys who have played enough to have like 20000k base budget sitting around :)

View PostJblade, on 05 March 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

it's a joke man, never micro-analyse what I'm saying because even I don't know what I'm banging on about half the time.

it's a very expensive item that does nothing but sit in the AMC base and it's purely, PURELY, for the guys who have played enough to have like 20000k base budget sitting around :)

Oh okay ^^;
Playing enough to get 20000k or .... cheating enough ... ?
I have my technique of using flamethrowers on Triads but I've got another mean (much easier and faster) to achieve the deed, or should I say to "configure" the deed Posted Image
(obviously I don't advise it)

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 05 March 2019 - 01:23 AM

I don't want to clutter up the Episode 3 topic, since I haven't played it yet (and I'm trying to avoid spoilers), but I'm replaying Ep 2 now, just finished the third of the Triad missions. So much of ep 2 was gold to me, but I particularly enjoyed the Asian maps (I still say this mod did a better job of being a sequel to Shadow Warrior than Borderlands 2.5 Shadow Warrior 2 did. I am finding the secrets much harder in this ep, so far I have 3/5 in the LA map, and 1/3 in the Argentina optional mission, but I have 100% in the Triad trilogy, and I am happy with that.

I also notice what I assume are episode 3 artifacts/weapons dropping in these maps, which is another good incentive to replay them. I found... something in Argentina, but didn't remember what, and I can't seem to find it in any of the menus. James' AR-type weapon, I did find, I just haven't used it yet.

Also a story thing, I went into third person during the opening set in the post-apocalyptic wasteland, and saw the player sprite. Then after finishing the island base mission, I went into James's office to talk to Jane and Minerva. Minerva's conversation about dreams... HMMMM. Needless to say, I am doing everything in my power to avoid ep 3 spoilers, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where the whole thing goes in 4 and 5.

View PostJohn Brown, on 09 March 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

I also notice what I assume are episode 3 artifacts/weapons dropping in these maps, which is another good incentive to replay them. I found... something in Argentina, but didn't remember what, and I can't seem to find it in any of the menus. James' AR-type weapon, I did find, I just haven't used it yet.

About not finding the weapon, have you tried scrolling down or up in the loadout editor ? Because not James has so many weapons you need to scroll in order to see the rest. There is a vertical slider if mouse roll doesn't work.

User is offline   Jblade 

The weapon in Repent is a new weapon for Zaxtor, it's a replacement for his Sonic RPG (does amazing damage against all targets but it has no radius damage unlike the Sonic RPG)

Thank you both. So, a new Zaxtor weapon... I guess that means I have to play Jungle Base a fourth time.

(real talk, the only part I seriously hate is the platforming on the tiny pegs sticking out of the reactor at the end of the interior half, I can tolerate the outdoor jungle platforming by now)

EDIT: I used Zaxtor on Oil Rig just now and found all the secrets, when before I always found 0/2. The level also runs a lot better than it used to (still runs very choppily, but significantly better than before).

EDIT again: Went through the Dojo, Tower of Life, and Shadow Realm with Merlijn, and I don't know if he was buffed or not but I completely cleaned house with him. Also every single secret in every single Asian level found, I am happy.

This post has been edited by John Brown: 10 March 2019 - 10:41 AM

I almost hate to say this but; I still can't seem to find the Devastator Framework. It is the one research project that continues to elude me...

User is offline   Jblade 

I don't think it's in-game yet, don't worry about it for now - it only has a use for upgraded the riotgun-minigun ATM

Oh, I thought I should follow-up on an issue I had long ago, that as of now seems fixed to me. The loadouts I pick for the characters, they stick now. Before, I could, for example, pick Rusty's AK74, but when I play a level, it would be his default FG-42. Or I would assign the bullet luck amulet to Highwire, but after doing a mission and going back to the loadout screen, his luck amulet is now equipped on Zaxtor or someone else. So far, everything is fixed, and the loadout screen even remembers what each character had equipped on previous missions, which is awesome. And, I was finally able to buy Mikko's alternate plasma rifle, and it sure was fun to use (before, clicking the option to buy it did absolutely nothing, even after scanning the QR code).

And on my Episode 2 replay, I just beat Ghost Ship, it's still running poorly for me but I think it's because of all the transparencies, voxels, and room over room, and it's an awesome enough level that I can forgive how it runs. I only have Zeta Base and the epic five-pack Mars missions standing between me and Episode 3.

(I'm glad I decided to replay the old levels too, the predictor brain you can get in Megabase is a nice touch to read up before missions; it sure has an ominous prediction about Arsia Mons...)

View PostJblade, on 11 March 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

I don't think it's in-game yet, don't worry about it for now - it only has a use for upgraded the riotgun-minigun ATM

That explains why I couldn't find it, no matter how hard I looked. A bit cheeky introducing a research project you can't find.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I'm stuck in Tower of LIfe. I have found and used a few keys already, but I have a gold key in my inventory and cannot find the door it goes to. I already used what I thought was a gold key, too -- maybe one of them is bronze? I can get to a high floor where there are 2 thrones that were occupied by big melee monsters. In that room there is a forcefield that I can't pass. There is another forcefield in a lower floor that blocks what appears to be a library. In any case, I have been up and down all the flights of stairs and have gone everywhere I can think of but I can't find where to put that key.

User is offline   Jblade 

Shoot the gongs in the throne room :)

that lower forcefield is a secret - there's a gong in the little outside area there you can shoot to gain access to it as well.

User is offline   Sanek 

Unfortunately, it seems like the game's not really supposed to be played via 32-bit systems.
Can't launch it with the usual eduke32 launcher, only with debug launcher. And when I start playing, everything moves a lot slower than it's supposed to be. :)

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostJblade, on 14 March 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

Shoot the gongs in the throne room :)

that lower forcefield is a secret - there's a gong in the little outside area there you can shoot to gain access to it as well.

All right, finished the level! I can't believe how epic these maps are.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 14 March 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

All right, finished the level! I can't believe how epic these maps are.

Aww shucks, keep that talk up and you'll give me and James big heads.

Posted Image

Some stuff to say and ask.
1_ Firstly about Merlijn's new HUD. Somehow when I was using (without knowing) the 64 bit EDuke, it looked fine but ever scine I started using 32 it looks like this >> Attached Image: duke0001.png
2_ I have found this gun for the 3rd time but it never shows up in the loadout editor >> Attached Image: duke0000.png Is it unlockable or is it not ? Like the Riot Grenade Launcher ?
3_ What does it bring us playing Chaos Sphere and Pipedream ? Apart from having the sphere in the research wing I don't see what it brings and I also don't see what's the connection between the two levels O_o

EDIT : actually screw it about Chaos Sphere, I've just found a weapon in a place I somehow missed the first time ... I must have gotten confused back then or something ... Still wondering about Pipedream though ...

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 15 March 2019 - 01:19 AM

User is offline   Jblade 

it's a map to play and enjoy, I don't know what else to say - not every map has to have a grand purpose, it's just more gameplay except with the twist of being a new character.

View PostJblade, on 15 March 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

it's a map to play and enjoy, I don't know what else to say - not every map has to have a grand purpose, it's just more gameplay except with the twist of being a new character.

Oh okay, sorry ^^
And what about the temporary weapon ? Can it be unlocked ?

Oh BTW I have played a bunch of EDF missions on Armagedon and "Jurassic Park Chaos Theory 2" has a problem. It gives medals up to Professional but not Armagedon. Should be an "easy" fix ^_- Lastly I finally finished "CyberDuke" and it gave the expert medals so I will have to see if it works correctly on Armagedon.
I'll try doing the rest in order to see if there's any other level that has this problem.

All right, I finally finished my grand replay of Eps 1 and 2, so I can finally get to Ep 3 this weekend. It was a blast as always. This time, I made more of an effort to find secrets, and I almost achieved that goal. For those who care, here is how I did:

Episode 1:
  • Megabase: 1/1
  • Dis Base: 5/5
  • Doom Disco: 0/0
  • Abyss: 2/2
  • Millhaven: 3/3
  • The Revolution: 2/2
  • Snowbase: 1/1
  • For Providence: 4/4

Episode 2:
  • City Under Siege: 3/5
  • Repent Base: 1/3
  • Xuglop Train: 0/0
  • New LA hub: 0/1
  • Big Trouble in China: 6/6
  • Fishing Wharf: 7/7
  • Island Facility: 3/3
  • Oil Rig: 2/2
  • Hidden Dojo: 1/1
  • Tower of Life: 6/6
  • Jungle Base: 4/5
  • Jungle Base Interior: 3/6
  • Far Mountain Reaches: 3/3
  • The Lurking Fear: 0/0
  • Dark Truths: 1/1
  • Energeia: 3/3
  • EAF Research Base: 1/1
  • Ghost Ship: 3/3
  • Zeta Base Lower: 9/9
  • Zeta Base Upper: 6/6
  • Zeta Base Bio-Lab: 6/6
  • Arsia Mons Colony: 0/0
  • Orbital Elevator: 1/1
  • Arsia Mons Broadcasting: 1/1
  • Cohagan Mines: 2/2
  • Mars Station: 0/0

For the Ep 1 secrets, mostly I found them on my own but James told me the first of the Revolution ones, and the others I probably remember from referencing the AMC Wiki (when I first played this mod almost three years ago). For Ep 2, since they're not on the wiki, I found all of those on my own except for the one in the EAF research base (the preamble to the Ghost Ship), I saw that one in Theheavymetalgoat's video playthrough. One day, I'll find that one secret in New LA. (the others somehow don't bother me *that* much, and I'm assuming the one secret I couldn't find in Jungle Base had the jetpack I'm assuming just HAS to be there somewhere that would make those levels a billion percent less annoying).

...also, who else roleplays after the credits part that James the character runs off with Jane Ashford at the end?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: duke0344.png

User is offline   Jblade 

https://www.dropbox....ch%201.zip?dl=0

Here's a beta copy of the patch, save games aren't compatible but research, campaign progress .etc is - once it's confirmed nothing major has broken I'll upload it to moddb.

User is offline   supergoofy 

Don't forget to include the correct eduke32.exe for 32bit

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options